Just Trying to Kill the Pain

November Rain

Seunghyun couldn't keep still. Dara was pregnant. She almost lost the baby because of him. He wants to see her, to comfort her but Bom made it clear that he was the last one Dara wanted to see. So he contented himself with watching her from a distance, silently watching over Dara and their baby. He also pleaded with Bom to give him information about Dara and the baby which she hesistantly gives to him. He's happy to see that Dara is smiling again but there's something in her smile that makes him sad. The old brilliance in her eyes wasn't there anymore, and the glow that expectant were supposed to have wasn't evident. He hates himself for robbing Dara of the joy of motherhood, he blames himself for staining her face with more tears. He wants to beg for her forgiveness but he knows he's not worthy.

 

-------------------

Dara is in her 25th week now, the baby bump is getting more and more obvious. He would give everything just to be able to hug her and her baby bump but he knows nothing he owns will ever make that happen.

She's coming out from her routine check up with her OB-GYNE and Bom never misses an appointment with her. Even if she didn't have to, Bom secretly sent a message to Seunghyun about the results of the tests; the baby was growing stronger in the womb and both of them are healthy. Dara's exile to her bed was lifted by the doctor but Bom was still hesitant to let her roam the city alone.

They found out at the previous ultrasound the of the baby and since the bed rest was lifted, they decided to buy some stuff for the baby. As he due date approaches, she needs to start stocking up on the things that she would need. This was the only bit of information that Bom left out from her reports to Seunghyun, the of the baby. She figured if anybody has to tell him, it would be Dara. If she didn't want to tell him, then he doesn't have to know. Bom knows that Dara is just trying to put up a brave front for her and for the baby but she has heard Dara mutter Seunghyun's name in her sleep with tears flowing down her face. She also knows that her friend still loves the , that's why she's putting up with him. It's not yet time for them to meet, Dara's still trying to mend and seeing Seunghyun would only shatter what she's rebuilt. In time she hopes that her friend would be strong enough to meet the father of her child and the source of her pain.

Taking a break from their shopping spree, Dara and Bom wandered into a small Italian Restaurant, Dara was famished and so was Bom. They odered two pastas, one family sized all meat pizza, a salad and bottomless iced tea. The waiter set the table for four but they dismissed him and said they weren't expecting company. The waiter's eyes widened as if to say "How can two tiny ladies eat all of this?" Dara's only answer was cradling her baby bump.. The two of them exchanged glances and when the waiters was out of earshot, they both bursted out in laughter. This was the first time that Dara laughed genuinely and Bom welcomed it.

"Maybe being able to walk around will do her some good," Bom mused to herself. After finishing everything on their table without a pizza crust left behind, they were about to leave when somebody called out to Dara, it was Jiyong and a few others. Dara wanted to hide her bump but she wasn't fast enough, Jiyong already pointed at her and asked "How far along are you? Is Seunghyun with you? He's been busy the past few months." Dara couldn't answer so Bom intervened, again.

"She's pretty close to her due date, why do you ask? As for that bastard Seunghyun, we haven't seen him. Aren't you supposed to be his friends? Why do you ask us about him?" Bom was glaring at the insensitive jerk in front of her.

"Whoa, chill girl. Don't blow a fuse. We know that Seunghyun has been pretty busy with work lately, but he's been avoiding us for some time now. I thought it was because Dara's back in town, he pereferred to stay loveydovey instead of hanging out with us." Jiyong said defensively.

"How do you know I'm staying in Seoul? I didn't tell anybody about this." Dara said, eyes fixed on Jiyong.

"Seunghyun told us that you're staying here indefinitely that's why. Congratulations on the baby, Seunghyun's pretty stoked about it." Jiyong waves at them goodbye and joins the rest of his friends. 

"How does he know about my pregnancy? Bom? Did you tell him about it?" Bom nodded her head, Dara was about to burst she was so furious that her best friend went behind her back and talked to Seunghyun.

"I need some time alone, please go home first." Dara said to Bom as she stormed out of the restaurant.

Bom tried calling her phone but she won't pick up. She was panicing; she's worried about what her friend might do and what might happen to her.

*beep* Dara, I am sorry for telling Seunghyun about your pregnancy. I had no other choice. He would've pestered you in the hospital, you were already stressed enough as it is. He agreed to stay away from you as long as I give him feedback about your condition. Please don't be mad. -Bommie

 

*beep*I know. I just need more time. -Dara

 

--------------------------------------

Dara found herself sitting on a bench facing a lake. It reminded her of the sea where Seunghyun confessed to her. A bitter tear ran down her face as she recalls what he said to her and how much of those words became lies in a span of months. She sat there, staring into the abyss for what seemed like hours, it was becoming too cold and she forgot to bring her jacket, but instead of standing up to leave, she lied down on the bench and hugged her belly.

"Seunghyun-ah, why did this have to happen? Your papa hurt me so much, what do I do? Will you forgive mama if she doesn't take your papa back? I promise to be the best parent to you, but please don't hate me. Even if your papa hurt me and I didn't expect to have you, I still love you so much. You are the product of our love, even if that love was shortlived. I love you, Hyun-ah" Dara couldn't stop the tears from flowing, she was sobbing once again then a blanket covered her. It was warm and comfortable, it was filled with a familiar scent that knocked her back into her senses.

"Please take care of yourself. I do not know what I would do if something were to happen to you again." said Seunghyun. He was about to leave when Dara called out to him.

"I'm having a baby boy, just thought you would like to know." Dara said, eyes still focused on the water. 'Why did you cheat on me, Seunghyun? I trusted you. I trusted you like I have never trusted any body in my life before. If you didn't love my anymore, you could have just broken up with me, it would have been less painful than knowing you cheated on me."

"I'm sorry Dara, I was just stupid. I love you. I love you. I don't want anyone else. I was just stupid. Please forgive me." Seunghyun tried to stop the last words from coming out of his mouth but he was desperate. Dara was beside him again and all the pain and the loning he felt just came crashing down on him. He knows he's not worthy to be forgiven, but he was selfish. He wants his family to be with him. He wants Dara back in his life. It doesn't matter is she's still mad at him, he just wants her back.

"Please Dara, answer me. Shout at me. Beat me up. Do anything to me. Just don't ignore me. I love you. I was stupid. I was drunk and she was there. I don't even know who she is. Please Dara. Please." Seunghyun was now on his knees, crying in front of Dara. He doesn't care if people were looking at him, he just wants Dara back.

Then  he felt a sting on his left cheek. Dara hit him hard. He didn't know if it was a punch or a slap, all he knows is that it hurt. His eyes went wide but he made no move to get up. Anoher slap was delivered on his other cheek. Dara was crying harder but was delivering slaps left and right.

"You were drunk? You don't know her? You're sorry? Forgive you? How dare you say those words to me? Do you know how much pain I've been through because of you? I was suppposed to be happy! We were supposed to be happy! You said you loved me! I thought you were different! I I trusted you." Her arms were getting weak and her breathing haggard. "I hate myself for trusting in you. I hate that I allowed myself to be betrayed. I should've known better than to be swayed by your words."

"Please don't hate yourself. Hate me. Blame me. Please don't ever think you are to blame. I was stupid and weak. You are perfect and I blew it. Please Dara, don't hate yourself. I would do anything to take the pain away from you. I..." Seunghyun couldn't continue anymore, he couldn't breathe. Dara was staring right at him, tears cascading from her eyes. He can't see any trace of anger in her eyes, only pain and confusion. He hated himself for staining her once clear eyes with tears. Without meaning to, Seunghyun pulled Dara for a hug. For a moment they stayed like that until Dara found her strength again.

"I hate myself for not hating you. I hate myself for being weak. I can't look at you and not feel the pain that you've caused me. I don't know if I can ever trust you again because I don't know if I can ever trust myself again with someone. I don't think I am strong enough to be with you again." There was an eerie calm in her voice, and her tears stopped coming. Dara stood up and walked to leave the park.

"Please give me a chance, another chance to show you how much I love you. I will wait forever if I have to, but please don't shut me out of your life. Please don't leave me." Seunghyun pleaded while still kneeling on the ground, his legs cannot find the strength to move.

Without looking back, Dara left the defeated Seunghyunn slumped on the ground.

 

----------------------

A few weeks later, a package was delivered to Seunghyun's office. It was the book he gave Dara, with it a small note was attached " I don't think I am your Big O as I, myself, am still rough around the edges. I need to flop, bump, and bounce, first before I can roll on my own. I think you need to do the same. PS. Little Seunghyun is due any time next week, you can visit him at the nursery if you want. -Dara"

 

 

Ok there it is. My first Tabisan fic. I originally planned it to be tragic but things changed as I was typing on AFF. >.< I hope it wasn't terrible. Thanks for bearing with me.