Wouldn't Time be Out to Charm You

November Rain

A normal day for Seunghyun was basically him drinking coffee, going to work, spend all day in the office then go home. He has no social life outside the dictates of his status in society. He goes out to parties, corporate parties and parties of other influential people, and plays golf or tennis with potential business partners. He doesn't have time to socialize with new people who doesn't strike him as "favorable" for the corporation. It's not that he's materialistic or a snob, he was just programmed to live this way. His father always stressed the value of his time and it shouldn't be wasted on people who will be of no use to them. It wasn't wrong for him, it was normal. He isn't what you would call "warm" but he wasn't "cold" either. He takes care of his employees and their Corporate Social Responsibilities has been acclaimed in various circles. But for those close to him, he doesn't do anything for himself or for other people, he does everything "for the company" that his grandfather built. His life seemed so perfect on the outside that even Seunghyun himself didn't see any flaws until a freak news tabloid catapulted his peaceful life into chaos.

Instead of driving to his office, he finds himself being whisked off to some secure location to stay away from media scrutiny. Apparently, his ual preference has made front page of every newspaper in the country. A source said that he had ual relations with Seunghyun and that they were in a romantic relationship. This sounded completely absurd to Seunghyun since he barely has enough time to meet with his friends much less start a relationship, with another man for that matter.

He would've handled matters himself if only his mother didn't meddle. She was really protective of him and this bit of scandal was driving her insane. As the sole heir to the corporation, Seunghyun has to keep up with society standards and getting tangled up in this circus was far from the ideal. Homouality is perhaps of the biggest taboos in their country even just a rumor of being gay can jeopardize his comfortable position in the corporation, no matter how popular he might be.

So here he  is, in a coastal town hours away from the city. No 5 star hotels, no malls, and hopefully no media crew. He is to stay with one of his father's previews employee. He wasn't used to provincial life but he had no problems with it. The quiet neighborhood and the sounds of the waves was calming and welcome to him. He thought about the last time he went to the beach and he couldn't remember when or who came with him. After settling in and exchanging pleasantries with the family, he decided to head out of the house and went to the sea. It's funny how he wasn't stressed about all the problems he left in the city; he knows it's not true and it will just get buried tomorrow with another idol gossip. He took this as a time to unwind and enjoy the scenery; the blue waters and the green foliage in the hills is something alien to him but it was attractive. He was about to leave when something caught his attention; a young girl chasing a toddler on the beach. It looked like the girl was having a tough time trying to get the little boy to put on his pants and it made Seunghyun laugh. The little boy was screaming and flailing his limbs evading the frantic hands of the young lady who seems like she would blow her top off any minute now. Before he knew what was happening, the little boy was already hugging is knees and the young lady was already gasping for air in front of him.

"Lee Yoo Min, get down from there! Let go of the Ahjussi's leg!" Shouted the girl.

Ahjussi? Did she just refer to me as AHJUSSI?

"Noona~~I don't want to go. Can't I just stay with you?" Said the little boy

"You can't. Your mom will be waiting for you, you will be late for the bus!"

"But I don't want to live in the city, I want to stay with you."

"You can come visit me any time, you have to stay with your mother. Now be a good boy and put on your clothes." Says the lady while prying the little boy from Seunghyun's legs.

The little boy was crying and didn't want to let go of Seunghyun's legs and the lady just kept on pulling. This threw Seunghyun off balance and sent them crashing on the sandy beach. The little boy hit his head on Seunghyun's knee which only made his crying even worse. The young lady scooped him up and dusted the sands off his hair.

"See? Look at the mess you made. It's not like we're never gonna see each other again, you just have to move to the city to live with your family. I can visit you and you can also visit me. Now stop crying, or your mom would think I bullied you again."The woman said while putting clothes on the little boy. As soon as she finished cleaning him up, a voice was heard calling out the boy, his mom came to pick him up.

"Dara noona, when I get bigger, will you be my wife?" The boy proudly proposes to his noona,with his tear-stained face, which earned him a kiss on the forehead.

"When you get older, you will realize that I am just an Ahjumma and there is a better person more suitable for you. Now get going before the bus leaves you behind."

The boys begrudgingly leaves his noona on the arms of his mother. He was still crying and saying that "Only noona is for me!"

Dara turned her attention to an amused Seunghyun, bowed her head and muttered an apology. She was about to leave when Seunghyun caught her wrist and introduced himself.

"You don't have to introduce yourself, you're all over the newspapers" beamed Dara.

"Oh. It's not true, ok? I am not gay" Seunghyun found himself embarrassed for the first time since the scandal broke out.

"It doesn't matter if it is or not. I don't even understand why it has to be front page news to be honest. I mean, what does a CEO's ual preference have to do with how you run your business? People can be weird sometimes."

Seunghyun was taken aback by her opinion, he has never met anyone who openly questioned the view of society, not out loud. He was used to everyone conforming that he didn't think people had another point of view.

"Earth to Mars or Venus, whichever you prefer, do you hear me?" Dara was waving her hand in front of Seunghyun's face. When he finally "returned to Earth" the girl reached out her hand and said "Dara Park, Loner Extraordinaire"