'Cause Nothing Lasts Forever

November Rain

A week flew by in a flash, they spent most of their free time together; watching movies, eating out, meeting each other's friends, making love, and everything else that normal couples do. They weren't able to do any of these before because of their setting, but because they lived in the same city even for a while, they felt like they were a normal couple and because of this brief opportunity, they found out what they were missing. They were hesitant to separate but they had responsibilities and real life's a . They agreed to keep their schedules as much as possible that means Seunghyun has to drive every weekend to the suburb to meet Dara or if she has a chance, she will visit him in the city.

"Nothing's gonna change.we still love each other, if it were possible, I think I've fallen for him more." Dara muses to herself. She's on the bus now, Seunghyun couldn't take her back because he has business to tend to.

Even if they had intended to keep on meeting every week, fate had other plans. Both of them were flooded by work, they barely had time to call each other. It's starting put a strain on their budding relationship and at times, it was becoming too much to handle. Their brief phone calls would turn to heated arguments which always ends up with one hanging up on the other. But as much as they fight, they always make up at the end. A simple "I am sorry, please forgive me" was all it took and they would be alright again. Sometimes Dara thinks it's a testament of their love for each other and sometimes she thinks it's because of their commitment to one another. Either way, she is happy with her relationship with her man.

Since that one week in Seoul, they haven't seen each other in two months. Dara had a rare time to herself so she decided to drop by Seunghyun's house, a house 3 hours away from hers. It was a weekday, Seunghyun probably had a lot of work in the office so she decided to stop by Bom's place first. She spent most of the day there and initially wanted to leave at night to go to Seunghyun's house. But her friend pulled out the drama and made her feel guilty about not spending time with her friends. She went to a club with Bom and a couple of other friends and partied with them. When Bom lost her way into the dance floor, Dara took the opportunity to sneak out. It was too loud and people were starting to get grabby. She stepped out to the alley and reveled in the relative quiet and coolness of the night air. She was about to step back in when she saw a familiar figure, three familiar figures in fact. It was such a coincidence that Jiyong, Seungri and Daesung were also in the same neighborhood so she wanted to call out to them. But then she realized that they were all preoccupied with lovely ladies, so she opted not to. She entered the club again only to see her best friend getting cozy with a stranger and she took it as a queue to leave. She could've gone home directly but she thought she could surprise Seunghyun instead.

She took a cab to his place and punched in the security code. She saw a light from his bedroom so she knew he was home, maybe he's sleeping. She silently made her way to his door when he heard his voice, she wanted to stop walking but it felt like her limbs were on autopilot and it's destination was the room, the room where a weird noise was coming from. The door was open, she saw clothes and shoes on the floor, and limbs tangled on the sheets.

"It's not Seunghyun. Tell me it's not him. Please. Don't let it be him." Dara repeated this in her head, then a small cry escaped from and the man looked to her direction. Cold sweat soaked Dara's skin and she felt her heart stop. Everything was a blur after that. She could remember Seunghyun running after her, grabbing her, asking her for something she can't understand. She didn't even know how she got back to Bom's apartment, maybe she took a cab.

When Bom found her in the morning, she was a mess and she was still in the clothes that she wore the previous night. She tried to tell Bom what happened but no words came out of . She just sobbed until she lost consciousness in Bom's arms.

 

Seunghyun has been trying to reach her but she wouldn't answer, when the call was finally connected, it wasn't Dara's voice on the other line. It was Bom, a very angry Bom. She had an idea of what happened from all the mutterings from Dara, so saying she wanted to castrate the man on the other line was an understatement. Seunghyun begged to talk to Dara but was only berated with Bom's machine gun mouth.

"She trusted you. How could you do that to her? Do you know what she's been through? I thought you were the man she could trust with the knife, but I guess she picked the wrong one to give ammunition to hurt her. You didn't just stab her, you broke her." Bom was crying on the other line, then Seunghyun heard something out of place in the background, something that wouldn't be heard in an apartment.

"Where are you? I am outside your apartment. Please let me talk to Dara. Please let me explain." A gnawing feeling in his chest tells him she's not home but he was praying to everything that is holy that his gut is wrong.