And When Your Fear Subsides

November Rain

It has been three months since they decided to be boyfriend-girlfriend and it's surprisingly better than what Dara initially imagined. She has been hesitant about getting into relationships because personal experiences did nothing to alleviate her fears. All her life she only know of one thing; love fades and the once beautiful memories just creeps up and bites her on the .

She came from a broken family; her father cheated on her mom and her mom cheated on her dad. She was passed around like a ball between two parents until she became old enough to live on her own. She lost contact with her dad right after moving out while she only sees her mother once a year, at best. She didn't hate her parents but she also didn't feel any attachment to them. They are a family in paper but in reality, they are just strangers in the same family registry. Her parents didn't divorce, her grandparents didn't allow it but they were better off as strangers than as a family.

She was scheduled to meet with Seunghyun and his friends later that evening so she boarded the bus to Seoul a day earlier than scheduled. Most of the time it will be Seunghyun who will drive down to meet her but since he sulked about her not exerting effort for their relationship, she volunteered to visit him during the weekend. It was no big deal, she's already met the few friends that Seunghyun had. Most of them were friends he had growing up while others were friends from University.

Jiyong was his best friend; heir to a business she failed to remember but has a penchant for designing weird clothes. Youngbae is one of Seunghyun's childhood friends, he was easy to get along with and is really sensible. He, like Seunghyun and Jiyong, is set to inherit the family business in the future. Seunghyun's college friends are Seungri and Daesung, both second sons to some business conglomerate. One would think that given their pedigree, the boys would be arrogant and wild but  they are surprisingly good natured and have a better grasp of the world. When they first heard of news that Seunghyun was gay, they were the first to defend him and helped his mom to uncover the truth. She liked his friends since she feels like they are warm and fun.

She knows that they get into trouble with some girls but they are normal guys and they are single, as long as they don't lure Seunghyun into that lifestyle, she doesn't have a problem with it. She shrugs off any unwanted thoughts as she nears her stop, she doesn't want to feed her insecurities. When she agreed to this setting with Seunghyun, she resigned herself to giving her full trust to her partner. She doesn't want additional baggage to come with their long distance relationship. Through the months that they have dated, Seunghyun has done nothing but break down her barriers and earn her trust. She felt that it was unfair for her to doubt him just because of stray thoughts and prejudice.

She's staying in the city for a week because of work so Seunghyun is elated at the thought of them being in the same city, she laughed at his childishness but she also found herself happy at the prospect. At first Seunghyun insisted that she stays in his place but after much discussion and whining on Seunghyun's side, she decided to stay at her friend's apartment.

She dropped her things at her temporary dwelling and set out to meet her boyfriend and the other boys. As usual, it was just them hanging out in Jiyong's house. They prefer staying here over some bar because they get more privacy and they can get wasted without having the media parading it the following day. Besides, Jiyong's place is much more well equipped than those clubs.

The night was getting late so she bade her farewells to the boys. Seunghyun insisted on taking her home so they left together. Seunghyun was in an extraordinarily good mood; he's been chatting with his friends and laughing all night all while not leaving her side. His good mood was infectious as she finds herself giggling even at the lamest jokes thrown by Seungri. On the way to her apartment, Seunghyun said that he has to give something to her but he left in his house, so they made a side trip to his house first.

Upon entering the house, Seunghyun got a little too close for comfort and started getting grabby. Dara tried to put some distance between them but it only urged Seunghyun to be more aggressive.

"Hey, I thought you had something to give me. Don't tell me this is what you had in mind?" Dara said, trying to change the mood.

"I do have something to give you, but I just can't help it. Come on baby, don't you want this too?" Seunghyun whispered, still trying to capture Dara's mouth in his.

"I do want this, but not now..." Seunghyun stopped her there and engaged their mouths in a passionate kiss. Dara pushed him away, eyes half hooded with lust. "At least let me rest first, ok? You didn't even give me a chance to sit on the couch." Dara said jokingly, she has to lighten up the mood or else Seunghyun is going to eat her whole.

"I'm sorry, Babe. Just get settled down first, I'll bring my gift for you." Seunghyun blushes as he hurries off to one of the rooms.

After a moment, Seunghyun comes back with something in his hands. He hands it over to Dara,hope fills his eyes. As Dara opened it, she saw a book, "Thank you for being my Big O. I never knew I was a Missing Piece until I met you. Now I am on my way to becoming whole because you came into my life. I love you." Seunghyun professed looking at Dara. Dara couldn't hold back her tears as she read the book. She felt the love that Seunghyun has for her and she couldn't be happier. The fear in her soul seemed to have faded as she kissed her man on the lips.

---------------------

It couldn't have been more perfect. Seunghyun was gentle and sweet yet aggressive and strong. He insisted that she stay the night but she told her friend that she will be home. Seunghyun begrudgingly drives her to the apartment and gave her a good night kiss with promises to meet tomorrow.

As Dara enters the apartment, a loud shriek was heard. She thought she would die of a heartattack but she realized it was just her friend Bommie being all spazzy. She admitted on spying on them from the window and couldn't contain her happiness for her best friend.

So they sat on the bed while Dara was forced to divulge every single juicy detail, even the one that transpired just this evening. Bom has a knack for prying into things that are never really be any of her business, if she wasn't a professor she would have a bright future in journalism. After she finished flailing and teasing Dara, Bom turned serious and faced her friend "I am so happy you found the man, the one whom you termed as 'the one whom you will gladly give the knife to stab your heart ' because you know he won't use it to hurt you" Bom knows Dara's trust issues especially about relationships. Dara's been into relationships before but none of the went as far as for her to call herself "in love" with the other person. She shielded her  heart from any potential heart breaks, and now she's willing to gamble her sense of security because she met Seunghyun.

"Bom, thanks for being supportive. I was really scared when I first realized that I love him, more than I care to admit to myself. But right now, it just feels right. I don't believe he will hurt me. Is it alright for me to trust him this much?" Dara said, with tears rolling down her cheeks. Her best friend just hugged her and said "Do what you feel is right. You've known suffering and doubt all your life, you of all people could see what happiness and trust is. Don't worry, I will always be here."

 

A/N: Sorry for the non- I just didn't feel like writing . LOL Just a few chapter left, this is by far the longest fic I've wirtten. Pardon the length...

Oh yeah, this is the book that I used as reference. Read it, it's really good. :) The Missing Piece Meets the Big O