The Anniversary

Break Down

You heard your husband calling your name and you ran down the stairs to tackle him into a hug. He caught you and lifted you off of the ground and spinning you around. When he let you down he held you close and placed his hands on your waist while he rested his forehead on yours. He stole little kisses from you while pulling your body so close that there wasn’t any space between you two. You giggled as he continued to plant small pecks all over your face. With your hands on his chest, you gently pushed him away so that you could actually talk.

“Morning Jagi. Did you miss me while I was gone?” He asked while he held on to your hands in attempts to pull you closer again.

“Of course. How was the press conference?”

“It was good. Tiring. I’m just glad that I made it home on time…I was afraid we were going to have to stay in Busan for another day….Do you have work today?”

You shook your head. “No. Your mother gave me the whole day off since it’s our special day. She said that I could have tomorrow off too IF you come in to visit her. She misses her little boy.” He squeezed your hand a little as you .

“Okay. We can go together to see Umma and then I can keep you to myself for two whole days.”

“And what are we gonna do for tonight. It is a very special night after all.”

“But isn’t every night a special night? I mean you get to wake up to me every morning.”

You playfully hit his arm. “Yah Hyukjae! I’m serious. I haven’t seen you in over a week and it’s our anniversary.”

“I was only kidding Mina. Of course I have something planned for tonight. It’s a surprise.” He tried to give you another kiss but you placed your hand over his mouth.

“Okay. Now go upstairs and get ready. Your mother is waiting for you.”

He went upstairs wearing a pout and got ready within 30 minutes. You both took the bus to the bakery and held hands for the entire journey. As you both were walking to the bakery, you noticed some girls following you and Hyukjae. You tugged on his hand and he got the message and turned around to face the girls. They looked like college girls who were at least 3 years younger than you. They were tall, skinny, and quite attractive. As soon as Hyukjae saw the girls giggling he knew right away that they were fans. He suddenly changed from your goofy husband to the man that millions of people saw on stage. He greeted them and they squealed in high pitch voice, which you were guessing was their attempt at aegyo. He didn’t pay much attention to them and just signed the paper that they gave to him and took a picture with them. As you were walking away you could faintly hear the girls talking to each other.

“Oh my gosh! Did you see how Eunhyuk was looking at us! I bet he wishes that his wife were as pretty as us.”

Hearing that brought your entire mood down. You already had a low self esteem and though that your husband was too good for you, and hearing comments like that did not help at all. Hyukjae noticed that your mood had changed and stopped you from walking any further.

“Hey, did what those girls say upset you?” You kept quiet. “Ignore them Mina. You’re my wife and I love you no matter what. They could be super models, but the most beautiful girl in the world will always be my jagi. Araso?” You nodded and he kissed your cheek.

You continued to walk and you still couldn’t believe that Hyukjae was really yours. To those other fans he was just Eunhyuk, a y performer who belonged to the famous group, Super Junior. But when he was with you he dropped his stage name and just became Hyukjae. The loving, caring, sensitive man who always tried his best to protect you in every way possible. He was aware of your low self esteem and the pressure you put on yourself to be the ideal wife, and for that he reminded you every day that he loved you for who you were and that he would never leave you.

You both had finally reached the bakery and Ms. Lee welcomed both of you in with a warm hug. Out of nowhere she pushed you and Hyukjae together and then announced to the entire bakery that it was your second anniversary. Both of you felt like you were put on the spot and stood there embarrassed while everyone in the bakery clapped. Wanting to get out of the awkward situation, you both went into the back all the way to the office where another surprise was waiting for you and your husband. As soon as the door was open, Ryeowook, Sungmin, Leeteuk, and Donghae all jumped out and congratulated you. Hyukjae just laughed while you were still in shock. They pulled you into a group hug and once they let go they fangirled about the fact that you had been married for 2 whole years. You laughed and joked with them and after about an hour, your husband tugged on your hand, indicating that you needed to get going. You said your goodbye to everyone in Tous Les Jours and made sure to hug your mother-in-law on the way out. After you both left the bakery, Hyukjae told you to go home and get ready while he ran some errands. You did as you were told and went home to get dressed.

You changed into a simple, knee length, white sleeveless dress. You did a five tail braid with your hair and placed it to one side and curled the runaway strands so that it framed your face nicely. You finished off your simple look with a cream coloured cardigan and white heels. When you were pleased with yourself, you sat down in your living room, reading a book while you waited for your husband to come home.  When you heard the door open you walked to the front and found Hyukjae leaning on the door frame with a grin on his face. He simply smiled at you and pulled out the flowers that he was holding behind his back. You thanked him by wrapping your arms around his neck and placing a small kiss on his lips. You then took the flowers from him and placed them in a vase. Once that was done you walked back to him and he led you to the car. You held hands as he drove and for the entire car ride he refused to tell you where you were going. Finally you reached a small restaurant that was a few miles out of the heart of Seoul. You gasped as you remembered that this was the location of your first date.

“Surprise Jagi…I thought we could recreate the best date of my life.” And that he did. Somehow he was able to arrange everything so that it was exactly like that night. You sat at the same table, they played the exact same songs, you ordered the same things, even the lighting and decorations seemed like they were exactly like that night. After you and your husband had finished your meal he led you back to the car and drove home. Once inside, Hyukjae ran inside and plugged his iPod into the speakers. You heard your favorite song play as he held out his hand and asked you to dance. Somewhere along the way, you both got lost in the moment and just ended up standing there as he held you and let yourself sink into a trance. He noticed your eyes beginning to shut and so he turned off the music and picked you up. He carried you bridal style up the stair and carefully placed on you bad and got on himself, cuddling next to you as you both drifted off into a deep sleep.