fourteen ★ going crazy

My Angel Boy

Previously on My Angel Boy...
Luhan tells Minyoung a story of an angel who fell in love with a human but left her in order to become an archangel (higher rank). Luhan learns that Minyoung’s mother died when she was younger and he gives her a rather awkward back hug and Minyoung manages to ruin the moment.

 

My office was amok – I had paperwork piling up in mountains the size of Everest, my good-for-nothing assistant Tao was nowhere to be seen and my phone hasn't stopped ringing the moment I stepped into my office this morning. It was rather busy since the project with the Zhangs had finally launched off in full force.

 

For the past week, Yixing has basically been breathing down my neck since he was handling the project with me instead of his parents. I’m sure you can guess who arranged for that to happen. My father gave Yixing an office right next to mine much to my dismay and decided that it was only right to host a celebratory party for the new merge with the Zhangs.

 

I dare say Yixing and I have gotten closer over the past few weeks since the first meeting. We'd have meetings together, eat lunch together since our schedules were pretty much the same and I'd drive him home.When I checked the clock on my phone, it was already 7:34pm. I sighed to myself as the thought that I was going to have to continue the rest of the paperwork at home since Yixing's been waiting for me for over an hour already. I snapped my head up when I heard a loud knock on my door.

 

"Come in," I said absentmindedly, expecting Yixing to be on the opposite side.

 

I was greeted by Secretary Kim who opened the door for my father. With long stride, he walked up right in front of my desk and naturally, I stood up to greet him.

 

“Is there something you want?” I asked with a subtle hint of annoyance.

 

My father gave my office a quick lookover before glancing at me and cleared his throat.

 

“Busy week, huh?” He questioned as he ran his finger across the top of a certain picture frame; it was one of my mother's photographs.

 

As if he didn’t already know; he was one who’s been piling the work on me expecting it to be done by the end of the week. If I didn’t know better, that was his way of punishing me for my rude behaviour at the initial meetings with the Zhangs. I haven’t seen Yixing’s parents since then and I was glad that I haven’t run into them since. Yixing mentioned that they were staying at his place for the next few weeks as they settle everything for the new merging project.

 

I nodded as I mentally groaned, wishing he could just get to the point and leave already.

 

“Did you need anything?”

 

“Your grandmother called me this morning,” He announced, nonchalantly as he grabbed a pile of paperwork from my desk and flipped through the document before placing it back onto the table messily.

 

"So?" I snapped, irked at the fact that he had messed up the paperwork and the organisation of my desk.

 

“She wants you to visit her this weekend.” I couldn't read the expression on his face.

 

“I can’t. I’m busy and you know that.” I held back from rolling my eyes in front of him.

 

“She’s not taking no for an answer.”

 

“If you want me to concentrate on the project, you tell her that I can’t make it.” I replied, my eyes boring into his head.

 

“Go visit her for the weekend,” His voice was firm and demanding. “I’ll extend the deadline till the end of next week. Just go and visit your grandmother. She misses you.” His eyes were no longer staring into mine but looking out the window right behind me. He makes it sounds like I owe him this favour.

 

“Fine.” I sighed in defeat, not want to initiate another fight with my father.

 

“By the way, there’s someone looking for you. They’re waiting outside. He said his name is Loohun.”

 

Before I could even register what he just said, I absentmindedly corrected him.

 

“It's not Loohun, it’s Luhan.” It was like fire alarms went off in my brain.

 

“Ahh, yes. That’s right. Handsome looking fellow with the odd hair.” My father commented with a chuckle.

 

Ah, shoot.

 

My jaw slackened when realisation finally started to sink. I had trouble forming coherent sentences and I had no control over my feet when I rushed past my father, totally ignoring him and swung the door to my office wide open. Weaving my way through the desks of the other company workers, I managed to find Luhan surrounded by a bunch of the company workers. I could hear Luhan saying my name and the other asking questions about me.

 

Jesus Christ, he was wearing his pajamas.

 

"Luhan, what the fu-" I had to refrain myself from swearing when I realised that we weren't alone and there were a bunch of other employees staring at me as if grew another head. I cleared my throat before plastering a fake smile.

 

"Luhan, what are you doing here?" I asked, chuckling nervously. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

 

"Ah, you forgot to make me lunch so I was wondering if we could have lunch at the pizza parlour." He grinned at me.

 

"You could have made yourself a sandwich!" I hissed through my smile.

 

Before Luhan could reply, a bunch of security guards came through with Secretary Kim leading the way.

 

"There he is! The trespasser!" She yelled pointing at Luhan. Like a deer in headlights, he pointed to himself in confusion before putting his hands up in the air. The guards ran over to Luhan grabbing him hold of him. brought my fingers to my head, rubbing my temples.

 

"Let go of him. It's fine. He's a..." It was silent to the point you could probably hear a pin drop. Everyone was all ears, waiting to hear what I was going to say.

 

"I'm her boyfriend!"

 

Yet again Luhan has managed to ruin my life.

 

"No, no, no!" Everyone already managed to react and began whispering to each other. Are they seriously going to act as if I wasn't right in front of them?

 

"He's not my boyfriend! We're just friends!" I yelled back as if I was begging them to believe me and not make this into some big misunderstanding.

 

At this point, I was beyond caring about my image and I walked over to Luhan and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling from the security guards' grip. I managed to drag Luhan's into my office away .all of the employees and slammed the door shut with a loud thud.

 

"Seriously, how did you even find my office?!" I shrieked at him, pulling him down to my eye level by the collar of his shirt.

 

“I used-” Before Luhan could even finish, I cut him off.

 

“You know what? Don’t answer that.” My voice softened when I realised that we weren’t exactly alone.

 

“Oh, don’t mind me. Carry on.” My father said when we both turned to look at him, sitting in my chair. It finally dawned on me that our faces were merely inches away from each other and I gave Luhan a quick shove in surprise.

I could sense the amusement in my father’s voice.

 

“New boyfriend?” He questioned, eyeing Luhan up and down. My father stood up from my seat and walked over to Luhan.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I replied monotonously when he passed me.

 

“I’m Minyoung’s father. Nice to meet you, Luhan.” I found it slightly scary that my father was smiling brightly at Luhan as they shook hands.

 

“Hello sir, it’s great to finally meet you. I’m sorry for the disturbance I caused earlier.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Luhan wasn’t like his normal self. This was weird.

“It’s fine, son. The girls tend to get a little excited when they see a good looking fellow in the building.”

Luhan let out a nervous laugh as he scratched the back of his head.

 

What the heck is going on? Why is my father and Luhan act all buddy-buddy with each other?

 

Am I missing something?

 

For the next few minutes, I stood there frozen surprised, irritated but most of all very, very, very confused. I couldn’t even say anything as my father and Luhan exchanged small talk until Secretary Kim had to interrupt their little conversation, reminding my father that he still had another appointment.

 

My father shook Luhan’s hand again before leaving my office. He didn’t even say anything to me besides, “Your grandma is making your favourite: garlic fried chicken.”

 

You can tell how much my father really knows about me.

 

I’m allergic to chicken.



 

"Can't I come with you?" Luhan pestered, playing with the end of my sleeve. I tugged my shirt away from him, moving around my bed to grab some of my clothes from my closet. I was busy trying to pack for my weekend stay at my grandmother's. Thanks to my father, I have to travel for three hours into the goddamn coastline.

 

"No." I replied bluntly with a little roll of my eyes when I glanced his way. I couldn't barely move with him looming over my shoulder like a ghost.

 

"Please?" Luhan asked, leaning on my shoulder with his chin as I rolled my clothes and neatly placing them into my duffel bag. I was mentally crossing off all the things I needed for the weekend.

 

"Nope, you're staying with Tao." I told him.

 

Tao agreed to letting Luhan stay at his apartment for the weekend since my father practically lured me into visiting my grandmother. That's probably one of the good points about Tao - he's like the little brother I never had. He's always willing to help me out even if he is hesitant at first but that doesn't override the fact that he's a brat. Tao's that annoying little brother you can't help but love because on the inside he actually does care about you.

 

"Aren't you afraid I'll do something?" Luhan wondered with a mischievious smile playing on the corner of his lips.

 

"Should I be afraid?" I asked in a monotone voice as I slowly blinked my eyes at him in disbelief.

 

"It's better to be safe than sorry and that's why you should let me come with you." Luhan grinned as he got up on the bed and began jumping on the mattress.

 

"You're going to break the mattress. Stop jumping!" I groaned as I zipped my bag close.

 

"Only if you let me come!" He laughed as he continued to bounce on my bed. I reached over my bed and trying to grab one of his legs but he dodged my hand by moving further away from me. I groaned once more as I crawled onto the bed, attempting to stop him from jumping and breaking my bed.

 

"Luhan, stop jumping!" I cried in annoyance.

 

"You're starting to forget one of your rules." He shook his finger at me with a hint of a smirk in his voice. "'Rule number three: never leave the house without me.' Technically, if I stay with Tao, you need to be with me. Also as your guardian angel, I must always stay by your side." He said, reciting what I had said earlier.

 

"N-no, that doesn't apply in this situation!" I defended. I could see Luhan was fighting the urge to break into a great big smirk. There was this weird sparkle in his eye that could only mean something bad was going to happen. I opened my mouth to argue my point only to be interrupted by the sound of the telephone ringing. I let out sigh as I walked out of my room and into the living room to pick up the phone.

 

"Youngie-ah!" There was only one person on this planet that addressed me with nickname.

 

"Halmeoni, why are you calling?" I asked, kinda surprised that she got my number.

 

"I just wanted to hear your voice. I haven't seen you for so long! I'm making all of your favourite dishes." She replied.

 

"You don't need to. You'll only make yourself even more tired." I reprimanded with a soft voice.

 

"Don't be silly, child. I want to my favourite grandchild's favourite food." She scolded me lightly with a laugh.

 

"I'm your only grandchild," I sighed.

 

"I heard you have a special friend." I remained frozen on the spot for a few moments because my father couldn't have possibly told her already. They weren't exactly on the most friendliest terms to the point that they could gossip about me. Something was really wrong. "You should bring him along. I get really lonely sometimes. The more company, the merrier!” My grandmother exclaimed happily.

 

I could hear footsteps coming from behind me and when I turned around I found Luhan standing in the hallway, scratching the back of his head with a small smile. I knew he was listening on the conversation the whole time.

 

“You did this, didn’t you?!” I half yelled, half whispered at him, if that was even possible. I held the phone away from me and I could faintly hear my grandmother going on about other things.

 

“Me?” He asked as he held his hands up in the air in surrender mode. “No way...” He grinned. “Maybe...” He squeaked with a rise of his eyebrows before running into his room, slamming the door behind him. I scoffed in disbelief. I can’t believe this. Luhan is making my life even worse.

 

I told my grandmother that I would see her tomorrow and warned her not to go overboard with the food and ended the call.

 

“Luhan, get your back here!” I called out, banging on the door. I tried pressing my ear against the door but I couldn’t hear anything. Letting out a sigh, I let my head lean against the cold wooden door.

 

No answer.

 

I tried opening the door but he locked it from the inside.

 

“You did that weird voodoo on my father, didn’t you?!” I yelled through the door as I banged my fist against the door.

 

“It’s not voodoo!” Luhan yelled back.

 

“Voodoo or not! You did something to them just like what you did to Mrs. Jung when you first arrived.”

 

“I only did it so you didn’t get into trouble.” Luhan replied.

 

“To be completely honest ever since you entered my life, trouble is the only thing that I’ve encountered.” I started off loudly so he could hear me but my voice softened. “You’re my guardian angel, right? You’re supposed to be guiding me along the right path and protecting me...” I said, closing my eyes.

 

But you’ve only been a pain in the ever since you got here.

 

I didn’t say the rest out loud because even as much as I hate having Luhan around, I didn’t exactly want to hurt his feelings.

 

“I’m sorry Minyoung.” Luhan’s voice was low and soft. I wasn’t exactly sure if he wanted me to hear that but I heard him anyways.

"Look, you can come. It's probably better instead of leaving you with Tao."

 

From the other side, I could hear Luhan cheering and carrying on but he didn't even unlock the door.

 

“If you don’t open the door, I swear I’m never buying you milk tea ever again.” I said in my attempts to get him to open the door.

 

I didn’t expect him to react so quickly because he swung the door open and I stumbled forward into the room since I still had my forehead leaning against the door.

 

I swear I should have hit the ground but I realised that Luhan was holding onto me. Our faces were literally centimetres apart and I could feel my cheeks turning red. In shock, I shoved Luhan roughly in the shoulder, regaining my position and standing up straight again. Luhan only stared at me with a worried expression on his face.

 

“Good night.” I muttered quickly, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

 

When I walked into my room, I locked the door behind me and leaned against the wall. My hands flew up to my face and I could feel my face warming up. I slapped my face a couple of times before running into the bathroom to splash my face with icy water. Grabbing a towel from the rack, I wiped my face off before letting out a loud gasp.

 

My heart was beating so fast, it almost felt like my heart going to leap out of my chest.

 

“No, no, no, no...” I chanted to myself when I walked out of the bathroom and lied down on my bed.

 

I couldn’t be feeling... It’s Luhan... That’s not possible...

 

“No, Minyoung. You’re just going crazy.” I said to myself. I chuckled to myself at the thought.

 

Needless to say, I didn’t sleep that night.

 

I just kept chanting the same thing to myself over and over again.

 

‘You’re just going crazy.’

 

 


wordcount: 2.8k words

a/n: i haven't updated for more than a month so i guess a recap is needed! i'll probably remove it after a couple of days... my writing has kinda gone rusty after not writing anything for month so please excuse my atrocious writing.