Our First Date (Lee Chaerin's POV)

It Started With A Rose

Lee Chaerin's POV

I sat there in a trance. It was if my mind was in a world of its’ own with me at a loss over who I really liked, who I should return to. Time seemed to tick on by but I was still kneeling on the floor, deep in thought, full of emotion and in pain. When I felt the rays of the sun beginning to descend upon me I decided that maybe it was time to return to the real world. Although not fully conscious, I slowly walked towards the exit of the school to the destination of home. I couldn’t keep my promise of returning back to Choi Seunghyun oppa, neither could I manage to chase after Lee Seunghyun.

When I got home, I immediately plopped straight down onto the bed and shut my eyes in the attempt to forget everything that had happened today. At least there was no school tomorrow I thought to myself, I didn’t want to see either of the Seunghyuns’s not yet.

After a long night of tossing and turning, I woke up to the sound of the door bell ringing. Wondering who it was I frantically ran down the stairs, after hastily getting dressed, and turned the knob on the door.

“Annyeong” a voice cheerily shouted. My heart began to beat rapidly and my palms even began to sweat, it was Choi Seunghyun oppa.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in a puzzled manner while avoiding eye contact.

“What happened yesterday? I waited for you and you didn’t come back!” he asked angrily but also cutely pouted afterwards.

“I..I… uh” I muttered. Before I could even get the rest of the words out I felt a pair of soft and warm hands clutched onto mines, pulling me outside the door.

“Let’s go!” he exclaimed happily. I smiled and willingly accepted his invitation, at least at this moment, forgetting my previous woes and concerns.

“Go where?” I asked.

“On our first date!” he shouted while pulling me towards the parked bike on the curb of the street.

We rode across the neighborhood and eventually made our way to the movie theater. After buying our tickets and an extra large bowl of popcorn we sat in our seats and waited for the movie to begin.

“Here I want you to have this, consider it a late Valentine’s Day gift, it will never wilt I promise.” he exclaimed.

It was a necklace with a rose pendant. He hastily put it around my neck and I accepted without hesitation. His eyes then directly met mines. I couldn’t help but look away however; I couldn’t bear to look him in the eyes. He gently turned my face around with those warm hands of his and forced me to gaze upon his eyes. Before I knew it his lips began to move closer to mines and within the moment I felt my eyelids begin to shut. When our lips touched it was as if fireworks were exploding in the movie theater. It was my first kiss and it was with Choi Seunghyun oppa I couldn’t have been any happier.

When the movie was over we happily made our way towards the exit holding hands. I was in bliss and nothing could ruin it.

“Hurry we’re going to miss the movie!” someone yelled while frantically running towards us.

My hands began to tremble and my heart dropped as well upon glancing at the figure right before me.

All of the worries and concerns that had engulfed me yesterday were rushing in like a tsunami.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know it's been over 3 years since I last updated (wow does time fly by) but I really felt the urge to continue on with this story after having re-read it. Sorry to those that were waiting in vain.Hopefully I can make up for it by updating more in the future.