Eunmi the smartass

My Gangster Roommate

"Ah! Eotteohke!" Hana cried, gaining attention from the rest of the restaurant.

Eunmi's head snapped up and she stood up abruptly, excused herself and ran to Hana.

"What happened?" Eunmi, Seunggi and Min Ah chorused.

"The cash register spoilt!" Hana whined, pressing desperately at the stupid machine. "The orders were all computerised and no manual notes were taken down, and even so, how are we going to count for this customer's bill? He brought all his friends and family and they took up 3 tables altogether. How many sums must we do!"

Seunggi turned pale. "Omona. Never trust technology.."

"Yeobo!" Min Ah slapped Seunggi's arm. "I told you this is what happens when you computerise all our orders! Now we don't even have the records of what the customer ordered!"

"Let me help." Eunmi spoke up. "I was the one who took their orders. I remember."

All three of them stared at her with their mouths agape, and directed their gaze to the three mountains of plates from the three tables.

"You remembered what they ordered?" Seunggi asked, not believing.

"Yeah." Eunmi shrugged and grabbed a paper. "They ordered 7 set A lunches, 5 set B lunches, 5 plates of kimchi, 12 servings of dobokki, 21 bowls of rice, 4 seafood soup, 7 ox bone soup, 2 kimchi fried rice, a set of premium korean beef stir fried and 25 servings of green tea ice cream." she listed.

The other three's eyes wdened at every dish Eunmi named.

"So in total.." Eunmi closed her eyes deep in thought for around 5 seconds. "It is 782 thousand won."

"You sure?" Seunggi breathed.

"Positive." Eunmi nodded.

"Hana, go give the bill to the customer." Seunggi directed and shifted his admiring gaze back at Eunmi. "You... you.. I would seriously believe you if you told me that your IQ was even higher than Einstein." he said very seriously.

"Haha that's funny!" Eunmi laughed.

"Me too." Min Ah whispered, her face not hinting a smile.

"You're joking right?" Eunmi stopped laughinig.

"Joking?" Min Ah asked. "Do you think we look like we are joking? Omona Eunmi ah your intelligence has seriously outpassed all the people! What are you doing working in our restaurant! You should be a professor at the university or something!"

"Professor? University?" Eunmi clutched her tummy and laughed. "I won't be someone like that! I'm contented with my job now, so just let me enjoy it okay? Oh table six needs refill of soup!"

Eunmi dashed off to the kitchen to grab new bowls of soup.

Jaejoong, who had been standing in the corner, witnessing the whole scene when he walked back from his toilet trip, had his mouth hanging limply from his jaw, his face of utter shock.

*How is it that she is able to remember all their orders and calculate the total bill so fast! Its incredible!*

Just then, Seunggi hyung spotted Jaejoong in the corner.

"Yah Jaejoong! Come here!" he waved him over.

"You know! Just now Eunmi, when the cash register spoilt, she-"

"Yeah I know, I saw everything hyung!" Jaejoong said, his eyes shining.

"Really? Omo. Seriously Jaejoong! Your girlfriend is of genius standard!" Seunggi declared, patting Jaejoong's back.

"Yeah I totally didn't expect it! How could she- wait. YAH HYUNG! She's not my girlfriend!" Jaejoong sputtered anxiously.

"Yeah right. And you even paid attention to a girl enough to help her find a job." Seunggi smirked.

"It isn't that!" Jaejoong yelped. "Anyway Key is the one who likes her!"

Seunggi's face turned into a state of shock. (His muscles will seriously be too tired from these constant shock expression he is having..)

"Mwo?" Seunggi screamed. "Key?"

Jaejoong covered his hyung's mouth. "Yah! You're loud!"

Seunggi nodded. "Opps sorry. But what? Key? Key likes Eunmi?"

Jaejoong nodded. "Yeah he just told us so."

"And you let him take her away?" Seunggi asked, astonished.

"Yeah naturally." Jaejoong shrugged. "But honestly, she's a bad choice for him."

"What are you talking about!" Seunggi gasped. "Besides Min Ah, have you seen a prettier woman? And aren't you going to do anything to keep your woman?"

"FOR THE LAST TIME HYUNG!" Jaejoong screamed. "She's not my woman!"

Seunggi nodded but his face showed doubt. "Then if she ends up with Key you'll feel okay?"

Jaejoong thought of Key holding Eunmi's hands just not and looking at her with those love-struck eyes of his.

OUCH..

"Honestly hyung?" Jaejoong whispered. "I don't think I'll feel that good."

Seunggi's face brightened up.

"Since she isn't such a good catch." Jaejoong continued.

Seunggi clutched his own hands to prevent his fist from flying directly to Jaejoong's face.