o2

New Life

It's January 7 and it was back to school for Jinhee. She spent the weekend with Kai and Chanyeol, her ultimate bias. She found out that Kai was a bossy guy and Chanyeol or Yeol was a major creeper. When Kai would get all serious and everything, Chanyeol or Yeol-courtersy of Jinhee- would suddenly crap up and laugh his eye twitch laugh which causes Jinhee to join along. All in all, her weekend wasn't a normal one. Why would it be normal when she spent it with 2 idols?

"Hee Ra, you will not believe what happened to me this weekend." Jinhee said obviously not giving a damn about the health forum that was going on.

"What? Chanyeol finally decided to show up and ask you out?" Hee Ra said teasingly but Jinhee looked serious.

"I told you my mom remarried right? To a Kim?" she asked Hee Ra and she nodded.

"I thought he was just a normal person. But when I met my step brother that weekend... everything changed Hee Ra." Jinhee said as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Why? Who's your step bro? Is he an Oppa? Is he younger than you? Why are you so stressed?" Hee Ra bombarded Jinhee with questions and she ignored some of it and decided to answer her best friend's question.

"Kim Jongin." Jinhee said and Hee Ra covered . Hee Ra thought that was impossible though she knew that his dad is annuled but she never heard about this. Jinhee cannot be talking about the same person.

"Jinhee. I want hardcore proof." Hee Ra demanded and Jinhee shrugged and pretended to listen to the lecture that the speaker was giving.

After the 2 hour death  health forum, they started with the intramurals. Jinhee's sport is table tennis and she's been wanting to play that ever since she entered high school but every time she signs up, it's always full so this year it's her time to shine. She at least tried practiced the whole winter break for this moment and she has to win. Hee Ra on the other hand, is in tug of war. Simple. She doesn't want to play chess anymore because she says that it bores her.

As Jinhee was playing doubles with her partner Lee Chan Rin. She has to do double body since her other team mate is still in Romania with her family. She wondered what the hell she was doing in Romania with her relatives when they could just stay here and enjoy each other's presence. She shook the thought off and concentrated on the game if she wanted to get into the semi-finals then finals and finally the championship. If she wins, she gets to bring pride to her class, to herself, to her team and to her family. Even Kai.

It's dismissal and Jinhee's team got to enter into the semi-finals. It was hard competing because her partner doesn't know how but she doesn't blame her. As long as they do their best everything's gonna be alright. That's her motto and it always works. She wiped her sweat and checked her phone just in case something happened while the games were going on. She saw Kai's text and she was surprised. Yes they exchanged numbers just in case of an emergency.

"Mom told me to pick you up. At the gate. Hurry up before people start to get suspicious."

She thought that he was being bossy and he really is just by reading his text. Oh well, it's time to prove Hee Ra that Kai is really her step brother. She waited for Hee Ra and grabbed her wrist and led her to the school gate where Kai was waiting. 

"Hee Ra, my brother. Brother, Hee Ra." she said and Kai lowered his sunglasses a little so that he could see who Jinhee was with. He guessed that this was her best friend.

"Believe me now?" Jinhee asked Hee Ra and she just nodded timidly and blushed a little bit and bowed. 

"Hurry up!! People are looking. My tan skin isn't helping." Kai whined and Jinhee growled inwardly and mumbled a goodbye to Hee Ra and went inside the car that Kai was driving and he took his glasses of. She looked tired but he just shrugged it off and silently drove back home.

Once they arrived home, they greeted their parents and Jinhee immediately went up stairs passed her room and into Kai's because he had a TV and she didn't. She didn't bother changing clothes so she just plopped down on his bed and turned the TV on and threw her shoes on the floor. Before she knew it, she fell asleep while hugging his pillow with the faint sound of the telly echoing throughout the room.

"Kai, call Jinhee. Dinner's ready." their mom said to him and he groaned inwardly. He slowly went upstairs and went in her room but she wasn't there. He checked the bathroom but she wasn't there. He scratched his head and headed for his room and he heard that his TV was on so he went inside and saw that Jinhee was asleep on his bed, hugging this pillow.

"Aish, this girl." he said and sighed. He didn't want to disturb her so he just placed the blanket on her and turned the TV off and closed the curtains. At least she should get some shut eye properly. He ruffled her hair and went to his door.

"This kid, really. You left a big impression on me." he said before he slowly closed the door and went back downstairs.

 

a/n: LOL brother and sister love. I'm too tired to check so please don't mind the mistakes xD

-love authornim