o1

New Life

"Sweetie, wake up. Come on." Jinhee's mom said and shaked her daughter awake, ignoring all the protests. Jinhee groaned and checked her phone. It was 8 am, January 3,2013. She looked at her mom in disbelief. Why would she wake up at 8 am when it's still clearly her christmas break. Her mom must have a reason for this.

"What is it mom?" she asked, her voice hoarse from her sleep.

"You're going to meet your step brother today. Please... behave." her mom said and went downstairs leaving a groaning Jinhee in bed. 

She got up and got her towel from her closet and lazily walked downstairs to eat her breakfast with her mom and dad and take a shower. After her morning routines and what not, she changed into something warm which is a blue sweater and jeans with black boots. She went downstairs and turned the TV on and Don't Say Goodbye by Davichi was on. Jinhee started humming when she suddenly asked her dad a question.

"Dad, what does my brother look like? Is he tall, small, fat, thin, fit, does he have abs? does he know how to-" her dad laughed at her and she pouted cutely at him.

"You'll see later. He'll be arriving in a few minutes. He just has to finish his errands." he said and at the mention of errands, Jinhee immediately thought that her brother might be a responsible person

She shrugged and went back to her room to read a book to kill time or something like that. Meanwhile downstairs her mom and dad looked at each other and smiled. They saw the EXO album on the coffee table and they thought that she would be delighted with what her brother will bring along with him... or who he is. Then they heard loud rapping from upstairs and they chuckled. They always knew that Jinhee like singing and rapping. 

"She's going to love him." her mother said and they both nodded.

"neomu oereowo..." she ended her rap from day and night by T-ara and smiled at herself and changed the song to two moons by EXO.

"OKAY! Time to practice Chanyeol's part!" she said and made a fist pump and started rapping but was interupted by the ringing of the doorbell. She shrugged and continued rapping Sehun's part with a matching lisp. But the continuous ringing of the doorbell was bothering her and she stopped to hear her mother greeting someone but it was so faint so she opened the door and went downstairs, seeing a figure who's back was facing hers.

"Mom? What's going on?" Jinhee asked and tilted her head as her mother and father smiled at her.

"Jinhee, meet your step brother, Kim Jongin!" her mother said and her eyes widened at the person who was standing in front of her. Her life couldn't get any more complicated. 

"Kai?!" she said and he turned around and smirked at her. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. All of this must be a joke and she thought she was dreaming. This... IDOL cannot be her step brother. 

"I knew she would like this!" her dad said and clasped his hands together. Kai saw her shocked, mortified and excited expression. He could tell that she doesn't know what to feel. 

"Jinhee!! My dongsaeng! We will get along great! I heard you rap and you sing." he said as he smirked and placed an arm around her in a "brotherly" way. Jinhee was so confused she didn't know what to do. She knew this was going to be one heck of a rollercoaster ride.

 

a/n: First chap! Sorry if it's boring... it's like late in the evening and everything. Comments are loved! 

-Love authornim