Weird day

Hanging On A Thread

6. Weird day

Knock, knock

Chanyeol’s eyes shot up when he heard knocks from his door, he messes up his hair for feeling so disturbed. It’s just 3 hours since he closed his eyes but something comes now to interrupt his rest time.

They got back from Kris’s home at about 2AM, although Kris keeps on insisting them to just stay at his house because driving in a sleepy state is dangerous, but they insisted back to just go home.

Chanyeol finally lifts his body up lazily and moves his limbs to his door, not bothering to look at the visitor’s face from the small screen next to door.

“I’m sorry but it’s still 6AM and you disturbed my sleep.” Chanyeol says straightly without opening his eyes and was going to close the door when he heard a soft guilty voice answering.

“Oh, I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to disturb you… I was just—“

“WHOA!” Chanyeol’s exclaim makes the voice owner jumps in surprise, and Chanyeol was surprised as well, so that he open up his eyes widely now.

“I- I’m sorry again, if…”

“No, no, who are you? What are you doing here in early morning, miss?” Chanyeol asks, still wondering.

“Ah, I’m Kim Haera, new neighbor… I was just dropping by to give you these cookies but I feel so bad for disturbing you, uhm—“ She pauses, waiting for Chanyeol to tell her his name.

Being so slow in processing things right after waking up, Chanyeol beams when she suddenly snaps her finger in front of his eyes.

“Oh? Oh, yes, I am Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you, Haera. Uhh… Want to drop by? I mean, take a look inside? Uhh… Visiting?” Chanyeol’s words were really a mess, he never felt any strange feelings like this every time he meets a girl after knowing Baekhyun. It makes him really confused, he merely scratches his neck.

Haera giggles, “Sure, if you don’t mind? I thought I disturbed your sleep?”

Chanyeol smiles, showing his perfect arrangement of teeth, “I am not sleepy anymore, it’s okay.” Chanyeol steps aside to let her in, meanwhile he pauses for a while to make his heartbeat normal again.

“Your house is really neat. Do you live alone or with your girl or parents?”

“I don’t have a girl,” He says, looking straight at Haera.

“Ow, sorry… Parents then?”

“Nope, I live separately with them since I turn 19.”

“So you live alone.”

“Yes.”

Haera scratches his cheek, “It seems like you’re still sleepy.”

“Uh? N-no, no, I’m okay.” Chanyeol answers groggily.

What the heck is happening to me? I’ve just confessed to Baekhyun last night but now I turn into a very stupid guy in front of a girl? What the heck kind of ual problem is attacking me??

“Chanyeol, seriously, are you okay? You look not well…”

“No, I am perfectly fine! Seriously. Uhh, post-sleeping syndrome maybe. I always look stupid and speak randomly when I’ve just got up.” Chanyeol once again shows his wide silly smile, making her giggles again.

“You are unique.”

“Uhh, thanks? Uhm,” Chanyeol tries to look at around his house to find any topic to talk, and stops on his kitchen bar. “Have you got your breakfast?”

“Nope, uhm, but I can have it my house, don’t worry. I will go—“

“No, no,” Chanyeol stops her before she could make a step, “I don’t mind making you a breakfast as well, we can have breakfast together.”

Haera smiles, “That’s a very kind of you.”

Chanyeol merely scratches his neck sheepishly again while trying to understand himself who is being really labile.

“Good morning~~” Yixing enters the café happily, his sweet dimple plastered cutely on his cheek, making the female customers squeal. Yixing briefly waves his hand to them before entering his kitchen to start working on his lovely desserts again.

Zitao merely snorts at Yixing’s bubbly act earlier, “What’s happened to him?”

Jongin who is cleaning the coffee cups merely shrugs before smiling at his work, “Perfectly clean.”

“And what’s happened to you, as well.” Zitao raises his eyebrows; everyone seems ‘weird’ today. Even the usual sarcastic Jongdae came with a very friendly smile and he praises everyone and also the weather. If Jongdae is acting weird (being sweet and polite is his weirdness), then things will be really weird today.

Jongin turns his head and gives Zitao a questioning look, “What do you mean? Nothing is happening to me, I am being me.”

“No,” Zitao says boldly, “If you are being you, then you must be sleeping right now until Junmyeon hyung wakes you up.”

All of a sudden, Junmyeon who was passing by, stops in front of them, “I heard my name mentioned, what is it?”

“No, hyung. It’s just everyone who acts weirdly today.” Zitao explains, really briefly.

Suho scrunches his forehead, “Really? I think I am not.”

“Maybe you and I are exceptions.” Zitao says before throwing down his fashion magazine, “Why do I feel bored of reading this magz?”

“You are weird as well, Huang Zitao.” Jongin says as he places his last cup on the bar. “Bored of reading fashion magz, you are extremely weird.”

Zitao frowns, realizing that Jongin’s words are absolutely right. “Oh, this weirdness is contagious, I see.”

Junmyeon and Jongin merely shrug.

“Oh, where is Sehun, Jongin? And also Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asks after realizing that the youngest isn’t there yet.

“Sehun is taking piano course, he said, so he will come either in the afternoon or evening.” Jongin explains before greeting the customer and doing his work.

Junmyeon scrunches his forehead again, “Piano course? Since when?”

“Since today.” Zitao says, “Kyungsoo hyung is trapped in a traffic jam again—“

“Hello, I’m sorry I’m late!” Kyungsoo says, still trying to manage his breathing.

“There he is.” Zitao and Junmyeon say altogether as the big-eyed guy bows at everyone.

Minseok merely stares at Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo gradually breathes normally again. Kyungsoo briefly greets Minseok, “Hello, hyung, uh… Sorry, I’m late.”

Minseok remains staring at Kyungsoo for another seconds, but then he answers with a wide smile, “Oh, Kyungsoo! You’re here already!”

“What??” Kyungsoo asks, feeling confused, “I’ve been standing here for some minutes to catch my breath and waiting for your answer. I thought you were looking at me?”

“Hmm? No, I was looking at the sky.” Minseok answers. “Now do your works or maybe you can help Yixing in the kitchen start from now.”

“What? Hyung, really? Really?? You’re finally giving me the position in the kitchen??” Kyungsoo says enthusiastically. He has wanted the position in the kitchen to make desserts since he entered the café but the owners and co-owner gave him the position behind the bar instead because of their lack of barista in the first place.

“Yup, I think we have too many baristas here now since we already have Chanyeol. So, congratulations, you got promoted!” Minseok says happily, meanwhile Kris and Junmyeon merely giving him a questioning and dumbfounded look from behind; Minseok had just done a thing that should have got an agreement from them first.

“Yeay! I love you so much, Minseok hyung! I will work hard!” Kyungsoo says, his enthusiasm increases word by word, he hugs Minseok before entering the kitchen happily like a rabbit.

Junmyeon and Kris’s eyes follow Kyungsoo’s movement until the kitchen doors are closed, then turning their head to Minseok and walk toward him. Zitao, Jongdae, and Jongin merely shake their head and continue their activity.

“Hey, Minseok.” Kris says as he stands towering in front of the day-dreaming Minseok.

“Yup?”

“You know what, you should talk with us first before giving our staff a promotion, hyung. We three are all owners. We decide things together, right?” Junmyeon says, propping himself on the sofa beside Minseok.

Minseok nods, “Yup.”

“Minseok, are you alright?” Kris asks in concern, seems like Minseok is not aware at all. Is he half-conscious?

“Never been so fine.” Minseok says dreamily. “You should just give Kyungsoo a position in the kitchen, he deserves it. And… I think it isn’t wrong?”

Junmyeon nods, “Yup, it isn’t wrong at all, but at least you should have talked about it first with us.”

Kris merely nods as well, still thinking that Minseok is half-conscious.

“Just let him.” Minseok says, and then smiles to nowhere.

“O-okay, we will let you have your time now.” Kris says, he briefly stands up and gestures Junmyeon to leave.

“Hello everyone!!” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoes to the entire room, making everyone turns their head to look at him, and gasp when they got a girl behind him.

Jongin whistles and talks to Zitao, “Wow, who is that? I thought he’s just confessed to Baekhyun hyung last night? He changes really fast.”

“I have told you that things are really weird today. And,” Zitao scrutinizes the girl who follows Chanyeol to the owners’ seat. “is he going to introduce her to the hyungs?”

“I think so…”

 

“Hey, hyungs!” Chanyeol greets the owners brightly, making them grunts.

“Park Chanyeol, we are having a— uhm, who is this?” Kris cancelled his annoyance when he saw the girl standing beside him. Junmyeon and Minseok who were planning to not bothering Chanyeol immediately turn their head.

The girl, who is Haera, smiles, “Hello, I am Kim Haera. Chanyeol told me about how fun working here and I asked him to bring me as well. Oh, I am his neighbor.”

“Awkay~~” Minseok says but still in confuse, he whispers to Junmyeon, “What about Baekhyun then?” Junmyeon merely shrugs.

Then the bell upside the door rings, Baekhyun and Luhan’s voice follow.

“Uh-oh.” Jongin speaks, signaling that thing is going to be really weird.

“Hey, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun calls.

“Whoops.” Zitao says, biting his lower lip.

“Oh, who… who is that?” Baekhyun says with shaky voice.

“No, no.” Jongin comments again, “One, two, three.”

“Park Chanyeol, I need to talk.”

“Boom.” Zitao ends their comments when Chanyeol starts following Baekhyun to the restroom.

Just kill me for giving you a short update after leaving this story for almost a month. Really.

I feel like I have so many inspirations to make new stories but I got writer’s block for this story!

Forgive me! I am such a slow updater. Punish me!!

Uh, EXO’s comeback is distracting me sooooo much too!!

CECI as well! You know what, I’m still crying everytime I look at Baekhyun’s photo in CECI because he looks so good and lovely there T___T

Everybody looks really perfect there! EXO are really distractions because of their perfection, aren’t they??

Well, okay, let’s do some guessing what will Baekhyun and Chanyeol do in the restroom B)

XOXO

~minxian~