NINTH

Too Different to Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”  He yelled as he points harshly at the most evil thing happened in their company.  Atty. Kim Taeyeon just shook his head as he observes his best friend go nuts in front of his grandfather and assistant.

 

 

 

Jessica smirked as she raised a brow. “Nice to see you too, Yuri” she slyly greeted him.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Jessica” The chairman apologized.  “Kwon Yuri where are your manners?!”  The old man glared at his grandson.

 

 

 

Yuri felt his chest tightens in anger “What do you mean Haraborji? That woman just stomped not only my foot but also my dignity yesterday!” He glared at the woman as he recalled what happened.

 

 

 

Jessica bit her tongue just to hold herself from laughing. ‘Sorry.. I’m not sorry. ‘She thought as she smiled at herself.

 

 

 

The small smile of the girl in glasses was caught by Yuri’s scrutinizing gaze and it made his blood boil even more “I knew I did something wrong haraborji, I know I need to change..  But I can do it on my own I don’t need an assistant from hell—“

 

 

 

Jessica cleared , making Yuri stop almost automatically.  “I’m sorry to burst you bubble Mr. Kwon but I’m not here to be your assistant.” She said calmly as she read just her glasses.

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked at the Jessica curiously with an amused smile in his face.

 

 

 

“and what do you mean by that?” Yuri knitted his brows together and looks at the woman suspiciously.

 

 

 

“Allow me Jessica” The old Kwon stepped forward. ”Well.. We all know why we are here—“The man stopped when his vision landed at the short guy on the side, “Taeyeon why are you here?”  The old man looked at him blankly..

 

 

 

Taeyeon look at the Chairman in wide eyes.. “Uhm..” He looks at Yuri for help but Yuri just returned his anxious look , the young lawyer stuttered like a kid caught stealing cookies “I.. Uhm.. I j-just want to greet you again.. We haven’t really catch up y-yesterday Chairman.. I—“

 

 

 

The old man sighed loudly to cut the lawyer “You should go now kid.”  He said in an exhausted tone.

 

 

 

“Y-yes I-I’ll be going now Sir. ‘ Taeyeon bowed in panic and  walked out in a flash.

 

 

 

“Taeng! WAIT!” Yuri called but the lawyer ignored it. He is not that desperate to end his own life with the Kwon drama.. He already has his own dad to do that for him. He closed the door and his lungs finally able to relax.

 

 

 

Inside.. “Grandpa!”

 

 

 

“Don’t grandpa me, Kwon Yuri. As I was saying.. You are here for probation young man” The old man crossed his arms against his chest.

 

 

 

“So what? You have her back here to stalk me again?!”

 

 

 

Jessica raised her brows, did the man called her stalker? “The nerve!” she whispered.

 

 

 

“No. “ the old man turned to Jessica “Ms. Jung, please give the papers to my grandson” The old man ordered.

 

 

 

Jessica hand a thick file of papers to the confused Yuri in the most indifferent expression that she can manage.

 

 

 

“What’s this?” Yuri looked at his grandfather

 

 

 

“That is your probation. In your hand was the initial background data of GSN. The largest, the most relevant global electronic brand in the western market today, in six month time they will open their doors for partnership with a local electronic players in Asia.”  The chairman sat on the nearby loveseat. “Do you know what this means?”

 

 

 

Yuri took a deep breath. “You want us to be the Asian partner—“

 

 

 

“No! I NEED our company to be the Asian partner. “The old man said firmly. “It’s a necessity.. we must get that deal”  

 

 

 

“Don’t worry grandpa.. I will calibrate all the department and form team for this.”

 

 

 

“Not enough!” The old Kwon threw his hands in the air.  

 

 

 

Yuri gave a confused look at the old man yet again.  “What do you want me to do?!”

 

 

 

“You will step down for the CEO post temporarily. For six months you will focus entirely on this project and make sure we will bag it.  Just so you know, IMtronix  and JunCore will also bidding for the Asian partnership, So you are off  with a  competition”

 

 

 

Yuri was about to oppose but seeing the old man’s serious face he changed his mind and sighed. “I understand”

 

 

 

“Well good. Because this is the largest deal for KIE yet, it’s our chance to break in the western market. Ms. Jung here will be your advisor for –“

 

 

 

That does it. “NO! I don’t need her!”  Yuri almost yelled.

 

 

 

“You need her to help you!” The chairman barked back.

 

 

 

“NO I don’t! What does she know about dealing with a western company?! It doesn’t make sense! And advisor? Seriously?” Yuri gave

 

 

 

“YES YOU DO! JESSICA WILL BE WORKING WITH YOU WITH THIS PROJECT PERIOD!”” The old man loud voice boomed that made Jessica jump a little, then the old man gasp and dramatically held his chest as if he is having a heart attack.

 

 

 

“Chairman!” Jessica called worriedly.

 

 

 

Yuri rolled his eyes but he still go to the old man’s side to catch him “Grandpa—“

 

 

 

“You need to work with her” The Chairman looks at his grandson straight in the eyes as he shoves his hands away from him.

 

 

 

Yuri decided not to talk back anymore, at this point there’s nothing he can do. His grandfather just wont listen.

 

 

 

The old man continues “Jessica can be a great asset in your team, you both can learn from each other as you both strive to reach one goal. There’s nothing more I want but to see both my grandson and my protégée cement the path for the next decades for this company. I want this project to be the legacy that I will leave before I die”

 

 

 

“Why are you always talking about dying?! It’s not fair!” Yuri said in frustration, he hates it when the old man uses the dying card on him.

 

 

 

Chairman shook his head, with a frown “That’s why you need to be a good boy! And do what your weak grandpa tells you to!”

 

 

 

Yuri gave a frustrated look at the old man. “Why can’t you just trust me? For once.. I’m not a kid anymore” his voice was bitter as if he is suppressing something inside him.

 

 

 

Jessica’s gaze darted at the younger Kwon.. Unexpectedly she felt a tinge of pity towards him.

 

 

 

The chairman heaved a deep sigh. “Exactly you’re no longer a kid, so display maturity!  Be the strong heir that I need to entrust this empire for Pete’s sake! It’s about time for you to prove your position.. Don’t mess this up!” the old man turned his back to his grandson.

 

 

 

 Yuri clenched his teeth in silence as he watch his grandfather leave.

 

 

 

Jessica was about to follow the old man to make sure his ok, when the younger Kwon spoke. “I bet you’re enjoying yourself, am I right Ms. Jung?” he said in a dark tone.

 

 

 

The woman turned to him with an indifferent expression she usually has. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

 

 

Yuri gave a fake laugh as he glared at the woman who is the root of all his miseries.  “What happened to your ‘I’m not coming back’ drama?” He said sarcastically.  

 

 

 

Jessica’s sympathy to Yuri flew away in the window, she pushed her falling glasses back to its proper place “I don’t have to explain anything to you.”

 

 

 

 

 

+++++++

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was staring at the nothingness.. He felt so empty inside as he watch his Per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter