EIGHTH

Too Different to Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello.. H-Haraborji..” Yuri felt like throwing up because of the anxiety as he brace himself for whatever his grandfather was about to tell.

 

“Where are you? It’s almost noon” the booming voice of his grandfather hinting displeasure.

 

Yuri’s sweat beads coldly in his forehead as he tried to calm himself down; Sooyoung was worriedly looking at him when the stoplight went red.

 

“I’m sorry grandpa… I went to Ms. Jung’s place an—“

 

“You did?!” the old man’s voice suddenly went from serious to overly delighted. “So is she going to come back at the office? Is she? I’m going to put you back in my last will my boy!”

 

“What?! You removed me from your last will?!” Yuri’s couldn’t help but to yell in shock, what the hell? He is the sole heir of the Kwon clan and his grandfather took him off the will? His grandfather went crazy; he should’ve kept his eyes on him when he first shows symptoms on senility. Was he too late now?

 

Even Sooyoung eyes went wide with his mouth hanging wide open when he heard the word “removed” and “last will “from Yuri.

 

“Now, don’t get to so worked up! I changed my mind… there still hope for you kid!” the old man said happily ignoring Yuri’s outburst. “So when will she go back?”

 

Yuri couldn’t answer, once his grandfather knew about what happened to him and Jessica he is as good as dead meat.

 

“Yul.”  Grandpa Kwon called him again.

 

Yuri gulped silently.

 

“You brat, answer me!” the old man said impatiently.

 

“uh…a-about that..” Yuri couldn’t bring himself to continue, he knew that the old man will going to burst.

 

“Don’t tell me you didn’t get her back?! You really want to kill me, aren’t you?!” The old man barked at his grandson. “Aigoo… I can feel my heart hurting... My own grandson will be the reason of my death, what did I do wrong?”  He added in exaggerated despair.

 

Yuri nose flared as he listens to his grandfather’s voice acting.  If his grandfather was in front of him, he is sure that he is already clutching his chest while glaring at him.

 

“Yah! Grandpa! That’s unfair! That witch doesn’t even want to talk to me at the first place!” Yuri tried to explain.

 

‘What did I teach you about calling people names? Tsk.. I raised a kid with no manners”

 

Yuri couldn’t take it anymore, he started to burst. “Grandpa! Why are you doing this to me? Do you really hate me that much? I’m your only family and yet you want me to be a shooting target in the military? Jessica Jung is evil! You should’ve seen how she hit me! Grandpa she kicked me! So many times!” Yuri whined like a kid that only made Sooyoung shook his head judging him from head to toe from the driver seat.

 

The old man went silent on the other line.

 

“You can ask Sooyoung he saw it! That woman hurt your grandson! Haraborji…”  Yuri pushed his phone to Sooyoung’s face. “Tell him what you saw Soo!” Yuri demanded furiously.

 

“Yah! I’m driving!” the tall man swats away Yuri’s hand in his face.  “And please don’t involve me with your mess; I still love my life… thank you very much”  Sooyoung said using his monotone voice that he uses when he is hungry.

 

“Some friend you are...” Yuri glared at his best friend before he goes back to the phone. “Grandpa…”

 

“Stop your drama, Yuri! Man up! Did I raise you to become a wimp?” The old man scolded.  “Mind your image, will you?!”

 

“There’s nothing wrong with my image!” Yuri defended.

 

“Everything is WRONG! You’re irresponsible, conceited and a shameless womanizer! What kind of name will you pass out in the future generation of Kwons?!”  The old man ranted.

 

Yuri frowned, when he heard how the old man looks at him all this time. He has to admit he is kind of hurt. “I don’t know about the name, but I can surely give the good genes—“

 

“KWON YURI!!”  His grandfather’s loud voice pierced straight into his brain.  “You! Be in the office 7AM sharp tomorrow.”

 

“Huh? You won’t send me to the army?” Yuri said in surprise and slowly a smile crept on his face.  His grandfather is not that heartless after all. He suddenly wants to cry, but his happiness is short lived when he heard the old Kwon spoke again.

 

“Don’t be too happy.  You’re under probation; you will get the details tomorrow.”

 

“P-Probation?” Yuri stutters.

 

“Be there! Or else you can kiss my last will goodbye! I will donate everything to charity!”  The old man said threateningly then ends the line, leaving the young Kwon confusedly looking at the phone.  He suddenly became nervous.

 

“Hey what did Grandpa Kwon said?” Sooyoung asked him with a short glance. .  “You’re not going to be enlisted anymore?”  

 

“He is asking me to report early tomorrow.. He said I’m on probation” Yuri turned to his friend. “It’s a good thing, right?”

 

Sooyoung looks at him “I don’t know… You know I can’t think when I’m starving. “

 

“Soo can you please be serious?!”  Yuri smacks his arms forcefully in irritation.  “What does it mean?”

 

“Awww...” Sooyoung gave him a stern look; if he is not driving he will give Yuri a punch. “I don’t know! You’re the one who’s talking to him, not me!”

 

++++++++

 

 

 

Jessica felt her cold sweat as she and Krystal welcomed the lovable chairman Kwon in their house. She’s still hitting herself mentally because of what she said earlier.  She is still biting her tongue as she bowed politely at the old man. 

 

“It’s nice to see you again Ms. Jung” The chairman smiled.

 

Jessica felt so ashamed she wants to drop on her knees and beg for forgiveness “I’m very sorry chairman; I really didn’t mean what I said. I was just so –“

 

“It’s okay Jessica.” He boss cut her with an amused voice.

 

Jessica looked up to the old man who is smiling at her, she immediately felt at ease.

 

“You have a very nice house” the old man said as he looks around the elegant villa while the sisters walk him inside the living room.

 

“It’s my mothers, Sir. “  Jessica informed him timidly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter