THIRD

Too Different to Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jessica swears that she heard angels singing when the 30 minutes car ride with her boss was finally over. If it was just her, she will not let herself be stuck to a confined space with her boss It is seriously killing the living patience inside of her. She silently followed Kwon Yuri as he confidently walks towards the KIE sky, the 150 floors sky scraper made of glass and concrete arrogantly standing in the middle of the business district.

 

As soon as the her boss steps in the building, it felt like the time stops for all the employee stopped from what they are doing and bows to the CEO.  Jessica wants to roll when he saw her boss smiles at every one… She hates it, because she knows that as soon as they stepped on the elevator Yuri the Jerk will appear again in front of her face.   “Good afternoon Mr. President.. Good afternoon Ms.Jung” Yuri politely acknowledge the attention by smiling, but as expected MISS-NO-EMOTION beside her didn’t even bother. ‘This creature really needs to have a crash lesson for public relations.   He finally snapped when his private elevator closed. “Ms. Jung, I want you to know that I will not tolerate your rudeness towards the other employee”    “What are you talking about Sir?” the girl asks in innocent tone.   ‘Show courtesy to others, a simple greeting back will do”   “It’s not in my job description Mr. Kwon as lecturing about it is not part of yours. “   “You know what? They hate you so much… they call you behind your back” Yuri smirked to his assistant.   Jessica sighed as she adjusts her falling glasses, she know that already it’s not a big issue for her.  She didn’t work here to please anybody but herself and her direct boss which is the chairman. Being hated for what she is, is much more acceptable that to be liked because of insincerity.   “They also call you witch, Hitler and Queen of darkness” His boss said while looking contented as he say that on her face.   “If pointing out their duties and errors gained me that title I would be glad to accept it.” She looked at her boss as she raised her brows.  “If those things bother you Sir, I can’t imagine how you will react on what the entire country is calling you, behind yours.” Jessica wants to jump in victory when she saw her boss’s face darken. ‘Serves you right.” She mentally laughed.   “No wonder your single, nobody can stand you and your attitude” Yuri gritted his teeth, its Jessica’s fault.   Jessica was surprised; Yuri never attacked her that directly before.  Her blood automatically boils as the words sink in to her. ‘Why this jerk..’  She was about to say a poisonous reply but the elevator already opens on the top floor.   Yuri stomped his way out to his office lounge leaving Jessica behind.  “Good Afternoon Mr. Kwon.. Good afternoon Jessie!” An excessively perky girl greets them with her pretty eye smile.   “At last I’ve seen something beautiful, good afternoon Tiffany” Yuri said suavely as he throw his flirting smile to the girl… Every day he feels like his walking in the middle of heaven and hell.. Tiffany being the heaven and Jessica as the hell.   Tiffany just kept her neutral smile till the man entered his private office. “What happened?” Tiffany asked as she eyed her best friend exhaustedly sat on her station.   “One day I swear.. That kwon will really get it from me. “Jessica said as she withdrew a fresh set of clothes on her lower shelf.   “What did he do this time?” Tiffany sighed looking at Jessica with pity.. She has known the girl since grade school she is a very nice person.   “I worked like a freaking chamber maid again and just now that man just insulted me… the nerve!” Jessica whispered under her breath.   Tiffany just shook her head..  “Jessie why are you keep on doing this craziness? “ Tiffany pointing at her friends dull set of clothes. “This is so not you”   “I have my purpose Tiff … you know it, right?” Tiffany know everything that has to be known about her since the literally grew up together.   “You’re still after them?”   Jessica simply nodded..   “Jessie I’m worried about you…”   Jessica sighed “Don’t be… because see this?” Jessica showed a folded paper to Tiffany.   “Oh my god.. You will resign?!” Tiffany gasps..   “I prepared this a year ago… One more wrong move from the Kwon Yuri, I will quit.”   “No..” Tiffany looked at her in disapproval.   Jessica just ignored it  “I need to change..I feel so sticky..”   “Jess..” Tiffany called her before she reaches the restroom. ‘ What?”   “Krystal called earlier looking for you, it seems that’s she can’t reach you”   “Yeah… I worked till dawn for the presentation… I totally forgot to charge my phone. I will call her later… thanks Tiff.” Jessica smiled at her friend as she asks herself what do her sister needs from her.   +++++++++     The conference room was filled with heavy air. Jessica and Tiffany were sitting on the both side of the table.  Tiffany was taking notes as for Jessica she is the facilitator of the slide presentation.   On the end of the table there was a seated a rather handsomely bored man who is just watching silently. As their boss do the discuss the presentation personally. This is a close meeting for a possible merger only the two presidents of the two companies. It doesn’t take genius to know that there is something wrong, no response or feedback means failed deal.   Jessica could just sigh because Kwon Yuri seems as uninterested as the president of GGC.    “So the gross market rate will be increase by 30 percent after 2025.”  Yuri finished the presentation flawlessly but seems forced.   The man named Donghae was tapping the reports with his long fingers. He looks straight to Yuri with blank eyes. “That sounds really appealing, the presentation is comprehensive…but the if takes that long to just to have that growth. There are other companies who want to have GGC.  And I’m sorry to inform you that your offer is far from the figures that were previously offered to us.”   “This is realistic” Yuri said coolly..   “Don’t underestimate my company Kwon..  I’m afraid I have to decline”   Yuri gritted his teeth before he smiled. “ Suit yourself Mr. Lee, I don’t want to waste both of our time then”  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter