TENTH

Too Different to Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the nth time today Kwon Yuri glance at the woman sitting behind the table at the side of his office, again he let out a condemning sigh as he looks back at the monitor screen. It’s only been 3 days and even he can’t explain it, but the mere presence of the queen of darkness is enough to tick him off big time without even requiring her to speak a thing.

 

Yes, Jung doesn’t even speak with him but he is still so annoyed to the point that he can't concentrate on what he was doing.

 

So much for his grandfather brilliant plan... ‘Great asset… I already see my failure just by looking at her! What’s with that old man’s brain?’ Yuri muttered as he open the files and scans it. Everything is so wrong, It would’ve been better if he have someone who can understand him, but hell no!  Even his so called friends were taking the side of darkness, he can still remember what they have talked about yesterday..

 

 

 

Yuri slammed his glass on the table “She has the nerve to say that on my face?? On my face?? On my—“

 

“We get it, ok! She called you a brat on your face!”  Sooyoung cuts him as he bites on his burger, his ears were already hurting to the rants of the younger Kwon, and thank goodness there are a lot of food  here because he swears he wouldn’t survive with all the second hand stress his been receiving from his tanned buddy.

 

Yuri glared at the tall man who’s the only goal in life was to stuff himself to death. He turned his attention to Taeyeon the more bearable one. “Taeng, we need to get rid of her” He said in a serious tone.

 

Taeyeon sigh and put down his phone. “What do you mean by ‘get rid of her’ Yul?”

 

“She needs to vanish from my sight.” Yuri simply said.

 

The two look at him strangely as if he grew another head.. Yuri explained immediately when he notice the weird stare of the two “Well I was thinking—“

 

But before he even finished Sooyoung shook his shoulders violently and started to yell at him in a rather passionate way…“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?! YOU CRAZY MORON!!”

 

“Dude totally not cool” Taeyeon held his hands up as he gives him a judging look.

 

“Have you lost your freaking mind?!” Sooyoung yelled again.

 

Taeyeon shook his head “I can’t believe you want us to commit crime? Really now? You’re asking a lawyer to kill someone?”

 

“What did poor Sica done to deserve this?!” Sooyoung looks at him with teary eyes

 

Taeyeon pulled out a pen and paper “Let me discuss the possible death penalty for—“

 

“SHUT UP YOU GUYS!”  Yuri’s laud voice stopped the blabbering two immediately, his chest heaved high as he inhales all the patience he could get. “I’m not asking you to kill THE Medusa!” he hissed as he shoved Sooyoung’s food oiled hands away from him.

 

Sooyoung yelped “what the hell.. Why are you so violent..” The tall guy muttered as he goes back to his seat.

 

Yuri closed his eyes as he count to 10 in his mind, to suppress his need to grab his best friend’s neck. “As I was saying I need her to vanish from my sight, so you guys think of a way that will kick her out of my office.”

 

Taeyeon leaned back on his seat and crossed his arm. “You’re still at that? I can’t understand what the big deal is?”

 

Yuri shot a glare at him. “I don’t want to share my office with that woman! I’m getting annoyed whenever I see her face.”

 

“If you’re getting annoyed.. Then don’t look at her” Sooyoung said as he continue to eat his half eaten burger.

 

Yuri pressed his lips tightly. “How can I do that—“

 

“Look Yul, It seems here that you’re the only one bothered by this situation. I get it you got hurt from the things she said, but dude.. Trying to kick her out of the office? Wouldn’t it just justify her argument about you being a and a spoiled brat?” Taeyeon asked as he looks at him with bored eyes.

 

Yuri gritted his teeth in silence.

 

“Taeng was right, you know. “ Sooyoung finally finish his burger. “And to top that you will only cause unnecessary commotion, you will just make the chairman upset and delay you’re supposed project, Because of what? A petty office space?”

 

Yuri wants to scream but he does see the point of his friends.

 

“Just think about pleasing your grandfather okay? What is six months if after that you will get the chairmanship? Just imagine what you can do after, you can send Ms. Jung overseas if you really don’t want to see her anymore” Taeyeon advised.

 

Yuri nodded.. At last something pleasing went out of his friend’s mouth.. He never thought about it, but yeah..He can send Jung in a faraway place and never see her again once he was the boss.. He smiled at the thought.  “Yes.. You’re right Taeng!”

 

Sooyoung shrugged in the flow of the conversation.

 

“So for now just bear with her, try not to clash with her as much as possible” Taeyeon smiled as he straighten his coat.

 

“But I can’t just let her be comfortable in her position!” Yuri snapped.

 

“Use your logic, will you?” Sooyoung rolled his eyes. “Whether you like it or not, Sica is a very clever woman.  You might not like the girl, but you can’t deny that she got brains… why waste your energy fighting her? If you can use her to your advantage in this project..”

 

“I don’t need her” Yuri said immediately

 

“You don’t?” Sooyoung use his ARE YOU SURE tone that make Yuri want to punch him. “How about in the future?” he continued as he eyed him.

 

Yuri smirked at the laughable thought “I swear I will cut my fingers the moment that I will need that woman!”

 

But his two friends just exchange a conniving gaze as they wiggle they’re brows..

 

Yuri frowned at the two. “What now!”

 

“Why sacrifice your handsome fingers, Yul? When you can just give us you bikes when that day comes..” Sooyoung smiled widely.

 

“Oh please…”

 

Taeyeon looks at him with a teasing smirk “Scared to lose?”

 

“As if!”  Yuri snorted.

 

“Then just give us the keys on the day you, Kwon Yuri will admit that you need Jessica Jung..”  Sooyoung smirked.”I can’t wait” Sooyoung muttered dreamily.

 

Yuri smirked back. “Sure... But don’t bother waiting because it will never happen” it’s impossible.

 

+++++++

 

 

 

“Mr.Kwon… Mr. Kwon!” A loud voice of a woman pulled Yuri’s thought in the present.  He looks up and saw his beautiful secretary clad in pink looking down at him with a curious gaze.

 

“What?” Yuri asked as he straightens up his tie.

 

“The representatives of the departments that you asked for is already waiting in the conference room 2, Sir” Tiffany said.

 

Yuri stands up as he looks around and notices that the queen of darkness is not on her table.  “Where’s Jung?” He asked.

 

“Ms. Jung went out for lunch, Sir.” The lady informed him.

 

“She will not attend the meeting?”

 

“It’s not on her schedule. Do you need Ms.Jung there, Sir?”

 

Yuri’s blood began to spike up with the ridiculous question. “Who said that I need her?!  Of course not!” Yuri snaps at Tiffany who was taken aback.

 

“I’m sorry Sir, I-I was just—“

 

Yuri didn’t even bother to listen he just stride towards the door ignoring his secretary “Don’t say stupid things Ms. Hwang...” muttered as he left the room.

 

 +++++++

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter