FIRST

Too Different to Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Disgusting, disgusting… This is disgusting!!!” Jessica mumbled as she place the trash in the garbage bag. She usually loves her job so much but this part she despise it to death.   ‘I’m an executive assistant not a maid! What have I done wrong??’  She sulked as she finishes cleaning silently cursing her boss who made her life like this.

 

Jessica roamed her eyes on the place, pleased on her work as usual.. Finally the space looks like million dollar pent house again, If she has enough time she will vacuum the place three times just to be sure that all the filth was removed. She’s a clean freak.. She can’t stand it when something is out of order or dirty, it drives her nuts. She gently put the fallen ornaments on the rightful place.

 

She unconsciously looks at her watch.. “oh no?!” She gasps when she saw the time; she didn’t realize that she was cleaning for 2 hours now.     She totally forgot what she’s supposed to do, to pick up her ‘BOSS’ who still asleep.  They have an important meeting in two hours! She gritted her teeth when she notices herself. “Now I’m all sweaty just great!” she left a mental note that she will change in the office.

 

She stomped towards the master bedroom and knock profusely “KWON YURI! OPEN THE DOOR!” She yelled on top of her lungs, making sure that the person or people in the other side of the door will hear her. But minutes pass and no one answers.

 


“WE HAVE A MEETING WITH GGC! COME ON! DON’T LET ME USE MY KEYS ON YOU!!” Jessica yelled again. Still there’s no answer, she kick the door out of frustration, her current boss Kwon Yuri is the heir and the active president of KIE, the company that she loved so much.

 

It’s been three years since she graduated in University of Korea with a degree in Business Administration with a rank of summa cumlaude.  Her grades are perfect and she has all the recommendations that were voluntarily made by her professors, soon enough she landed a job in KIE, one of korea's biggest company.    She started as a junior trainee but after a week the old Chairman Kwon notice her potential and offer her a job as an Executive Assistant.. The old chairman trained her personally under his wings and gave her time to finish her masteral degree; everything that she knows about business and strategies was acquired thanks to that good man.

 

She will be forever grateful for the trust that the old man gave her, that’s why she promised all her loyalty to the chairman, but she didn’t know that her loyalty will threw her in this situation.

 

Almost two years ago the chairman decided to finally take his retirement  due to his last heart attack, that time his only grandson and heir of the company was about to go home after studying in abroad for 10 years. Jessica was informed in advance about it so she prepared herself to apply in an executive position in the company… but the old chairman requested her to stay as the executive assistant of the next CEO.  She can still remember the Old Kwon’s exact words.

 

+++++++++FLASH BACK+++++++++++    “Jessica, you are already like a family to me. I admire all the work that you have done for me and the company. That’s why I will entrust to you my most cherished possession.”

 

She gulped in excitement, thinking that the chairman will gave her a special project or an important position. “What is it Mr. Chairman?” she was able to ask   “I will entrust you my grandson” the old man said seriously.   “I’m sorry?” Jessica asked again confusedly, thinking that she heard him wrong.   “I want you to be Yuri’s personal assistant.”   Jessica can’t help but to widen her eyes. “But Sir, I don’t understand  ... I already passed my final interview as an Operation Head.” She answered nervously not wanting to upset the man she owed her career for. Everything was already planned for her..   “I know that Jessica, but you are the best person to look after Yuri.  He is a very intelligent man but he tends to be distracted all the time with his other activities. And you being the most objective person that I know and trust will be a great help to that child. “The chairman explained.   Jessica don’t know how to refuse to the old man, she really wants the new position as an operations head.   “I know your worries, don’t worry dear I will double you compensation to cover up the inconvenience that this will cause you.  All you need to do i
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter