Xiumin Meets Chen's Parents

Exo Facebook Stories!

A/N: I know, this is a little short, but i hope you enjoy it anyway :)

 

“Look, don’t worry about it!” Chen soothed his new boyfriend, rubbing his arms comfortingly to try and get him to calm down. Xiumin turned his head to stare, no glare at him, pushing away his hands.

“You make it sound like it’s going to be so easy!” he shouted, glaring at Chen once more before turning back to his cupboard, eyes going over every piece of clothing that was stored in it, letting out an annoyed whine when he still couldn’t find one piece of clothing that he wanted to wear.

“It’s just my parents! Nothing to worry yourself over.” The younger explained, moving behind the older and placed his hands on his shoulders, softly rubbing them to decrease some of the tension he had built up over the past couple of hours. Xiumin still didn’t calm down however.

“No! Because what if they don’t like me?! Then we’re over. And if we’re over, EXO is over!”

Wow, Xiumin was taking this way out of proportion.

“Look, baby, they’ll love you. Don’t worry.” Twisting the older around, he instantly pecked him on the lips before smiling at him. “Trust me.” Chen whispered, and Minseok had no choice but to nod.

He was only doing this because the younger boy practically begged him to come.

There was no way he’d want to meet Chen’s parents.

But if the other said it’d be okay.

Then it had to be…

Right?

When Xiumin exited the car, he took a deep breath before pulling his black shirt down a little more and glancing at Jongdae who was now standing beside him, his hand out, offering it.

Minseok took it, and let his boyfriend walk him through the gates and up to his front door.

Knocking on it thrice, the harsh reality hit Xiumin one more time.

He was about to meet Chen’s parents. Crap.

The boy quickly ran behind Chen and waited.

The door knob began turning, and as soon as it was opened, Chen’s eyes bulged.

“DAD!” He shouted, instantly lunging into the older man’s arms before letting him go and rushing into his mother’s arms next, laughing in her ear as he whispered murmurs of ‘I missed you.’

Both of his parents smiled at him and welcomed him home before pushing him away lightly, and looking for his son’s much talked about partner.

“So where’s the lucky lady?” His mother asked, and Xiumin felt all of his blood flow from his face as those words rang in his ears.

‘Lady’?

Xiumin gulped. Okay, now it was safe to say that he should be able to turn around and run away from them all, because his mother and father think that Chen’s new partner is a woman, someone with s and a .

And Minseok was pretty sure that he had neither.

And he was pretty sure that Chen knew that too.

Jongdae smirked and then stepped to the side to show his parents the one he was talking about.

“Mum, Dad, this is my boyfriend Minseok.”

Xiumin’s eyes left the floor as he looked up to gaze at his boyfriend’s parents, who seemed to have frozen in time.

That’d be nice, to have them frozen.

So he can sneak away and pretend nothing happened.

“Boyfriend?” His father asked, looking away from Minseok and turning his gaze on his son instead who was still grinning away like no tomorrow.

“Yeah! He’s also my band member, so I’d appreciate it if you don’t mention it to anyone.” Chen explained, before taking a hold of his boyfriend’s wrist and pulling him inside.

There was still silence, and Xiumin hated the fact that Chen looked like he was going to burst out laughing at any point.

So he kept his mouth shut, he didn’t want to talk to any of them in the house.

He just hoped that this day would be over quickly.

“Well, I’m getting dinner ready so why don’t you and… Minseok go and watch some television?” The woman asked, not even sparing a glance at her son’s boyfriend, but just gazing at Jongdae again.

“Okay.” Chen whispered, before pulling his boyfriend up to the living room where a large TV occupied the wall.

When they both sat down on the couch, there was silence in the room, but yet Jongdae was still grinning like a maniac.

“Want to explain?” Xiumin asked, turning his body around and glaring.

“Explain what?” Chen wondered, leaning back on the couch before placing his hand on his boyfriend’s thigh.

Xiumin bit his lip before trying to keep his anger down.

He couldn’t burst here, not when everything that could go wrong, has went wrong.

“Why… your parents thought I was going to have s.” He gritted through his teeth. The smile never faded from the opposite boy’s mouth.

“Oh that? That’s nothing.”

Xiumin stood up immediately and put his hands on his hips.

“Nothing? Do you know how stupid and unwelcome I felt?” he asked, scowling at him, feeling horribly ridiculed at the fact Jongdae was still ing smiling like there was nothing wrong with this situation at all.

The younger stood up and let his hands fall on Xiumin’s cheek before he spoke softly.

“It’s okay baby.” He whispered, and Minseok just stared.

And stared.

“Okay? Okay?!” he shouted, pushing the other back on the couch before taking a few steps back away from him. Just as he was about to speak again, a loud womanly voice came from the kitchen, notifying them that dinner was ready. Chen grinned and stood up.

“Let’s go.”

Dinner was even more awkward, if that was possible.

It was so silent, Xiumin was sure that everyone could hear him swallowing down the food, no matter how quietly he tried to do it.

As soon as his fork met the plate, he was sure Chen’s parents heard him.

This was the worst thing he had ever agreed to do.

Glancing at his boyfriend, he noticed that Chen was just happily eating away, munching on the dinner his mother made him like he didn’t have a care in the world. Why did his boyfriend have to be so care-free? Why did he have to be so stupid and not see how angry Minseok was at this moment and time?

Well, the first meeting with his parent’s didn’t go well at all.

Minseok promised himself that as long as he could, he was never going to visit here again, not unless he had a change.

“So, anyway, my band life is going pretty good!” Chen exclaimed, creating a little conversation, forcing his parents to turn to him.

His mother just smiled at him and nodded before going back to eating her dinner in silence, whilst his father murmured a small good before doing the same.

Chen continued to bring up random conversation during the dinner, but his mother and father only gave brief responses and going back to their food. Minseok finished finally, but that meant that he had nothing to distract him anymore.

And then he watched as everyone else finished their plates.

They must’ve sat there for a further five minutes before Chen stood up suddenly and smiled at his silent parents.

“Sorry guys, it’s time for us to go.” He explained before his mother and father stood up as well.

“We’ll walk you out.” His father said as he cleared away his plate first. Xiumin thanked god that he was finally going to be able to leave.

They all reached the door, and Xiumin turned around with Chen and stared at his parents.

Both of their eyes were on him now for the first time, and he felt so under pressure.

“Well, you’re definitely not what I expected Minseok.” The man said, not even offering a smile, but at least he wasn’t insulting him. But still, Minseok chose not to speak and only nod his head a little.

And then Chen’s mother spoke.

“Well, at least you’re pretty like a girl, so I’ll let this slide.” She smiled, laughing a little as she thought she was being terribly funny and light hearted.

But in Xiumin’s head, he was just insulted terribly.

Offering a crooked smile, he turned his head to his boyfriend and waited.

“Bye mum, dad.” Chen grinned at them before pulling Xiumin away and out of the house.

When they were by their car, Xiumin stared at his boyfriend before glaring.

“Never again am I going near that house.” He said, folding his arms angrily across his chest. He had been waiting to be alone with Chen for the whole day, and no, he wasn’t going to go easy on him.

Jongdae sighed and turned him.

“Look, sorry about not telling them you were a boy okay? Sorry.” He said, shrugging his shoulders like his apology didn’t even matter, like he thought that Xiumin shouldn’t be worried about this sort of thing.

“…Chen. This isn’t a game.” He warned before moving around the car and climbing into the passenger seat.

The younger gritted his teeth before moving into the driver’s seat and driving ahead immediately, not even bothering to talk to his boyfriend.

They reached the dorms fairly quickly, and Chen watched as Xiumin just left the car and walked in without saying a single word.

Chen followed silently as well, and when he got in he realised everyone else was in the living room watching a movie, probably not even noticing that they were actually back, and since he didn’t see Minseok anywhere, he figured he must’ve went back to their shared room which he quickly moved too.

When he got there, he saw his boyfriend sitting on the bed looking at his hands.

“Minseok… I’m really sorry for embarrassing you.” Chen finally apologised properly, and he fell to his knees in front of the older boy, staring up at his slightly chubby faced that looked so damn adorable when angry. Xiumin stared down at him with a slight pout and sighed.

“…As long as you’re sorry I guess.” He mumbled, pushing his hands to his knees and he let out a soft sigh.

“Baozi, really, I’m sorry.” Chen whispered, taking a hold of the other’s hands and rubbing them together.

Xiumin slightly chuckled at the use of his nickname and nodded.

“Okay, okay.” He replied, chuckling as the other moved his face up to claim his lips.

Both of them kissed sweetly before separating.

“Just never make me go there again.” Xiumin whispered, a little blush covering his cheeks from the intimate action.

Chen laughed and nodded his head.

“Whatever you say Baozi.”

They both grinned.

“Now go away.” Chen just laughed and tackled his boyfriend to the bed, lying on top of him happily before closing his eyes.

And Xiumin being the kind person he is, didn’t dare move him since he looked so damn comfortable.

It was a short time after that, and Xiumin was on his facebook, searching through the random statuses that his band mates have posted, and one in particular caught his eye.

It was from Lu Han to Sehun, telling him to come meet his parents.

And Baozi, being the eldest of the group, had a position to fill.

He had to protect s – ESEPCIALLY the youngest one.

So he told Sehun not to go.

Just like someone had told him.

The next day Xiumin found out that Sehun did go, and he had the worst day of his life as well.

Moral of the story – Don’t meet your boyfriend’s parents, and listen to Baozi.

Fin.