Chapter 25: Dream Girl

Love Dust

 

5:00am...

TOP was inside his sports car driving back to his condominium from his shoot. He was listening to a radio program...

“Good morning listeners!! Are you still up at this hour? Check your time ‘coz it’s already 5 am!! I know that all of you have reasons why you’re still awake at this hour or why you woke up very early. If you’re a student, you’re now busy preparing for school. If you’re a businessman, you’re up all night computing for your sales but if you’re a person in love like me, you’re very lucky! Because, we’ll be talking about the reason why you’re still awake right now!!! But before anything else, let us listen first to SHINee’s new song entitled, Dream Girl. What a perfect song to start the day...” The DJ opened his show.

TOP smiled after he heard about the topic. I turned the volume up to listen to the radio show. SHINee’s new song, Dream Girl, played loudly inside the car of Bigbang’s main rapper. As he was listening to the song, he can’t help but  imagine the face of the woman who he claimed to be a con artist with a clear conscience.

**FLASHBACK as Dream Girl continues to play**

Her innocent face...

Her black silky long hair done in ponytail...

Her light and soft eyebrows...

Her almond shaped eyes...

Her perfect pointed nose...

Her pink thin lips...

**END OF FLASH BACK**

“Hey, there!! Will you stop what you’re thinking?! The song is over. listen to me and focus on your way!! By the way, I just want to greet my listeners who are on their way home. Have a safe trip everyone!!” The DJ shouted.

“Are you pertaining to me?! She’s a con. Bigbang’s main rapper won’t fall in her trap... I—I guess...” TOP told to himself as if he was talking to the DJ.

“If she’ll do something wrong, I won’t think twice of calling the police and tell the world what kind of person she is...” he added and stepped hardly on the gas.

The sun has already risen when TOP reached his condominium. He went home just to get another set of books for him to read while he’s on a standby during his shoot. Carrying the three books that he previously brought on set in his left hand, he walk slowly towards his condominium, thinking...

“Aish, why am I thinking of her?! That i—nnocent con-artist!! Innocent con-artist, is that even possible? No, maybe I’m just tired a—and lacking of sleep...” TOP convince himself as he unlock the door of his comdominium.

From my study table that’s right next to the window, I can see that the sun is about to rise. Although, my very short nap last night was not enough, I need to stay up to this hour to furnish my presentation. With my dizzy head, I went inside the bathroom to take a bath and prepare for school.

“Ah... Chooo! Excuse me!” I sneezed.

“It’s okay Ms. Madrigal. Carry on.” My professor told me as I was presenting my case study in front of the class.

The fast approaching winter is killing me. I’m not really used to this kind of weather or season. I already added two layers on my outfit and still the chilly wind gets right through my bones. With a very low energy, I still faced the day normally.

After my first class, as usual I went straight to the library cafe and do my work.

“Chin, are you okay? You look so pale.” My co-worker asked in concern.

“I’m totally fine. Don’t worry.” I replied as I sniff my cold.

“Here, take this. It will make you feel better.” She said and offered me a medicine.

“Thanks. Can I take this now?”

“Yes, you can take it anytime.”

Without any hesitations, I grabbed my tumbler and took the medicine. I don’t know why my sight leads me to the label of the medicine where I read: ‘Drowsy effect’.

“Drowsy effect?!” I told myself.

“Yes, It’s for cold. You don’t have a class after this right?” My co-worker asked.

“Y--- Yes... B—But...”

**FLASHBACK**

House Rules and Regulation

No. 6: Do not publicize anything regarding your job especially, the condominium’s address.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

“Just take a rest. You’ll be better soon, promise.”

Oh no!! I still need to do the laundry for Mr. Kim. If his bathroom was just opened yesterday, I could have been resting for the whole afternoon today. Alright, I shall counter the drowsiness by having caffeine.