Chapter 8: Seoul's Night Life

Love Dust

 

Seoul is truly a one-stop city. Restaurants, malls, clubs, bars, parks, historical landmarks are all in here adding the free music shows on some chosen spots. It’s almost 6pm, Seung Joon and I will be meeting Mi Rae in a café not too far from Seoul National University. As expected, we are again sitting at the farthest spot of the shop next to the “glass wall”.

“So, where’s “your new friend”?” Seung Joon irritably asked.

“Chill. It’s not even 6pm yet.” I calmly replied.

“Hey!” Mi Rae yelled and waved her hand as she heads toward us.

“I’m sorry for keeping you waiting. Coz I need to finish some things.” She said the right time she reached our seats.

“It’s okay. You’re not even late.” I replied.

“Anyway, c’mon guys. The night is still long for us or maybe for you to experience the ‘Seoul's night life’.” She excitedly said.

“Seoul's night life… I hope that that sounds positive.” Seung Joon added.

TOP arrives in an underground classy club, too early to GD’s call time. He opens the glass door and sees many familiar faces. This bar is very known in Seoul as the ‘ultimate celebrity pad’.

“What a rare opportunity to see you here?” a good looking man, quite drunk, approached TOP.

“Rare? We’re regulars here. Is it your first time to be here?” TOP replied.

“It’s my second time actually and I will still come for the third time… fourth time…” 

“I guess you’ve drunk too much…”

“No --- No, I can still have a drink with you guys later. Bigbang r---ro—c---“ the man starts to feel like throwing up.

Like an action star, TOP avoids the blast of humiliation. The man he’s talking to vomit a liter of white yellowish disgusting fluid     

“I’m so sorry. I guess that this ends our conversation. But--- I’ll still see you later. Bigbang rocks tonigt, Oh eh yo… yeah” the man said and walked out.

As soon as the man turned his back, TOP leaves and climbs on the black and shiny glass stairs. The second floor of the bar is the place where groups of people meet and drink privately, since, every table here is enclosed by a round and cozy couch in which its “back board” extends up to the ceiling. TOP searches for the right spot where he can meet the boys. Not afar, he sees an empty table that is next to the balcony, where you can see all the people dancing on the dance floor. He sits down on the rightmost part of the seat and observes the people dancing to the tune of 2012.

Mi Rae is such a party girl. She brings us to every bar and club that she knows and now, again, for the first time in history, I’m drunk. I can feel the heaviness of my head and it seems that everywhere I look, everything spins. Despite of these, I’m still in my best composure as possible.  

“I’m saving this place for last…” Mi Rae told us as she walks down the stairs that leads to somewhere.

“Last, last, last… You’ve been telling that hundreds of times.” Seung Jun irritably replied.

“My instincts really don’t fail me…” He added.

“Trust me, this is the best place in Seoul ever!” Mi Rae excitedly replied as she pulls a darkly tinted glass door.

As the door opens, Mi Rae proves that she’s telling the truth. A two floored semi bar slash club is built under the grounds of Seoul. The best American music and hits endlessly play in remix. From the way the people here dresses, you can say that they belong to the upper class.

As I make my first step inside the club, I don’t know why I started to feel so dizzy. I still try to walk as straight as I could but the effect of alcohol is now starting to kill by brain cells. A warm hand pulls me…

“I think I need to take her home.” I heard Seung Joon’s voice.

“No! Y—You—again, Please, don’t spoil the night! If you want to go, just go…” I replied.

“Hey, Chin! You’re drunk!” He yelled.

“Drunk your face. You drank too much than me. Who do you think is drunk?!”

“C’mon Mi Rae. I wanna dance, dance, dance, de—dance, dance, Wow! Fantastic Baby!!” I loudly screamed.

I escape from Seung Joon’s warm grip and pull Mi Rae on the dance floor. We both give our best dance moves and dance like there’s no tomorrow. For a while, Mi Rae left me to get something to drink. From her look, I can say that she’s also drunk.

“Hey, Chin. Try this. It’s their best seller.” Mi Rae handed me a glass filled with blue liquid.

“Thanks!” I replied and drank the whole thing.

After that straight shot, my feeling worsens. I got dizzier, my stomach hurts, everything spins, and my sense of sight starts to play games on me. Why I didn’t notice this earlier? This place is jam packed with celebrities, maybe, the spot where I’m on gives the best view of the place where you can see all faces down here and up to the second floor through the help of the spot dance lights.

“Bathroom. I need to go to the bathroom.” I told Mi Rae as the feeling of vomiting starts to arise.

“It’s right there.” She replied and pointed to where I should head.

I start to walk to where I remember she pointed. At my very best effort, I try to hold in my vomit until I reach the bathroom. The first few meters of dizzily walking take forever. Plus, my stomach continuously burns and worsens every step that I make. Thanks to the nearest post, I can lean for a while and close my eyes to concentrate not to vomit on the spot. I catch a deep breath and opened my eyes. Not too far, I see a familiar face and little by little he comes closer to where I am. My heart starts to beat fast as he comes closer and closer…

“Chin, you’re drunk… the alcohol already affects not only your brain but also your sight.” I told myself as I drop down my heavy head.

I again close my eyes and catch a very deep breath… at a very split second before I exhale comes my worst nightmare. I carefully open my eyes and see a pair of snake skinned shoes bathing in ‘my self-owned embarrassment’.