Chapter 24: Lotte Experience with Seung Joon

Love Dust

 

‘Alright, See you at 3pm.’ Seung Joon replied.

I am now here at SeOUL cafe. This cafe is just located across the building where Mr. Kim’s condominium is situated. While waiting for Seung Joon, I decided to eat first some snacks because I just had a sandwich for lunch. Not too long, I saw Seung Joon outside the cafe looking for me. I knocked on the glass to catch his attention. He turned his head and gave me his not so ordinary smile. Other than Tae Yang, he’s the only guy that I know who can also do smiling with his lips and eyes, at the same time.

“Wanna eat first? We definitely need some energy to try every ride in Lotte.” I offered Seung Joon after he sat on the empty chair in front of me.

“No, I have lots of it stocked here.” Seung Joon replied and pointed his lean belly.

By Seung Joon’s outfit (black fitted with hood long sleeves and pink hanging pant partnered with pastel combination colored boat shoes), you really can tell that he has a very lean body but well built body and adding his classic taste in fashion, his good height and his brains. I guess no women won’t fall for him with myself as an exemption, of course. 

“So, you’re telling me that you have packs? Sorry, I’m not impressed.” I joked in reply.

“I know right. Just finish your food silently. You might burn all you calories with your talking.” Seung Joon teased.

“hahaha... funny... just make sure that you have enough cash because, I’ll be riding every single ride that I would see in Lotte.” I irritably told him.

After an hour of bus ride including all the bus stops and some traffic jams from SeOUL cafe, at last, we’ve reached Lotte. As we went out the bus, Seung Joon grabbed my hand and like kids we both ran until we reached the entrance.

As I can see from the ‘voucher’ encircled around my wrist and Seung Joon’s, he really granted what I just told him in the cafe. Now, we’re taking all the rides that we can.

“Joon, it seems that it’s your first time to come here. I thought that you always fly here in Korea every vacation?” I curiously asked.

“It’s my third time actually but I can’t help it, Chin. Everytime I come here, it feels like time machine. It’s so nice to again feel that you’re a kid again.” He calmly replied.

“Wow, it’s really my first time to hear you talking that way!” I replied.

“Why? I’m just telling you the truth. I know that you also feel the same way.”

Out of nowhere when we reached the topmost part of the ride, a strong wind blew...

“To tell you prankly, Yes!” I replied as I fix my hair.

“See? I’m right and look at you. You’re like a little girl who forgot to comb her hair because of too much excitement...” Seung Joon teased me again as he moves his hand closer to my face.

I didn’t bother when Seung Joon’s hand moved closer to my face; I just focused on fixing my hair for him not tease me again but, I got stunned when his soft hand reached my head and moved away strands of my hair from my sight. I accidentally looked at him in his eyes. This is the closest view that I see Seung Joon’s face. With just a few inches away from the faces of each other, I can now closely see that this man is blessed with such a very fine skin.

The moment their eyes met, Seung Joon paused and slowly glanced to the features of the face woman in front of her. From her eye brows, her long lashes, her almond shaped eyes, her nose and down to her lips... By the time his sight brought him to the thin naturally pink lips of this woman. His heart started to pound hardly...

“Aish, Wh--- Wh--- Why you’re some clumsy?” Seung Joon shouted and turned away his face.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t expect that a strong wind would pass by.” I told him.

“J--- Just have your hair tied again... ‘cos we’ll be trying more outdoor rides after this.” He replied as he gave me a quick glance.

The sky is already dark. We already tried almost all the outdoor rides that Lotte has to offer. Actually, after that ‘windy’ incident in the Ferris Wheel, Seung Joon’s mood changed. For hours, I didn’t hear his crunchiest tease knowing that he really loves insulting me. Plus, he didn’t even bother to look at me during our ‘short’ conversations. The things that are happening right now seemed like those scenes in dramas but I don’t want to jump into conclusion because, for weeks that we’re here in Seoul together, I can say that I already know him. He will never ever fall for me...

“Joon, why you’re walking too fast? Wait for me!!” I shouted and run towards Seung Joon.

“I think you’re tired. Why don’t we take a rest for a while?” I told him and sat on the first empty bench that I saw.

For a few steps, Seung Joon continued to walk and looked back where I’m sitting.

“Hey, there! The woman with a monster appetite, I know you’re hungry!” Seung Joon shouted in English.

Gosh, I thought that he will remain silent until we get home but after yelling to the whole Lotte those words, I can no longer show my face because of embarrassment. Watch out Seung Joon, I will definitely prove what you had just announced to the world. Prepare your cash or else you might end up washing mountains of dishes all night.

“Who’s the woman with a monster appetite? Are you pertaining to me?” I joked and walked towards him.

After following Seung Joon’s lead of where we would be having our dinner, my ‘evil’ plans crushed upon seeing this big sign of ‘hotdogs and sandwiches’. I’ve been eating sandwiches for the entire day and up to dinner still sandwich?

“Chin! C’mon, it’s my treat, remember?” Seung Joon told me and pulled my hand.

I gave him an annoying look in reply.

“Ahh--- I’m sorry...” He apologized and released my hand.

Gosh, he’s getting the wrong idea. I’m annoyed of him for choosing this hotdog place and not for holding my hand. Plus, he’s been doing this for few times now...

“So, what do you want?” Seung Joon asked me.

“Anything will do except for sandwich” I replied.

“Okay... It’s your choice.” He answered and walked towards the counter.

While waiting for Seung Joon to get our orders, I decided to play some games on my phone but when I unlocked my Bigbang Alive tour screen lock, an update popped on my Facebook account. It was a message coming from my sister.

‘Sis, It’s Seung Joon’s, Oppa, birthday today! Did you great him?’

‘And how did you know?’

‘Because, I’m following him in his twitter account. C’mon Sis, why don’t you join in the community!! I’m willing to make you an account. Tell me what user name do you want?’

‘No twitter, please.’

‘alright, fine. Why don’t you just add him to Facebook.’

Our conversation ended when Seung Joon arrived carrying our orders.

“No, sandwich? There you go. Hotdog on stick with bread on side! You won’t be full, if you’ll just be eating a hotdog...” Seung Joon told me and placed our orders on the table.

“You’re forgiven since, it’s your birthday. Why you didn’t tell me?”

“It’s very obvious that today is my birthday. You’re just too slow...”

“Fine, you won... for this day only...”

After having our dinner, we went indoors to try again some rides, wander around, take some photos and of course, buy some souvenirs...

It’s already midnight, as I checked my watch.

“Wanna go home? I guess that you still have a class tomorrow morning.” Seung Joon politely asked.

“Yes, we better go now. I still need to review my presentation for tomorrow.” I replied.

“Alright, C’---“ he was about to grab again my hand but he doubted.

“C’--- C’mon...” he continued and started to walk.

“Wait!!” I followed him while bringing out the red scarf that I bought.

“Here, for you.” I added.

“And what’s this?” He replied.

“Red Scarf, Duh.”

“I mean for what?”

“Birthday present, Of Course! Plus, winter is fast approaching...”

“Okay... Thanks!!”

I smiled in reply.

“C’mon!! We still can catch the last bus!!” Seung Joon hurried and unexpectedly grabbed my hand.