Eunhae

☃~C h r i s t m a s Oneshots~☃

 

3 am and the nightlife in the city is still wide awake. The bustling bars and nightclubs screamed into the chilly night and echoed up into the sky. Everyone dressed in heavy clothes to protect them from the icy air are still enjoying themselves late at night.  However, in a small neighborhood slightly afar from the city is just as quiet as always. Less blinding lights give a better chance to see the starry night after a windy day. The whole sky filled with small balls of light, streaming light years away. And yet, it always seem that you can just reach up and grab one...


Lee Donghae, a college student who was back at his parent’s place for the holidays, woke up to an unexpected knocking sound outside his window. Donghae looked out to see a flickering of light illuminating a pathway on the roads in front of his house. As tired as he was, he still went outside to check what was going on. He clearly wasn’t able to sleep with his head full of curiosity.

Dressed in plaid pants and a simple white t-shirt with a navy blue robe, the young male walked outside.

-Donghae’s Pov-

I can feel the iciness in the air as it hugged me tightly in a tight embrace. I shivered as I walked to the nearby streetlight. In the distance I can see a figure, tensed up and breathing onto his hand,savoring every bit of warmth. I walked closer, slowly though.

 
“H-hello?” I called out to the stranger. His head shot up and he looked at me. And at that moment, I could’ve sworn that I saw bright, light blue feathered wings fluttering behind the man.

“Ah, There you are!” He fully turned his body so now he was facing me directly. The stranger was wearing a black beanie -or that’s what it seems under the lamppost-, his platinum blonde hair peeking from underneath. He wore a black blazer over a plain white v-neck and black dress pants. A dark blue scarf completed the look, coiled around his neck emitting heat. The dark colors contrasted with his pale complexion.


“I’m sorry?” I slightly tilted my head in confusion. He chuckled.

“Merry Christmas, Donghae,” He smiled softly at me. Ah, that’s right.. it’s Christmas..

“How..do you know my name? Who..are you?” I questioned as I pondered. He just chuckled again.

“I’m Eunhyuk! Your brother said ‘Merry Christmas’ also. How are you? I remembered that Christmas was your favorite holiday~” The so called “Eunhyuk” chirped excitedly. I just stood there,trying to process what was going on.

My brother... He died long ago..God.. How did the stranger know? Was he..? Eunhyuk..that name sounds familiar...

“How do you know?” I asked,still shivering in one spot.

“Goodness, if you were curious to come out, the least you could have done was dressed in appropriate clothing. It’s below freezing out here.” Eunhyuk frowned as he looked at me from head to toe,shaking his head while he was at it.

“Can you please answer my question? I’m literally confused here,” I said in a fierce way, unintentionally of course.

“Gosh, didn’t remember you to be so grumpy.. “ Eunhyuk pouted.

“W-what?”

------------------

“Hyukjae! Yah, hurry up! We need to buy Christmas presents!” I yelled out to the man walking slowly towards me.

“Alright, I’m coming. Goodness” He shook his head before running to catch up.

-------

“Hyukjae, are you awake~?” I jumped on the male’s bed to wake him up.

“Hae, shut up.. Let me sleep...”

I pouted,” Come on! It’s Christmas eve~!” I squealed like a little kid about to be visited by Santa Claus.

“Yeah, I know...”

“Can we open the presents early~?”

------

We decided to open our presents early this year. On Christmas, we’re going out. We’ll be going to Europe. Why? I actually have no idea.

 
I watched Hyukjae open up his present. A smile graced his face as he took out his present that I had bought him last week. It was a pair of sneakers. New dancing shoes was what he had wanted. I noticed that he had his eye on it for awhile now,but never bought it.


“Do you like it~?” I asked in a childish manner as I fixed the Santa hat on top of my head.

-------

Christmas never came for Hyukjae. It did for me,but..not for him. He never got to see the first snow of this year,sadly enough.

----------------

The whole time I closed my eyes, reliving all the memories. A pair of lips landed on mine. It was soft and tasted like strawberries. I opened my eyes again,only to see a feather on the ground. I sadly smiled.

Merry Christmas Hyukjae. I miss you.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So yeah.. Didn't know why I decided to have someone dead... I swear that was totally unintentional... --" Please don't kill me TT TT 

Remind me not to write things blind ever again. It leads to the death of your bias. O A O I should be called the Angst Queen of the Sapphire Blue Kingdom.. Eh? Eh? Sound good~? lol

~Dia is out!~