Chapter 6

DISTINCTION

*********

“Mom! Dad!” Yoona yelled

“This girl! you have been married but she still acts like a kid” Mr.Im chuckled.

“Dad, Mom” Donghae bowed

“We should come into the house, the dinner has been ready!” Mrs.Im smiled

“Ne~” Yoona held Donghae’s hand and pulled him.

In the dinner...

“Everything is okay with two of you?” Mr.Im asked

“Yes dad!” Donghae replied

“He is very good, dad” Yoona said with happy tone “I has chosen him to be my husband~”

“I know haha”

“Yoona, Donghae! When will we become a grandparent?” Mrs.Im asked

“Mom!” Yoona pouted. Donghae didn’t say anything. He doesn’t like to talk about it.

“Haha! I just joked” Mrs.Im laughed.

“Donghae! How is your work?”

“Ah.... it’s good!” he smiled “I am telling to my father that he should invest more into entertainment because the Korean entertainment industry is growing strong”

“You right” Mr.Im nodded.

“Aishhhh ..... we are having dinner so don’t mention about works, let’s eat” Mrs.Im said

“Yes Mom!”

“Oppa~ This dish is delicious, you should try it” Yoona put the food into his bowl.

Donghae smiled at her “You too~ you should eat more. I don’t want to see you lose your weight~”

*******

When the car stopped, Yoona is the first one getting out off the car and the following is Donghae.

Yoona looked at Donghae who was taking for himself a glass of water.

“Oppa! I saw you seem to be unhappy tonight. Why?!” she said softly.

“I wasn’t...” he turned to her

“You was, oppa! Don’t lie to me...”

He sighed “I’m sorry. I’ve just tired..”

Yoona faked a smile “Oppa! Normally, when you said you were tired, I would reply to go to bed and take a rest. But today can you give me another excuse?! Do you know how did I feel?! And this is not the first time you acted like that!”

“I told you, didn’t I?! When you asked me for your marriage, I told you that it would be uneasy...”

“But I always tried my best to fulfill everything! I’ve waited for you. I tell everybody that I was living very happy, that you took care of me a lot, that we were in love deeply but the fact that you are trying to avoid me. That’s all I’m feeling now! You’re not honest with me!”

“Yoona ah, it’s not that I didn’t care about you, just afraid of hurting you...”

“You’re doing it right now, oppa~” her voice was trembling. She’s crying.

“At the beginning I thought I could love you as much as you loved me if I spent more time being with you. But then I realized that this love..... this relationship is not the one I have expected..”

“So what are you trying to tell me?! What did you expect?! Tell me and I’ll change...”

“Yoona! Don’t be like this!”

“Clearly you know I don’t want to be your sister forever! I want to be your love, your wife!”

“I’m sorry, Yoona!”

“Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! You think say sorry can solve all things you has done to me?! You are the one who ruined our relationship! You are the one who make me so painful with your stupid feeling!!!! Can you not simply accept me!?” Yoona ran upstair and locked herself in the bed room. She cried harder and harder.

Donghae felt so bad now. How can I say those words to her?!?- he mumbled

He knocked on the door “Yoona! I know I did hurt you so much. I still wanna say apologize...”

Yoona still cried and that’s all he knew was happening behind the locked door. He worried “Open the door, Yoona!”

“Why?!?” she yelled “You want to see how pity my condition is?! You may laugh at my blind love for you, right?!”

“I’ve never had that thought to you! I’m afraid of you will do something crazy!”

“I won’t. So now I want to be alone!”

Donghae sighed “I’m really sorry~” he said to her.

So bad! Does he really go away?!- Yoona whispered to herself as she didn’t hear any sounds from the outside.

Donghae went down to the living room where their fight started happening. He sat there in about 30 minutes to wait for her before he had left already.

*******

Jessica is laying on the red velvet sofa. She stared the white wallet with full of interest “He’ll be shock if he know I can take my wallet back. Tomorrow I’ll

run qway sneakily” she started laughing satisfied.But the happiness didn’t last long as she heard a sound.

“he’s coming!” she screamed in her head.

Jessica immediately got up and sat there seriously, pretended to watch the TV. “Ehmmmm” she pretended to clear when he went cross her. She thought he would go towards to her and try to fight with her as normally he does. However, she was wrong. He just glanced at her then walked away, left her with a stupid face.

“Did something happen to him?!” she asked “Should I go to ask him and help him?!?”

“Jessica! Jessica!!!! What are you thinking about?! Why do you have to care for him?!” Ghrrrrrrr...” she tapped on her cheeks repeatedly.

Quietly want to the bed room, Jessica laid her back into the bed, stretched her arms and was ready for sleeping until the sound of broken glass waked her up.

“What’s that?” Jessica jumped out of the bed then went to the kitchen to check it but there was nothing.

On the way back to her room, she noticed Donghae’s room was lighting. She looked through the crack and saw him was sitting there with some bottles of wine. She sighed. After few seconds, she decided to knock on the door.

“Donghae! Can we talk for a while?!”

Donghae looked towards the door. He thought she had slept already. “Come on in!” he replied.

Jessica sat down on the single cough beside him “What happened to you?! Did you break the things just because of your anger?!” she raised her eyebrows.

“It’s just an accident! I’m not trying to break it”

“Well... I .... I don’t want to put my hands in your problems. Because I’m not sure I can help you. But... if you don’t mind telling me, I’ll listen to you... You know~ sometimes sharing can make your burden become lighter...” she felt a bit awkward when she said those words. However, Donghae seemed not to be interested in her. He just stared at his glass.

“O-ok~ If you don’t want, I’ll not bother you anymore. I’m fine~” she turned away and was going to leave but his words kept her back.

“I’m just thinking how to tell you everything...”

“Don’t worry! I learn very fast!” she sat down again.

He smiled slightly and told her his story and she listened to him carefully, didn’t want to missed any details. There was no awkwardness or hesitation  between them and he didn’t see her as a stranger also. By the way, the lead of wine make him do it easier.

“Now You are thinking I was so crazy, right?!” Donghae smirked.

“I’m not!” she said “I just want to tell you there are things that you don’t like, you still have to do that”

“Hhhh! You said the same as Yoona”

Jessica didn’t care about him. She continued “If you don’t want, so you have to find another ways to solve it. Can you?!”

Her question surprised him a bit.

“You can’t, right?!?” she smiled “the fact that you can’t refuse this marriage. I was not going to make fun of you. But I think you should take responsibility for it. No matter what you had married her and she’s your wife now, you can’t push all the faults to her.... because it was yours too. Before all of this happened, had you ever tried to stopped the marriage?! Or you just let it be?!? You should think carefully, so carefully...” she shook her head showing her unsatisfied attitude.

“Are you an expert?!”

“I don’t dare to admit it but you can trust all I said”

“What else?!? What else do you want to advise me?!”

Jessica looked at him. She stopped in few seconds.

“When people are in love, they just want to be with their lover. They even do crazy things but beautiful in their eyes and don’t care about the others around them. I experienced it and finally I was betrayed. I was kicked out by him. He cheated on me~”

“What did you do?!”

“I....- Uhmmm Just forget it!” she winced her nose.

“Why?!?! Why did you cut it suddenly?!” he looked so curious.

“So why do I have to continue?!” she asked him back.

“Because I have told you my story...”

“Hah~~~ but I didn’t force you to do that! You are voluntary...”

“Are you playing with me now?~”

Jessica smiled slightly “I didn’t do anything...”

“Seriously!?”

She nodded “I cried and locked myself in a day. And then I completely feel normal. I thought why I had to be sad just because of that type of guy. It’s not worth! Maybe our love for each other wasn’t as much as we thought and I didn’t love him deeply enough to run follow him and take him back. I really didn’t want to do that...” she smiled at him making him confused a little bit.

“Hmmm...” he cleared his throat “if I was you, I’ll punch him right in the face”

Jessica chuckled because of his threat making Donghae feel happy too. “I think I had said too much~ so what are you going to do now?! At least Yoona love you with all her heart. She does everything to have you. Don’t be so selfish! Just do less think and close the distance between two of you. You’ll feel more relaxed..” she showed him her sweet smile “Ok that’s all I can say! Now I have something else to discuss with you”

“Me?!” he pointed his index finger at him.

“Yes! I really really need to leave. I can’t stay here like this. You know I have my own place to go.”

“You really want to go away?!”

“Of course! I’m going to leave tomorrow”

“Are you sure?!”

“Yes!... Of course!...” she pressed every word she said.

“Why?!”

“Yah! Can you stop acting as if you don’t understand what I say? So tell me why do you want me to be here?!”

Donghae just looked at her, didn’t say anything.

She continued “You are not my father, or my brother, even not my boyfriend also, right?! You are not any one of them, right?! So I don’t have any reason to be here...” she stood up “I hope you understand”

He finally smiled at her “I’ll take you there tomorrow!”

“No, no~ You don’t have to do that”

“This time I don’t think we can meet again after you leave”

Jessica hesitated at first then finally agreed with him.

 

Well, when you are trapped in a trouble, of course you’ll feel closer and have a special emotion towards a person who is trying to understand you and help you. And exactly Jessica is that person who makes him feel this way. Talking to her makes him feel so much better. She put herself into his position also to comment about the issue.

And Yoona, she just see everything from one side. She’s not his soulmate. She said she knew him very well because they grew up together but does she know what he really need is? Does she really understand him?! Now Donghae can sure 100% that Yoona doesn’t suit him and he doesn’t have to hesitate if she was the one his was looking for.

With Jessica, everything happens between them is so natural. Donghae doesn’t know why but he wants to keep this relationship. But she decided to leave here tomorrow. As he had said before, if she leaves, this may be the last time to see each other. We know a thing clearly that geographical distance can separate us apart even how we try to contact with each other. Day by day we won’t have any reasons to meet and contact. It can make our feeling fade away slowly. And then she’ll forget him and he will forget her neither. This is the thing that I scare the most! When we are no longer together, with our own way in this life, slowly we become stranger.....

Anyways, leaving is her decision. He’s nothing to her to stop her. Just be a new friend. Somehow, he still hopes tomorrow something will happen in sudden....

 

 

 

***********

Here I am... ^^ 

Wow... It's too late now when I'm updating this chapter...

I don't know how this chapter is. ^^ I think the last part has some of my emotion. I hope it won't bother you guys.

Thank you for your supports. I didn't know that there were still active readers here. It makes me touch, really~ and remind me of the days before.. maybe 5 or 6 years ago...~

Thank you so much!!! And HAPPY NEW YEAR~