Chapter 3

DISTINCTION

********

“What took you so long?” Eunhyuk says

“Nothing!” Donghae sits down next to his friend.

Donghae can’t stop thinking about that girl.

One hour later...

“Eunhyuk... Let’s go home! It’s late...”

“Aww Man~ I won’t choose to go with you if I need to go bar! You are so bored!”

“Stop grumbling, my friend! I just don’t want to show you my enthusiasm..” Donghae laughs “C’mon! Let’s go!” he taps Eunhyuk’s arm.

“Wait! You go first~”

“What’s wrong?”

“I’ll catch a taxi...” he says “to go to meet Hyohyun!”

“What are you doing with her now? It’s too late! She may have a goodnight- sleep!”

“Aye~ I just miss her! Btw she is still awake because I’ve just texted her.”

“C’mon I’ve just seen you with another girl! You are unbelievable!!! Tsk... tsk ...tsk..” Donghae shakes his head.

“Yah! I just talked to her normally! You can go to ask her if you don’t believe me! You know I just have Hyohyun in my heart only” he pushes him “Now go go go!!!”

“Ok! This guy! I’ll watch over you!” Donghae chuckles “See you later!”

.......

Donghae gets into his car and tightens the seat belt, his phone vibrates.

A message! He opens it

From: Yoona

Oppa~ What’re you doing?  I’m waiting for you~

From: Donghae

Yoona~ Don’t wait for me! I’m not sure when I will be home. I have gone to somewhere with Eunhyuk.

From: Yoona

You are going with Eunhyuk!? Alright! Be careful with him! ;)

From: Donghae

Good night Yoona!

*******

Donghae stops to wait for traffic light. He suddenly realizes that blonde. She is surrounded by three girls.

“She seems a bit annoyed with those girls.” He thought

He’s surprised when he sees she is pushed on the ground “What are they doing? She is bullied again? I said working here wasn’t easily!”

Those girls walk away and leave her on the ground. The girl quietly stands up and picks her things. She turns and sees the bus is coming. She quickly runs to catch the bus just in time.

“WAIT!!! WAIT!!!” she yells hoping a driver can hear her but she doesn’t succeed. She gasps because of yelling while running “I’m so unlucky!” she mumbles

“Need a lift?”

The girl looks up as she hears the man’s voice. She is surprised “It’s you again!?”

She sees him is getting off the car. She quickly stands up and starts to run but a hand grabs her arm and turns her around.

“Not so fast, Miss!” he smirks

She constantly hit his hand trying to escape from his tight grab “let me go!” she yells “what do you want from me? Money? I get it! Give me time and I’ll give you back...” she starts losing her control.

“Yah!” Donghae wants to stop this girl but she doesn’t let him do that.

“But at least you should tell me instead of tracking me like this! You figure that having money means having everything? Acting like this makes you not different from those guys at the bar!”

“What?!” he is shocked by her words. What the hell is going on??? I’ve just wanted to help her. At least she should say thank you to me and the money, I even didn’t think about that! I know she is under pressure, she is bullied, she is very scare but she shouldn’t tell me in that impolite way!- Many things is running in his mind now.

“Listen! Firstly, if I want to take my money back, of course I have to follow you! Besides, you also didn’t give me a chance to talk... Secondly, you think I like to intervene your personal life? Please! It bothers me a lots! I don’t want to care about the world but it’s still happening in front of my eyes!” he raises his voice.

The girl bites her lower lip while looking straight at his eyes. She is trying not to cry but her tears still falling down on her cheeks. She doesn’t know why but feels more calm down when he looks at her like that even though he’s just yelled at her and his face seems to be serious. She wipes her tears.

“Can we go to some where for a talk? Everybody is looking at us...” she points at his car.

See him doesn’t say anything she said “I’ll get in first!” then she quietly go towards his car.

******

“I’m Donghae, Lee Donghae! What’s your name?” he breaks the silence between them

“Jung SooYeon! Everyone usually calls me Jessica”

“Ok Jessica, what’s your address? I’ll take you there!” he asks

“uhmm..~”

“Why??”

“... Can you take me around? I don’t want to go home right now”

“Are you sure?” he turns to her “Don’t you scare me dong something bad to you?”

Jessica just looks straight and shakes her head.

.....

“Want some music?” he asks

“umh..”

When Donghae is turning up the volume, he hears a weird sound. He looks at her. Jessica immediately turns her head away to avoid him.

“My stupid stomach!” she mumbles to herself.

Donghae chuckles “I guess you haven’t had your dinner before...”

.... During their eating, Donghae asked her some questions about herself and her family. Jessica seemed not to wanna talk about it and he could see it through her short answers and her attitude. He decided to change the topic to the food to make her comfortable.

Jessica looks at him and reminds everything he did for her.

“Why do you stare at me like that?” he smiles

“Nothing~” she shakes her head. God~ his smile really attracts me!- she thinks.

“Don’t worry about the job!” he says.

Right! Job! I quitted at the bar!- she yells in her head.

Donghae sees her doesn’t say anything so he continues “come to my house and help K. She is housekeeper!”

“Is it okay??” she hesitates. Have a job is important to her in this time.

“Why not?!” he shrugs.

“How.... how about my salary?”

“K will tell u when you meet her”

Jessica nods but she is still hesitated! They have just met each other and working in his house is a crazy decision for a girl like her. Who knows if he and that K would have a collaboration to trick her?! Or they will kidnap her? No no no, Jessica! Donghae seems not like that kind of person. He treated her very well. She shouldn’t doubt his kindness. But still she has to be careful in case the worst situation would happen...

There are many thoughts running on her mind while she is waiting for Donghae, which makes her unconscious enough to realize that his car has stopped in front of her already.

“Miss!” he calls her.

His face suddenly appears in front of hers that startles her a bit. She quickly steps back to keep her balance and makes sure the distance between them is not too close.

He chuckles “Are you not going home?!” he opens the car door for her.

“Can I see your house where I will work?” she asks him

He smiles “of course!”

.....

Donghae glances at her then focuses on the road again.

“You can tell me the reason why you don’t want to go home, Jessica”

She looks at him and turns away

“It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me” he his hair

She smiles “Actually this is a small apartment. My sister have moved to the dorm so i’m at home alone...”

“Where’s your parent?”

“I-...”

“....” he turns to her

“My mom passed away and dad... He has remarried and living in America. I decided to be here and my sister too. She didn’t want to leave me alone then we lived with our neighborhood”

“Jessica, I know this will make you sad but if your dad still loved you, he wouldn’t leave without his daughters”

“I don’t know anymore! I had thought like you but what can I do? Anyways, we’re his daughter. He still sends us money every each month. My sister is younger than me by 2 years. When she graduated from high school, I quitted at university to spend all money for her. I didn’t want to use his money also. I used to have a stable job but the company was insolvent and I turned to the restaurant but it wasn’t good as I expected.”

“You must have many working experiences...”

She chuckles “I think so..”

Donghae didn’t think that she could tell him many things about her life. He thought it’s not easy to tell somebody your personal life unless you know and trust them.

 

 

 

 

*********

Updeated!!!!! Enjoy!!!

^^

I love you!

Haesica forever and always.