The Skye's the Limit (Teaser 4)

:|: Living in the Fast Lane :|:

Five o'clock.

Finally, it was five o'clock. Her shift was over and now she could leave. That mere thought encouraged the red haired woman greatly. Though she loved working at the little electronics shop, it was merely a means to earn money for her. It wasn't a place where she wanted to spend every waking minute at. So, when the clock chimed five, Hanuel was pulled out of her silent musings as she had been resting her cheek in her palm. A huge smile lit up her olive-skinned face as she raised her arms above her head and stretched.

"Aish, finally," she mumbled as she gathered up her bag and jacket from under the counter.

The young girl turned her attention to the other worker of the little shop, a woman who was the same age as her who had long, wavy brown hair. The other woman looked unbelievably tired - which was to be expected in all honesty. Besides working at the electronics store, she also ran her own little salon. She was constantly juggling her time between the two shops and it was taking its toll on the beautiful woman.

"Bora-yah," Hanuel called out to the woman softly as she placed a hand gently on her shoulder, "Are you getting enough sleep?"

The other woman made a sound in the back of before turning to look at the young gang member, "Don't worry, I'm fine. It's just been a long day."

With that said, Bora began to gather her things up and quickly counted the money in the register. Hanuel could have left at that point, but she always stayed and waited for Bora to finish. Once she counted the money, gathered it together, put it in an envelope with the amount written on it, she placed it in the safe in the office. As the slim girl walked out of the office and picked up her belongings, she linked arms with Hanuel as they walked out of the shop - Bora made sure to lock up before they turned down the side walk. The girls' cars were around the shopping complex and on the other side of the electronics shop.

"Why do you work two jobs, Bora-yah? You make enough at the electronics shop to get by and be happy, so why?" Hanuel asked as they stepped into the parking lot.

A small smile lit up the beautiful woman's face, "Why?" she started softly, "Because owning a salon has been a little dream of mine. It's fun and something I want to do. That's why I put up with two jobs," Bora answered with a faraway look in her brown eyes.

Hanuel could do nothing but smile and shake her head at the woman, "Alright, whatever you say Bora."

The red haired woman stood by the driver's side door of her red, Chevrolet Camaro LS as her friend spoke up, "So, how's that thing with Seunghyun going?"

The smile on Hanuel's face disappeared as she sighed irritably, "Aish. Don't remind me about that," she groaned before she opened the door and slid into the seat.

It didn't take long for the twenty-two year old to peel out of the parking lot - tires screeching away - and to head towards the house most of the members of Street Lethal stayed at. What Bora had said had put her in a fairly unpleasant mood, even if the other woman hadn't meant to. But, alas, it couldn't be help. No matter what she did, the fact of the matter is that Seunghyun was dating Bom and Hanuel couldn't do anything about it. In truth, she wouldn't do anything about it. For some reason, the woman couldn't find it in herself to hate the beautiful, sweet Bom - and she would never want to hurt Seunghyun by sabotaging their relationship. So, Hanuel chose to do nothing. She would suffer in silence.

"Aish, I need to stop thinking about this," she groaned as she ruffled up her own bangs.

The red head huffed for a moment before her right hand went searching for something in the center consuel. Her fingers reached around blindly since she wasn't stupid enough to take her eyes from the road. After a few seconds, she found what she had been looking for and pulled it out with a huge green on her face. A lollipop. She had found a cherry lollipop that she had stashed in her car. Quickly, she unwrapped the sugary treat and popped the thing into . Almost instantly, Hanuel felt a bit better than earlier - the magic of lollipops shouldn't be underestimated.

It wasn't long after that when the woman pulled into the wide driveway in front of Street Lethal's house. Putting her Camaro into park, and engaging the emergency brake, Hanuel turned off her car and stepped out. With her lollipop still hanging between her lips, she walked into the house with a lighter heart than earlier.

"Noona!"

As soon as she placed one foot inside the house, a rather tall, brunette who sported a denim jacket came barreling out of nowhere and tackled the older woman to the ground. Hanuel nearly chocked on the sweet treat as she began gasping for a breath since the wind had been knocked out of her. The boy was rattling on about something or another, but it all went in one ear and out the other. The red head was still trying to regain her bearings after all.

"Yah! Jihoon! Get off of me!" she yelled at the boy, opting to call him by his real name in hopes to get her point across.

For a moment, the boy was silent, before a loud gasp sprung forth from his throat, "Omo, I'm so sorry noona!" he all but exclaimed as he hopped off the woman.

Groaning, Hanuel pushed herself up and stood before the taller boy. She began dusting herself off and muttering under her breath about how one day she would kill this kid. As she was grumbling on and on, Jihoon - also known as P.O. - stood in front of her a bit awkwardly. A slight blush painted his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. When Hanuel caught sight of the now shy Jihoon, she raised an eyebrow at him that clearly asked what.

"I'm sorry noona. I was just excited since I haven't seen you in awhile," he finally voiced his thoughts in his deep voice, albeit shyly.

The glare Hanuel was giving the boy could have frozen an ocean. But, after a few seconds, it lightened up immensely and she slung an arm around the boy's neck only to quickly put him a chock hold.

As the boy was slightly gasping for breath, Hanuel spoke up with a smile, "Aish, I haven't been gone that long! You make it sound like I left the country!"

"Noona!" Jihoon groaned out through his abuse.

Finally, the older woman decided to release the boy as she began to laugh at him mumbling under her breath about her being abusive. Even though she would never tell him, hanging out with Jihoon would always cheer her up - no matter what was on her mind. Right now was no exception. Even though the lollipop had lifted her spirits, just messing around with the younger boy made her forget her problems for a little while. And she was thankful for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, first of all, sorry about this teaser taking so long to get out. Life decided to be like, "Hey, Sam's having a lazy week, let's give her all the tests!" I've been pretty busy. Any who, congratulations to moonie and Oh Hanuel! I hope I am portraying your character to your liking - if not, please let me know. That goes for everyone! If, at any point, you feel like I'm not doing your character justice, tell me. It won't offend or upset me. I don't want you guys to suffer in silence and hope for the best - just let me know. Also, in regards to everyone's car, please tell me if you want to keep it to the numbers - all original parts unless something goes bad - or if you want me to 'supp them up a bit. And if so, tell me what you want. Not necessarily the part, but what do you want to happen because of it getting something different. Faster, sturdier, more torque, etc.

Okay, so, everyone knows the deadline is just around the corner. I want to hear your guys' opinion on something. More than likely, after the deadline, I will choose everyone else in a group selection - not one by one like I've been doing. So, my question is, do you want me to do individual teasers like I have been - even if that means another 4-5 teasers - or maybe group teasers. A teaser per each team. Like, if I chose two more people for Street Lethal, I would just make one teaser for both of them. Or, would you guys just want me to start the story?

And lastly, an interesting car fact. In 1964, Ford produced 33 stock parade cars and 2 - or 3 - 1964 Indy 500 Pace Car. These were convertible Mustangs that were supped up in order to take the fast speeds. For those of you who don't know, a pace car is simply a car that leads the rest of the racers around the track for one lap - allowing them to warm up their engines and tires - before the pace car gets out of the way for the race after that first lap. Now, this isn't the interesting part. It's the fate of these cars that is the interesting part. Normally, a pace car (or a replica) is given to the winner of the race. In this case, it was A. J. Foyt. Some say he got the pace car Benson Ford drove and later wrecked it. HOWEVER! Indy officials state that all three of the pace cars were returned to Ford. Apparently, they were sent to Holman-Moody race shop in North Carolina. Then, from there, one was sent to Sebring, Flordia for pace car duty; another, perhaps, went to Watkins Glen, New York for the same job. And it is believed the third want was possibly sent to California - maybe Riverside - to become a pace car there as well. But, only one of the three pace cars - the one sent to Sebring, Flordia - has since resurfaced. The fate of the other two is a mystery.