In dazed

Complicated relationship.. Not related but eventually connected.

 

Hanin and Jonghun were there as promised. Hongki asked them to wait at the bus stop. They will meet there to go to Wonbin’s uncle’s cafe. But, after 10 minutes waiting, the brothers still didn’t show up.

“Where are they?” Jonghun mumbled.

He looked at Hanin who looks weird. “Are you okay? You look sick”

“Nothing. I’m find” She stated.

“Hyung!” They heard someone is yelling towards them. It’s Jaejin.

He stopped in front of them. He is out of breath after running like he is an Olympic runner.

“Sorry we’re late. Hongki hyung woke up late. He is still on his way here. He don’t want to run with his ‘stylish’ cloths” he said with guilty expression. 

“So, why are you running? You can just call us” Hanin asked.

“Aish. Why am I running for?” Jaejin talk to himself.”Hehe... It didn’t come in mind” He said with a grin. Still pants.

“Yah....! Jaejin, why are you running? You make me look stupid walking so fast. It will destroy my image” Hongki said as he came towards them while trying to tidy up his hair.

“Hyung, your friends are weird. But.... cute” Hanin said to Jonghun with a chuckled.

“Let’s go. Wonbin is waiting for us. You know the way right?” Jonghun asked Hongki.

“Of course” Hongki said with full confident.

**********************************************************

 

****Wonbin’s uncle’s cafe (Island Cafe)****

“Where are they? It has been an hour” Wonbin mumbled. He is waiting almost an hour at his uncle’s cafe. He had set up and rearranged the equipments on the small stage for more than 10 times while waiting for them. He can’t wait anymore.

He’s trying to call Hongki’s phone. When he heard the other side of the phone picked up, he asked without greeting. “Hongki, where are you?”

“Uh?..... Ermm..... Wonbin..... y-yo-our uncle’s cafe..... where is it?” Hongki asked.

“WHAT? You said you know the way. You were here before” Wonbin asked in disbelief.

“Aish... I thought I know the way... but... its confusing.... and I was there a week ago. Its a looong time” Hongki tried to make excuses.

“I’ve should know this will happen” Wonbin thought. “Okay, listen to me. Try to write it somewhere. The cafe name is Island Cafe. And where are you now?” Wonbin tried to calm himself.

“Ermm...in front of..... a laundry shop... Bubble?” Hongki tried to read the name of the shop.

“Yah! Pabo! This cafe is just two doors after that shop” Wonbin yelled to the phone.

 “Ahhh! I’ve found it!” Hongki sounds excited. He hung up. 

Tling!!! The doors wide open.

Hongki looks very excited when entering the doors. Jaejin, Jonghun and Hanin follow right after him.

“Hi Bin! I don’t know your uncle runs a cafe. With all this equipments” Jonghun eyes caught on the small stage at the end of the corner.

“Oh. He just started a few months ago. I work here sometimes. And about the equipments, he asked me to search for a live band to play here. That’s why I want us to have a band. This may be our starting point to become professional musician” Wonbin explain to Jonghun.

“This is absolutely great! So, we can practice here? When will we start perform here?” Jonghun ask with excitement.

“This cafe will open in the evening until night. So, we can practice here during the day. The live band is on every Saturday. And we will perform when we are ready” Wonbin tried to get more attention from his friends who looks more interested with the stage then him. Except Hanin. She looks a little pale.

“Are you okay?” Wonbin tried to be nice.

“Ah? Yeah. I’m okay. Are we gonna start practice today?” she asked. She’s hiding her pain.

“I’m not planning to, but they look like they can’t wait any longer. Maybe just for a while” he replied while looking at his friends. He gave his angel smile to Hanin.

Hanin is not looking towards Wonbin when she asked, but when she turns to Wonbin, she felt like being struck by electric current. His angel smile made her speechless. She didn’t know he can smile.

‘Why didn’t he smile when we were at the jamming studio? Maybe he is not welcome me by that time. Maybe he’s accepting me now’ Hanin’s thoughts keep running in her head.

Jonghun, who is looking at both of them, felt he had success to make them talk to each other.

“Okay, can we start now? I can’t wait to let my baby try this” Jonghun gave the instruction as the leader to them. He refers his guitar as his baby.

All of them take their places. Wonbin gave them the song that he just wrote. He and Jonghun usually wrote the songs and Jaejin with Hongki will come out with the lyrics later. As what they are majoring at.

“I make it simple so Hanin can follow us” Wonbin stated and throw his look to Hanin who is still processing the piece of paper he just gave.

“Let’s try it. Hongki, just mumble whateva come out from your head like you always do” Jonghun give the order.

 After half an hour practicing, Hanin seems still can’t play properly. Her and tempo are messed up.

Wonbin is getting pissed off. “Hey, can’t you play properly? What’s going on with you? Yesterday you look so confident with your skills. What happen today? Lost the skills?”

The others just looked at her with a confused look. Jonghun can’t help but feeling a bit disappointed with her.  Jaejin and Hongki just keep silent. They don’t want anything get worst.

But Jonghun felt someone is watching them since they started. And he don’t want Hanin keep being scolded by Wonbin.

Wonbin keep scolding her with harsh questions.  Without his knowing, Hanin becomes teary and just left. Wonbin felt guilty rushed him.

Jonghun rush to follow Hanin. He can feel something is wrong with his ‘dear’.

Then, he found Hanin is crying in one of the room at the back of the cafe.

“What’s wrong?” he asked when he sit beside her. Trying to comfort her.

“Just this. I can’t play with this” Hanin show her hand to him. Her hand had few cuts. And its started to bleed.

***Flashback to Hanin’s house***

“Noona, we are here” Minhwan is calling for his sister.

“In the kitchen” Hanin answered him. She is still trying to prepare the ingredients to make the dinner. Their parents are away for a few weeks with Jonghun’s parents. Their parents are close as them too. So, she’s trying to test her cooking skills with her happiness.

“Noona, why did you want to make dinner? You are the one who hates the kitchen. Are you my noona?” Minhwan still trying to sister. Seunghyun, Hyunhee and Hyunsoo follow him to the kitchen.

“Just shut up. I’m happy now. Don’t destroy my mood now. And I’m trying to make your chicken soup. So, please be thankful” Hanin warn his brother.

“Oh, welcome to the newcomer. You must be Hyunhee’s twin. Nice to meet you” Hanin greet Hyunsoo when she notice her.

” You all please wait for a while. I’ll make it as fast as I can. Wait in front. Do what you always do here” Hanin said to all of them. Seunghyun always come to their house to play with Minhwan and Hyunhee just come for a few times to do homeworks with them.

“Can I help you?” Hyunsoo asked when Minhwan, Seunghyun and Hyunhee turns o go to the hall.

She really likes to cook. Her sister is like the opposite of her. They just have two things in common. They have the pretty face, thanks to their parents, and their interest in music. But, appearance and attitude, people will not believe they are twins.

“Are you good with cooking? I know Hyunhee is not good in cooking” Hanin tried to ask.

“Just a bit. I always cook at home. Mom just don’t let my sister cook. She said my sister will get into trouble when she do” Hyunsoo answer with humble.

“So, you are welcome to help me. Oh no, you must help me. This is my first time cooking this. I’m regretting now. I shouldn’t boast to Minhwan about my skill” Hanin confess to Hyunsoo.

“That’s okay, I’ll help you. So, what are you cooking?” Hyunsoo hands starts working. She is looking to the ingredients.

“Chicken soup! Minhwannie’s favourite” Hanin said with a smile.

“Alright then, I’ll get the chicken ready. Can you cut the vegetables?” Hyunsoo try to give orders.

“Sure” Hanin then starts to get the vegetables and cut them while Hyunsoo is dealing with the dead chicken.

After finished with the chicken, Hyunsoo turns to Hanin.”Are you done?” Hyunsoo asked, but she noticed Hanin’s hands are having few cuts.

“Unnie! Your hand!” Hyunsoo quickly get Hanin’s hands and washed it.

“What? It’s nothing. Just a few cuts. I can handle this” Hanin give a smile to Hyunsoo who look concern.

“Okay, just don’t do anything. We’re almost finished. Just need to get those into the pot. I’ll do it. Then, we just need to wait until it cooked” Hyunsoo assured her while helping her to put the plasters to her hand.

After Hyunsoo put the chicken and vegetables into the pot, both of them walk to the hall. Hanin still need to help Hyunhee with the subject. They’ll eat after they’re done with it.

“Wait, don’t tell them. I don’t want Minhwan to worry about me. He’ll never let me get into the kitchen again if he knew” Hanin said to Hyunsoo.

Hyunsoo just nodded. “Just don’t hold anything that can hurt you. The pain will be worst and it will bleed again. You’ll be in great pain” she instructed Hanin like a nurse.

“You’ll be a great dongseng for me. Thanks for this and that” Hanin smile while showing her hand and pointing at the kitchen. She felt like she had a little sister. She always wants a sister. She will treat them like her own sister from now.

***End of flashback***

 

After Hanin told Jonghun what happen, Jonghun give her a smile.

“What’s that smile for?” she asked Jonghun. Still in pain.

“You are a really good sister. Try to cook for Minhwannie huh? Fortunately Hyunsoo is there. And why must you pretend that it didn’t hurt? I know you can’t stand even a little pain. Try to look like a big sister?” Jonghun give her questions by questions.

He knew Hanin for so long. She will cry even just because a shot by the doctor. She will try to look strong in front of Minhwan, but, she’ll come to him and cry. But, her ego is thicker than a man.

Hanin just keep being silent. “i’ll get some medicine and plaster from my bag. Wash it first. I’ll be right back” Jonghun left to get his bag.

 Hanin go to the sink and wash her hand. The cuts started to bleed again. And the pain came.

At that moment someone get her hands and try to dry the blood with a handkerchief. She just too shocked and starts to process the scene in her head.

“Just stay like that. Don’t let it open. It’ll get worst” Wonbin said to Hanin who still look shocked.

He followed Jonghun. He was filled with guilty. And he heard Hanin started to talk about what actually happen to her, and his guiltiness increased. He wants to help. He don’t want to look Hanin in pain.

“Ermm.... thanks. And sorry for today. I’ve ruined today’s practice. I’ll make sure it will be better next time” she said while looking on the floor. She can’t lift her head up. She felt sorry and embarrassment towards him.  

“Don’t. Don’t push yourself if you can’t. And I’m sorry for my harsh words. Again. Okay?” Wonbin asked her. His hand lift her chin up.

Their eyes just locked by each other. Without he known, their lips are attached. Both of them are shocked and pulled themself backwards.

“Uhm.. I’m sorry” Wonbin don’t know what he should do. Hanin still in silent. Still in a daze.

“Uhm... I’ll call Jonghun. He should be here with the medicine” Wonbin left with a lot of thoughts.

 

At that moment, Jonghun is looking at the girl who is looking at the room where Hanin is. She looks shocked. He comes nearer.

“What are you looking at?” He asked.

“Ah? Nothing” She answered and left.

Jonghun still looking the the girl when suddenly Wonbin come out from the room.

“Oh, you’re here. You should hurry. Hanin’s hands will get worst if you’re still here” Wonbin said and left.

“Why is everyone talks to me a sentence and left?”Jonghun talk to himself with a confused look. Then, he remembered Hanin. He comes into the room and he saw Hanin are sitting like a statue. Froze.

“Are you just saw a ghost? You look funny” Jonghun starts to giggled.

“Ah. Nothing” Hanin answered without a soul.

Then he starts to put the medicine and plaster to Hanin’s hand. She’s still a statue. Not saying a word. The silence remained.

“Okay. Done. Let’s go home. They are going home too. You need to rest” Jonghun give her a hand to help her stand.

“You are weird today. Do you know that?” Jonghun tried to talk to Hanin while they walk to their friends. She looks strange and she’s not answering his question. He assumed that she is tired.

“ Let’s get going. I don’t think we can continue today’s practice. Wonbin, thanks for the place. We’ll be here tomorrow. Hope she’ll be better” Jonghun pack his things. He get his guitar and Hanin’s drumsticks.

Hongki and Jaejin started to clean the place too. They want to get to the mall. Wonbin will stays there. He needs to work tonight.

They’re saying goodbye to each other. And suddenly someone caught Jonghun’s attention.

“Who is she?” Jonghun asked Wonbin before going out.

“Who? She? She’s a worker here, Minri. A new worker. I don’t know her well too. Why?” Wonbin said while looking at the girl in the shop.

“Uh. Nothing. Just curious. I saw her just now” Jonghun explained.

"See you later" Jonghun leave followed by Hanin who's still not talking...

 

 

 

Oh my..... not an interesting chapter... need to do better.....