Chapter 1

Complicated relationship.. Not related but eventually connected.

 

“Hyung! Wait for me!” Hanin tried to catch up on Jonghun who run really fast to catch the bus. “Dear, stop calling me hyung. It’s for Minhwan. You are supposed to call me ‘Oppa’” Jonghun said soon after they reach their sits.

Like always, they always have to run to catch the bus. They need to attend their classical theory music class. Jonghun is a year older than Hanin but their parents want them to attend the same class. Hanin parents want Jonghun to take care of her. But her boyish personality doesn’t need it. She just need a friend to attend that class and it is Jonghun.

Hanin and Jonghun are neighbours since they’re kids. They played together with Minhwan, Hanin’s little brother. Since they’re kids, Hanin called Jonghun ‘hyung’. She don’t want to be different from Minhwan. She want Jonghun and Minhwan to play with them without saying ‘You are a girl. We are boys’ . Even when they are now attending university, Hanin still call Jonghun as ‘hyung’.

“Don’t want to. You have to be at least 5 years older from me to make me call you ‘oppa’ and stop calling me ‘DEAR’. I’m not your ‘dear’. People will think we’re couple.” Hanin starts her attack.

“There is no way they will think us as a couple. Because you’re calling me hyung. A girlfriend didn’t call her boyfriend as ‘hyung’. And I can’t stop calling you ‘dear’ because you are my ‘dear dongseng’ forever.” Jonghun said with his sweetest smile. Hanin can’t do anything with that. She just sigh.

Jonghun, Hanin and Minhwan are really close with each other. And because their family’s name are ‘Choi’ , sometimes people think they’re real siblings and they don’t mind about it. They love being each other siblings.

*After class*

“I want to meet my friends. Did u wanna come?” Jonghun ask Hanin. “Can I?” Hanin ask back with her puppy eyes. “That’s weird. You never want to come along when I want to meet my friends. Usually, you just sit in the cafeteria with your mp3. Why today?” Jonghun’s curiosity increased. “Yah! That’s because of you. I left my mp3 at home when you started yelling in front of my house this morning” her voice’s sounds annoyed. Jonghun smirked, then he laughed. “So, you don’t want to be alone here? Alright then, you can come, my dear” He smirked again. “Stop that smirking.” She mumbled.

Jonghun know, she hates to be alone. If she is, she has to be with her mp3. Hanin is the only daughter and she didn’t talk much with strangers. And she don’t know how to make friends. She just have friends at school. People who just look at her appearance will assume her as a shy girl, because her style doesn’t look so boyish. But, when she start to become hyper and talkative, her true self will appear.

*At a jamming studio”

“Why didn’t he come yet? We need to hurry.” Wonbin stop playing his guitar and ask Hongki and Jaejin who busy with their bass guitar and mic. “Just wait hyung. You’re the one who didn’t tell him earlier. He has to leave his ‘dear dongseng’ somewhere.” Jaejin said without looking at Wonbin.

 “Dear dongseng!! I want to see her!”Hongki’s sudden shouts startled Jaejin and Wonbin. “ Yah!! Don’t shouts” Wonbin hit Hongki’s head. Hongki is the oldest among them, but his childish act can’t be compared to anyone. Even Jaejin, his younger brother, can’t do anything, just can sighed.

At that moment, Jonghun and Hanin arrived. Hanin founds Jonghun’s friends are cute acting like that. “Hey guys! Sorry late. My dongseng want to come along. You didn’t mind right?” Jonghun ask after seeing his friends doing silly things they always do. He deliberately mentioned Hanin to stop them.

Wonbin, Hongki and Jaejin look shocked with that guest. “Your dongseng? Never mind, she can be our first audience. Right hyung??” Jaejin said while giving Hanin his angel smile and throwing looks at Wonbin.. “Dear dongseng??!!” Hongki jumps towards Hanin with his eye smile.  

Dush! *Hanin hit Hongki*

Hanin can’t controlled her response. She’s shocked with that sudden approached. And everyone are shocked with her response. Hongki touch his face. Its hurt.

“Wow! You are a really strong for a girl.”Hongki try to look cool while sitting on the chair. “SORRY! Really sorry.” Hanin can’t stop feels guilty even when Hongki had convinced her that he’s okay.

Wonbin can’t stop looking at her. Something attracted him to look at her. “She’s different” he thought by himself.

After a while, Jonghun, Wonbin, Hongki and Jaejin starts to talk about want to form a band. “But we don’t have drummer” Jaejin sigh.

“I want to be your drummer!!” everyone startled again. “Hanin? What did u say?” Jonghun ask for confirmation. “ I. Want. To. Be. Your. Drummer” “You know i can play drum. Don’t deny it”Hanin really want to join them. She love bands but her parents wants her to be a violinist.

“But, You are a girl” Hongki, Jaejin and Jonghun stated. “So what?” Hanin don’t wanna lose this chance. “No.”Wonbin stated with a strict tone. “I don’t want any girl. She’ll be whining and nagging” Wonbin really not gonna approved her into their band. Hanin feels like wanna shot him with a gun. “He’s annoying.” She said to Jonghun while staring at Wonbin. “I’m not that type of girl”she added.

“Let’s give her a chance to prove it”Hongki suddenly speak. Wonbin looked at Hongki with those unbelievable eyes. “What? She wants to. Why can’t a girl be a drummer?”Hongki thought it will be great if she can join them. Hongki’s words draw a smile on Hanin’s face. 

 

-----------------------------------*************************------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Minhwan and Seunghyun are sitting on a bench when Hyunhee come. “Hey boys, this is my twin, Hyunsoo” Hyunhee greet them. “Hello” Hyunsoo greet them. “Why did you bring her? You said she’ll always busy” Seunghyun ask Hyunhee. “Nah.. She said she’s busy. Actually she’s busy reading her novels. I brought her here for her to have friends with human, not books” Hyunhee said while snatching Hyunsoo novel. “Speak. Don’t read” Hyunhee stated while her hands busy searching for her mp3. 

"Hey, wanna try something new??" Minhwan ask out of the blue.

Everyone looked puzzled hearing that question

 

 

 

 

 

 

=========What happen to Hanin? What did Minhwan wanna do??=================