Dance Partner: Part 4

[Collection] Stories From The Universe That Aliens Tell About Humans

Jongin sat beside Krystal, watching Sehun and Sulli’s duet performance. His two friends had been assigned an overtly bubbly pop song, and they were matching it well with an upbeat dance routine, Sehun even lifting Sulli on a few occasions. Jongin was thoroughly impressed. At the end of their performance, the crowd showered the couple with a massive round of applause.

“Since when was Sulli such a good dancer?” Krystal remarked, clapping with the crowd. Jongin looked at her and grinned. “What?” she said, putting her hands out in front of her defensively. Jongin just shook his head lightly.

Finally, it was Jongin and Krystal’s turn. They stood in the darkness of the side of the stage, and Krystal put up her hand to Jongin for a high five, while Mrs. Ok introduced them.

“Before the Kim Jongin and Jung Krystal group, there will be a special presentation,” announced Mrs. Ok.

Jongin and Krystal frowned at each other. They hadn’t heard about any special presentation.

The audience applauded, and the stage darkened, except for one single spot in the center. Jongin watched as the central spot of the stage slid open, and out from under the stage, a guy climbed up, using a flight of stairs Jongin hadn’t known existed under there.

Krystal cursed. The guy who had come up the stairs was Hyungshik. Jongin just stared, confused.

“Hey everyone, it’s me, Hyungshik,” said Hyungshik, into a microphone he already held in his hand. He wore a comfortable, showy smile, addressing the audience in a relaxing tone. “I have a special song to sing to this special person.”

With that, background music began to play through the stage speakers, and Hyungshik turned to the side of the stage, in Jongin and Krystal’s direction. He began to sing a slow ballad song, and held out his hand toward Krystal, signaling for her to come forward. Krystal shook her head defiantly.

When no ‘special person’ showed up on stage, Hyungshik, with a tentative look toward the audience, came toward Krystal, grabbed her by her hand, and dragged her on. Jongin continued to stare with his mouth open as all of this occurred in front of him. Hyungshik was trying to maintain his showy smile, singing his romantic song, but Krystal was struggling against Hyungshik’s grip, her expression clearly unhappy. Hyungshik was stronger, and when Krystal kept resisting, he yanked him toward her, hard.

In a flurry movement, Krystal’s body shot toward Hyungshik, colliding with him, and the two of them fell, into the hole in the center of the stage. Jongin’s eyes widened in shock, and he ran forward, stopping at the edge of the hole and looking down.

“Oh my! Stop the music!” Mrs. Ok called into her microphone. The audience murmured noisily, trying to figure out what had happened.

“Krystal, are you okay?” Jongin called down.

“No!!!” she shouted.

 


 

Jongin pressed the doorbell, and heard the faint noise echo on the other side of the door. A young woman with light brown hair and the same, large and spunky eyes as Krystal let Jongin in.

“You must be Jongin!” the woman said. “I’m Jessica, Krystal’s older sister. Krystal told me you were coming. She’s in her room.”

Jongin nodded, as Jessica led her through a cozy looking living room and into a small hall, to a half-open door. “Yah, your friend is here,” Jessica called, and left Jongin to go in on his own.

Krystal’s room was messy. There were socks and school books scattered on the floor. She sat cross-legged on her bed, her right arm slung in a cast, biting her lower lip as Jongin came in.

“You can use my desk chair,” she said.

Jongin did as he was told and grabbed the chair from her desk, pulling it up beside the bed. The bed was lower than most bed, so that when he sat in the desk chair, he was still looking down at her.

“So how long is it going to take for your arm to get better?” he asked.

“Three weeks,” Krystal mumbled with a sigh. She bit her lower lip again, looking at Jongin apologetically.

Jongin eyed Krystal’s arm cast, then moved his gaze up to her face. He was mad, but only at Hyungshik, for making Krystal hurt her arm. When Krystal’s arm got better after three weeks, they would have to practice for their performance again, so they could actually perform it to be graded. Jongin would probably end up taking the lift out of their choreography, to lessen the physical strain on Krystal. He could understand why Krystal looked so sorry, even if he didn’t like to see her that way. “What happened to Hyungshik?” he said.

“Ugh, that douchebag,” Krystal cursed. “Apparently he sprained his ankle. Not that I care. But Mrs. Ok did yell at him for messing up the event he begged her to help him with.”

“So he’s gonna stop sending us food for practice?” Jongin joked with a smirk.

Krystal laughed dryly. “He’d better! I think being embarrassed in front of the school finally knocked some sense into his brain. I wanna kill him for doing this to my arm, but I am SO glad he screwed that up so bad!”

Jongin chuckled. It felt so good to watch Krystal finally enjoying her freedom from Hyungshik. Really, he just liked watching her. He got up from the desk chair and came to stand over her, next to her bed. She was short sitting on the low bed, so he had to lean down a lot, to bring his face close to hers. He brought a hand to her chin, and gently tilted her head up. When he kissed her, his body was bent in almost a ninety degree angle.

When Jongin pulled back, Krystal stared at him, caught momentarily speechless. Then, she exclaimed, “What was that Kim Jongin?!”

Jongin grinned as wide as his mouth would let him. He realized that he had wanted to do that for a really long time.

“I promise I can be a better boyfriend than Hyungshik,” he said.

 


 

 
Cameo Index

Sulli – Sulli from f(x)

Sehun – Sehun from EXO

Hyungshik – Hyungshik from ZE:A

Mrs. Ock – Ock Joohyun from 1st generation female idol group, Fin.K.L.

Miso – Miso from GLAM

Noh Minwoo – Minwoo from Boyfriend

Jessica – Jessica from Girls’ Generation

 

 


 

[A/N]

The final part of Dance Partner! I hope you enjoyed the story! And the cameos! Did you get them all~?

Please please anticipate who the next pairing will be!! And the 9 other ones to come after that!!

Thank you so very much for reading! I would also appreciate comments/criticism! :)