The King of Membership Training: Part 5

[Collection] Stories From The Universe That Aliens Tell About Humans

“I’m sure there’s some special kind of soap or something that gets permanent marker off of you easier,” said Naeun as she traced the halfway smudged, black swirls on Baekhyun’s arms, “Don’t go home and try to scrub your skin raw, okay? Especially your face.” She lifted her fingers up to his face and traced over the marker mustache someone had drawn under his nose. With a giggle, she also ran her hand over the words she herself had written on his forehead.

“You started all of this,” Baekhyun replied, smiling idiotically at Naeun’s touch. He squeezed her other hand tightly, the one he’d been holding the entire bus ride. She felt so, real. Her flawless skin, the light glow of the hand that fit into Baekhyun’s like a key in a lock, was so real. Baekhyun couldn’t believe that Naeun had actually become his own, but it was true now. He couldn’t believe anything that had happened last night. He kept saying silent prayers of thanks in his head, for being the luckiest person alive. He literally felt like he was on top of the world.  

“I only did it because the seniors told me to, sunbae!” Naeun argued in her defense. She reached for her phone and snapped yet another picture of Baekhyun and his marker covered face. That was the ninth picture she’d taken of him that entire morning. She kept laughing at him, her smile shining in Baekhyun’s eyes, making him want to grin until his jaws turned to stone.

Despite being the newly crowned King of MT, Baekhyun had been kicked out of his spot in Jungsoo’s car. His friends had decided to let Kwanghee ride along instead, leaving Baekhyun to catch a public bus home from the MT site, with the rest of the juniors. They had done it on purpose of course, Kwanghee had been all too clear of he and the rest of the guys’ intentions for tossing Baekhyun out, when he’d called as Baekhyun was leaving, “Be good you lovebirds!”

He and Naeun were now occupying a pair of seats on a public bus for a three hour ride back to their home town. The bus was bustling with a still very rowdy crowd of Wooju students, including Changhyun, the new, baby-faced junior MT Master.

Baekhyun flipped through the pictures Naeun had taken of him on her phone. After the number of pictures from this morning, he got to pictures of him from last night with the king’s crown, covered in silly string. And then pictures of him and his friends singing “Run to You”, and then, pictures of him he didn’t recognize. “Hey, when were these from?” he asked.

Naeun smiled mischievously, taking the phone from Baekhyun. “Oh, those,” she said, “Those, are from the night you don’t remember,” she said.

“Crap,” Baekhyun muttered.

Seeing the pictures did nothing to help Baekhyun recall what he couldn’t remember from that night. They were just pictures of him standing on top of a chair in the middle of the crowd, holding a beer can in each of his hands.

“Naeun-ah, can you please tell me what I did that night? There’s no way I’m ever gonna remember,” Baekhyun pleaded, pushing his best pouty face close to her.

She didn’t even budge, just looked at him fondly, in that way that always made Baekhyun go nuts, every, single, time. “Sunbae, I’m really glad you did everything you did that night. Even what you said in front of everyone. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be here like this. Right?”

Baekhyun knitted his eyebrows together, even though he already had a fake uni-brow drawn on him with permanent marker. “Why do you say that? I would have confessed to you last night, regardless of what happened that other night. I had it planned out,” he argued.

“Oh, really?”

He shifted in his seat, the rash black marks all over his legs flashing into his view. “Yeah, at least, I think so. I made it my goal the very first time I saw you at the beginning of the MT. You, and the King of MT,” Baekhyun remarked.

“Wow, and you got both. That’s actually… pretty impressive, sunbae,” Naeun said with a chuckle.

“Haha, I am pretty impressive, aren’t I??” Baekhyun remarked. He decided he wouldn’t push Naeun about the night he couldn’t remember, at least, not now. Maybe he’d remember later. It didn’t matter that much, anyway. What mattered was that Naeun was his now, and he wanted it to be that way… for a long time.

“Hey, um…  Naeun-ah… now that we’re a couple, can you call me oppa,… um… instead of sunbae? You can call Jungsoo and the other guys sunbaes, and just call me oppa. Because I’m special, eh?” Baekhyun asked, nudging Naeun with a shoulder.

At that, Naeun let out a clear, melodic laugh, that again, made Baekhyun challenge reality’s existence. It was so surreal to sit there and look into the eyes of a girl who was so perfect, that he wanted to pinch himself to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. Baekhyun was sure he was never going to stop feeling that way about her, but that was okay.

It took Naeun a moment to respond. Baekhyun waited patiently, weaving his fingers through the spaces between her fingers, gently, being as careful as possible on her beautiful, glowing skin. She finally replied, “Okay, oppa.”

 


 

Baekhyun’s lost memory from the first night of the MT, from Baekhyun’s POV:

“Hey everybody! I have something to say!” He stood up on a plastic chair so that all the Wooju students could see and hear him.

“Do you guys know Son Naeun? She’s the most beautiful, amazing, perfect girl I’ve ever seen in my life. I swear, I have a hard time believing she’s actually a real person, she looks so much like a perfectly made doll. Seriously you guyss… when she smiles,… it’s like some computer program, not a real person. She’s that perfect. So, my fellow Wooju students… I need your help… I want to tell her how I feel. I want to tell her that I like her more than I’ve ever liked anything… on this planet! And I need to hurry up, because if I don’t, Hyukjae or Sungyeol or Chulyong or Kwanghee... one of them is going to get her drunk so they can have a shot with her too! What should I do you guys?? How should I tell her I like her??”

“She can hear you, you !” Someone shouted.

“Dude, he is so drunk.”

“Yah, this is kind of romantic!” a female voice.

“You should sing her a song!!”

“Yah Byunbi! Shut up! That’s not fair, I’m not trying to get her drunk!” Sounds like Hyukjae.

“Baekhyun-ah! Naeunnie wants you to confess to her on your knees! With a bouquet of flowers!!” Sounds like Sora… or Kwanghee.

A bunch of girlish giggles everywhere.

“Yah, somebody grab that drunk guy and write ‘wasted’ on his forehead!”

“Okay Baekhyun-ah? Flowers and knees!” Sora sounding… again.

“Mmmmk… flowers and needs… wait, where am I supposed to get flowers…” He murmured, stepping down from the chair.

“Hey somebody get this kid out of here! He’s going green!!”

“Ohh no no, Sunbae, not here, hold on…”

He was throwing up. Someone was rubbing his back.

 


 

Cameo Index
MT Master Park Jungsoo – Leeteuk from Super Junior
MT Master Kang Sora – Actress Kang Sora, (former) wife of Leeteuk on We Got Married
Hyukjae – Eunhyuk from Super Junior
Sungyeol – Sungyeol from Infinite
Chulyong – Mir from Mblaq
Hwang Kwanghee – Kwanghee from ZE:A
Junior MT Master Yoo Changhyun – Ricky from Teen Top
Purple Haired junior Byunghun – L.Joe from Teen Top
Other Junior Jonghyun – Changjo from Teen Top
 

 


 

[A/N:]

Finally! The last part to The King of Membership Training. I really hope you all enjoyed this story! Especially all the cameos! Baekhyun is my bias and so as of this point, this is my favorite story :3

And the last Pre-debut video of Baekhyun for this story~ Enjoy~