I'm Glad We Met (Dongwoo's One-Shot)

My Christmas Gift (To the readers!)

 

Once again, Christmas is near and I'm still lonely. Yes, I have my family but I don't have a girlfriend. It's something that I have been missing since forever.  

Infinite is popular, yes, but popularity can't give me true love. The guys are always saying I choose too much. Of course I choose! If not, I would be hurt multiple times, experiencing heart breaks from many girls.

I get hurt sometimes, too. Even without having a girlfriend. How? By fans voting me for the least good-looking. But what they didn't know is my inner ability. I have the ability to dance, sing, rap, and even being the biggest nerd, even though I have a 'Pabo' image.

Some ask, how can I be so happy all the time? It's because I move on from what hurts me, and I learn from it. Because being happy makes me shine, and that's all about me.

Currently, it's 11.27 pm. Christmas day is coming and I'm out here, sitting all alone on this same old park bench I sat on every year. I think I should consider this bench as my best friend.

Being bored, and being me, I jumped up and walked around, wanting to see the scenery in this park for the first time ever.

I tucked my bare hands into my pocket and looked around. As expected, I see couples sitting on benches, waiting for the last 10 seconds of this day to enter to Christmas. In fact, all I see are couples.

I kicked the white snow under my feet as I walked and smiled at every Snowman I passed by. As I walked, I saw a snowman with a huge smiley face and a black fedora on it's head. I smiled softly when I looked at it's belly. "Joosung + Kyungmi"

Another couple made Snowman. I looked at my watch. 11.32. Time flies.

I walked back to my personal bench, just to find a girl sitting there. I smiled at her and sat on the edge, then everything went awkward.

"Uhmm, Hi." I heard her faint voice. My head quickly turned around and I automaticaly smiled.

"Hello." I greeted.

"What's your name?" she asked me. 

"I'm Dongwoo. Jang Dongwoo." I said, hoping she would know me from Infinite. Well, maybe not because she's not the gangster kind.

"Ahh, sounds familiar. Anyways, I'm Shin SaeJin. Nice to meet you." Sae Yong said and stretched out her hand. I shot my hand out of my pocket and shook her hand.

Wow, her hand is really soft, I'm telling you.

"Nice to meet you too. Are you here alone?" I asked. Curiosity is killing me. Seriously.

"Ahh, yeah." she blushed. I chuckled. She looks really cute.

"No boyfriend?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.

"No.." she answered. Her voice became slightly sad. I lifted my head up and saw a tear drop falling down her cheeks.

"OMG. I'm sorry. Please don't cry!" I panicked. She sniffed and smiled painfully at me.

"No worries. I just... broke up with my boyfriend.." she sighed and wiped away her tears. I pouted and decided to make her happy.

"Hey, SaeJin-ssi. If you don't mind, do you want to count down together?" I smiled cheerfully. Her eyes sparkled and nodded.

"But what time is it now?" she asked. I quickly checked my watch. 11.50!

"Woah! We talked for 18 minutes already! 10 more minutes left till Christmas." I beamed and rubbed my hands together. Even though I just met this girl, I feel really comfortable around her already. One benefit of being a cheerful lad.

"You know firework displays will be shown exactly at midnight. I know a nice place with a nice view." SaeJin smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Quick! Before it starts!" she chirped and ran away with me right behind her, her hand tightly wrapped around mine.

I don't know what this feeling is, but it's feeling good! My heart seems to leap out of my chest, it doesn't sound nice, but it is. SaeJin dragged me all the way to somewhere I've never seen before.

"Right here." she said and stood on the grass. "I come here all the time. Every Christmas, every New Year. You should come here too." she smiled and gazed at me.

"Of course." I nodded and checked my watch.

"Ah! It's nearly time. 1 more minute left. How about counting 1-60?" I smiled. She laughed loudly and nodded.

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

And we continued like that until..

"57"

"58"

"59"

"60!" We yelled in chorus and colourful fireworks bursted and I laughed.

"Great timing." I winked and she smiled. 

"I'm glad we met." she sighed and looked at me.

"Me too.." I let out a small smile tingling on my lips and I glanced at her. "If you don't mind..." I trailed.

"Can I have your number?" she bursted. My head snapped in her direction. "That's what I was gonna ask.." I chuckle.

"I just want to meet you again.." she shyly added and hung her head down.

"Aww.. Me too." I laughed. She handed me her phone the same time I handed mine. We swapped phone numbers and unfortunately, we have to go back to our respective homes.

"Good Bye, Dongwoo-ssi. Merry Christmas!" she said cheerfully and waved. I waved back and watched her back dissapear.

I don't know what is going happen in the future, nor will I know that we will meet again or not, but during that short time we spent together makes me happy enough.

But one thing I am sure of is that my feeling for this girl, Shin SaeJin, will never change, no matter what our relationship is. 

I hope to see you again soon.

Merry Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi :)

How do you like this one-shot?

LOL I LOVE DONGWOO! My BIAS!!

Hehe anyways :) Christmas is near!

Luv U! Bye!

xXInspirit4lifeXx