You have a brother?

Don't Undermine Me

“Why the hell are you smiling for? How many times do I have to tell you? As a runway model, you model the clothes, the CLOTHES; keep your face expressionless please.  I really don’t care how long it takes you to learn; keep practicing until you get it right. I WILL check on you later so don’t even think about slacking off!” I said.

She’s our newest and youngest model so I really should cut her some slack but far out sometimes I feel like wiping that sly smile off her face. I should say now that I’m going absolutely crazy; these people are seriously stressing me out! Not one person is up to date with their work and honestly I feel like locking myself up in my office and bawling my eyes out. Ivy Li is certainly not someone who cries easily. Not so long ago, I used to check the progress of each sector (e.g. designers, models, publicity) at Iventive HQ once a week but now I’m stopping by every single day to check their progress which is of course minimal.

Just between you and me, I’m going to fire every single person here except for the accountants and get new workers. The people I have working for me at the moment are so damn lazy! There are people out there who I know would work hard and have raw talent so really I have no problem firing these people. There are rumours going around that if you work at Iventive HQ, the longest you can work here is 1 year. But that’s honestly not true! I’ve had someone work here for two years! The models I have modelling my brand; they’re pretty that’s for sure but there’s just no substance to them. Quite boring if you ask me so I can’t be near them for longer than an hour.

My Louis Vuitton white pumps glided along the floor in perfect precision as I walked to the accounting room.  The accounting room is hands down my favourite place in Iventive HQ; I studied to become an accountant at University so this place is like heaven to me. Numbers, stocks and graphs are posted on every single inch of the walls and not to mention the fact that one of my best friends Hye Su works here. She’s very intuitive and seems to know whenever I’m coming to visit. She practically ripped the door open and ran up to jump on me with a hug. We walked into the accounting room together and I couldn’t help but to smile, everyone was working so diligently. Each person went through the financial progress of Iventive HQ and we’ve made a 30% profit this financial year which is amazing! I congratulated each and every single person for their hard work and promised that we’d all have a day off to celebrate; it’s the least I can do for them.

Hye Su and I went for our ritual coffee date after checking up with the accounting room. I must say that we both looked very businesslike and straight out of a magazine cover for business wear. One of the main things I love about Hye Su is her amazing sense of fashion; she’s absolutely on the spot with every single outfit. Today I wore black silk pants, a white collared shirt and a black blazer. Hye Su wore a black knee length pencil skirt, a tucked in beige dress shirt and a pair of black boots.

The coffee shop that we regularly visit is about a 5 minute walk away from Iventive HQ; it’s called Airy Tip. A combination of a coffee shop and a bakery; the layout of the shop is really quite cute but it also has an upper-class feel to it and is extremely classy. We walked through the doors and sat in our usual spot which is a secluded corner with seats for two. I flicked through the menu contemplating whether I should take the risk of trying something new but let’s face it I have nothing to lose. If I really don’t like it I can give it to some homeless person. The waitress came and took our orders; I ordered a Zebra Mocha and Hye Su ordered a Chai Latte. I was actually really excited to try the Zebra Mocha! While we were waiting Hye Su decided to start a conversation.

“So…I heard a guy came to visit you at work a few days ago. Care to elaborate Ivy?” she asked.

“He’s just a friend that I met at the club,” I replied.

“A friend? HAHAHA Ivy you have never made ‘friends’ at the club before. Yeah, you’ll dance with guys but you never give them your number you sly tease,” she said.

“Hey! In my defence, I don’t want some creep calling me up to hang out and I didn’t even give Kris my number. I have no clue how he got hold of it!” I replied.

“Oh so he’s called Kris,” she said.

“Kris Wu,” I replied.

“NO FRIGGEN WAY! THE KRIS WU?” she asked.

“Well, the Kris Wu I’m talking about is a giant with sandy blonde hair,” I said.

“WOW! My best friend has the biggest playboy in Seoul going after her! What is life?” she asked.

“Trust me, he isn’t all that great!” I said.

“Don’t tell me. No, it can’t be! Do you not know who he is?” she said.

“He’s a pain in the that’s for sure!” I replied.

“Ivy, you’d better listen to me now. Kris Wu is the owner of Kzeus Car Company and he’s not someone you can just brush off lightly,” Hye Su said.

“No Way! He’s the famous Kzeus playboy? Let me Google this,” I said. I Google searched Kris Wu on my I Phone 5 and let’s just say that Hye Su was 100% correct.

“FML!” I screamed.

The waitress came with our drinks; good timing I must say as I was about to go crazy! How could I have not known that he was the owner of Kzeus?! I have one of his damn cars sitting in my garage! The Zebra Mocha surprisingly tasted great! I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice that Hye Su was trying to get my attention. She had to kick my leg for me to notice she was calling my name out.

“Oh, sorry Hye Su! You know I can space out sometimes,” I said.  “Honey, I’m not worried about that; tall giant at 12o'clock,” she said.

I swear, I’m not even joking my face became freakishly pale and I practically glued myself to the table! I really didn’t want Kris to see me. I was perfectly happy to not have seen his face for the past few days and now he just shows up?! Hye Su was doing her best to make sure that he wouldn’t be able to see me. He was having lunch with a woman but I couldn’t see her face. I’m not one to judge so he can do whatever he wants in his spare time.

Meanwhile for Kris

“YAH! You brat! Why do you keep sleeping around with women?! Our parents are so damn pissed off at you and asked for you to go and visit them right after our little ‘meeting’ here,” the woman said.

“Come on Jie Jie! They’re going to practically rip me apart when I go there! Please don’t make me go alone; they’re so scary!” Kris said.

“Honey, I have much better things to do then feel our parents fury wrath. This is your fault Kris; isn’t there anyone that you want to settle down with?” she asked.

Back to Ivy

“Hey Hye Su, I think we should try and walk out of the coffee shop now,” I said.

“But…there’s only one exit so we’re going to have to go past them,” she said.

“Oh, who cares? The sooner we get out of here the better! I’m getting all anxious and on edge! I feel like an escaped convicted criminal!” I said.

“HAHA you’re hilarious! I’ll lead the way and you can follow me. Just keep your head down and drink your Zebra Mocha,” she said then stood up.

We successfully walked past Kris and his ‘woman’ and were halfway through the store when someone screamed out, “IVY ANNE LI, GET YOUR BACK HERE!”

No way! There’s only one person other than my family who knows my full name and she’s halfway across the world…or is she? I abruptly turned around and Oh My God.

“YAH, were you just going to walk away without saying hi to your favourite friend that you haven’t seen in over 4 years?” she asked.

I walked over to her table and motioned for Hye Su to follow me. She was sitting opposite Kris. Her name is Bev Wu. She was honestly one of my best friends when I was studying over in China.

“When did you come here Bev?” I asked.

“Yesterday, we should catch up sometime!” she said.

“Definitely; how long are you staying in Korea?” I asked.

“Our family actually moved here so you’ll see a lot more of me! Actually you can meet my brother, he’s around your age,” she said.

“Oh really? I didn’t know you had a brother! When can I meet him? Is he hot?” I asked.

“Actually, he’s sitting right in front of me,” she said.

“Ew, Kris is your brother? How’d that happen?” I asked.

“YAH! I’m right here! How dare you talk so badly about me?” Kris asked.

“Hey, sorry Ivy, I’ve got to go now,” Hye Su said.

I said goodbye to her and promised to call her.

“I’ve actually got to go as well. You know what, you can accompany Kris to see our parents if you’re not busy because I know that they really love you!” Bev said.

“Oh Wow! I haven’t seen them in ages! Kris, is it okay if I come with you?” I asked.

He just grunted in response that animal!

Bev and I exchanged numbers and promised to catch up sometime when she isn’t busy. She quickly ran out of the café as she was late.

“Come on, get up you hunk,” I said to Kris.

“See! You do think I’m attractive! Thank God for that because I was about to get worried!” he said.

We walked through a park; the scenery was honestly simply exquisite. As the season is autumn, leaves bristled and fell on their own accord.

“Hey, do you know where we’re going?” I asked.

“Well we could have driven there but it’s within walking distance and I thought that you would have liked to walk through this area,” he said.

“Kris, why didn’t you tell me that you own Kzeus,” I asked.

“I didn’t think it was important,” he said.

“But, did you think about how I would have felt? I feel so stupid for not knowing!” I said.

“I’m sorry for not telling you but honestly don’t feel stupid, It’s not really important. I’m still the same person” he said.

We continued to walk through the park; it was really peaceful and serene.

“You know…we look like a couple walking together!” he said.

“Shut up!” I replied.

He grabbed my hand and held it then began to recite lines off One Direction’s famous song Little Things.

“Your hand fits in mine like it’s made just for me. But bear this in mind, it was meant to be…” Kris sang.

“Ahhhh you’re so embarrassing!” I screamed.

“But…in all seriousness, it’s a perfect fit. Your hand isn’t too small or too large,” he said.

“Gee thanks,” I said.

Together we walked hand in hand to Mr & Mrs Wu’s house. Now, you must all be thinking that my heart was beating extremely fast and I was feeling all nervous around Kris but I didn’t feel that. I must admit that I feel less uptight around him and I’m starting to feel more relaxed but I don’t have crush on him and it’s certainly not love.

We stood in front of their house, ready to walk in.