Know Where Your Loyalty Lies

Don't Undermine Me

Recap

When our laughter died down, I decided to ask him a serious question, “So, how many?”

“What?” he asked.

“You know, how many?” I asked.

“How many, what?” he asked.

“How many women did you make out with after I left yesterday night? 7? Or was it 10? No, it must have been 15” I said.

“I-I thought you went home! How did you know?” he asked.

“I did go home; I didn’t have to be there to know that you were ripping out numerous girls mouths. You’re a playboy; you don’t just stay with one girl. So, tell me, why are you spending so much time on me when you’re obviously not interested in a long term relationship?" I asked.

In all honesty, there’s just something about you that I can’t quite pinpoint but you seem to know everything about me and damn, that scares the hell out of me. I can’t tell you that I want a long term relationship, let’s face it we only met yesterday but I just want you to give me a chance to learn more about you,” he replied.

“You don’t understand! I don’t want a romantic relationship with you or even a friendship because you don’t have the attributes that I look for in a person. You’re too predictable and honey, I wasn’t born yesterday so don’t try any shifty tricks on me,” I said.

“How could I possibly not have the attributes you look for in a person? I’m attractive; beautiful in fact, every single girl would love to be with me! I have money; I’m not some poor scum! What more could you possibly want?” he asked.

“I couldn’t care less about the grand facade you put on! Who cares if you’re beautiful? Who cares if girls fall at your feet like leaves? Who cares if you’re rich and money falls out of a magical tree for you? I certainly don’t! I wouldn’t even care if you were poor because that’s not what matters to me!” I replied.

“Then...what matters to you? What do you want from me?” he asked.

“I want something which you can’t give me; a kind, sincere heart and personality. Inner beauty radiates outward, Kris,” I said.

*beep beep, beep beep*

Kris looked down at his phone and read a message.

“Sorry, I have to go now, duty calls...but I’ll think about what you said,” he said.

“Where do you work?” I asked.

“Wow, you really don’t know who I am?” he asked.

“You’re Kris Wu; a very persistent guy,” I replied.

“I guess I just presumed that you knew. Anyways you’ll find out sooner or later. Hey, can I take your sketchbooks to have a look at them?” he asked.

“Are you crazy? I just spent the last 5 hours on those sketches and you want to take them to ‘have a look at them’?” I asked.

“Come on, let’s face it, you’re probably not even going to use any of those sketches and you have designers for a reason. Let them do their job, gurl,” he said.

“Fine, fine take them and go; but, tell me, how did you know that I probably won’t use any of those sketches?” I asked.

“Oh...um just a guess, so yeah, I’ll call you,” he said.

He took the sketchbooks and scuffled out of my office. I think I’ll finish the food that he brought me later. I put my Prada pumps back on and walked out of my office. It’s time to have a little ‘chat’ to my receptionist. When she saw me walking towards her she robotically stood up and bowed to me.

“No, sit back down,” I said.

She immediately sat back down. There’s a hierarchy here; I’m at the top. When someone looks down on you it’s not only intimidating but degrading.

“Tell me why you gave Kris Wu my spare keys,” I said.

“He said that he’s your boyfriend and wanted to surprise you. How could I possibly say no to him?” she asked.

“Do I look like someone who has a boyfriend? Have I ever told you that I have a boyfriend? If some random guy comes here and tells you that he’s my boyfriend, are you just going to believe him and be so naive to think that they’re telling the truth?” I asked.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know! Please, don’t fire me! But, Kris Wu, isn’t someone I can just talk back to! He’s a highly respected man!” she said.

“Who cares if he’s highly respected? That brat can stuff his dignity up his stuck up ! You, listen to me. You, work for me. If you love him so much, please; go and work for him! I don’t need you to gloat to me about his ‘awesomeness’,” I said.

“Oh trust me, I would love to work for him but it’s so damn hard to get a job at his office!” she said.

“Give me the number,” I said.

“What number?” she asked.

“He gave you his number to give to me, right?” I asked.

“Oh...right, here it is,” she said and gave me a piece of paper with his name and number scribbled on it.

“If you added his number to your contacts on your phone, delete it now. I’m going to fire you now because of your disloyalty. I can’t trust you to not go around giving my number to people.” I said.

“Please, don’t fire me! I don’t know where I’ll go!” she said.

I added Kris’s number to my phone then called him.

“Hey, I’m kind of busy now, can you call later?” he said.

“Kris, its Ivy” I said.

“Oh, Ivy baby, what pleasure do I have of a phone call from you?” he asked.

“Can you hire my receptionist because I’m sick of seeing her disloyal face? I’ll text you all her details. Thanks,” I said then hung up.

“Pack up all of your things, you don’t work here anymore,” I said.

In total there are 7 levels of Iventive HQ; the bottom two levels are commercial shopping areas, 3-6 are where all the workers work (designers, lawyers, press). The general public can come in and buy all of our latest designs on the first 2 levels; Iventive HQ is extremely popular as it’s a very hands on shopping experience. There are 3D holograms of models modelling the clothes. Every so often a famous designer will come in and teach everyone how to sketch or show off their designs. Customers can have designs custom made for them as there as designers here to attend to their needs. My office is on the 7th floor but I monitor all of the levels. I have to make sure that the employees are doing their job well. It’s not rare for me to fire someone. I’m pretty ruthless; if I don’t like you, I’ll fire you. But, I’m nice because I’ll always find a new job for you to go to. As they say ‘One man’s trash is another man’s treasure’.

I never go by my agenda/schedule, sometimes I’ll just lock myself up in my office and sleep. I do get all my work done on time though; just in my own time.

The rest of the day flew by as I had to look at stocks and sign a massive pile of documents. I’m starting to really stress out as we need to finish our collection in two weeks and we don’t have anything set in concrete. Those stupid designers; I’m so tempted to fire them but there’s no time to find replacements.

It’s time for a good ole ballet lesson to ease out all the stress.