Chapter 9

Poison to My Soul

"Ahh! It hurts...!"

 

Kibum bit her lips and attempted to pull her feet away from Jonghyun's grasps when he tried to apply some antiseptic cream unto her wounds. Kibum thought that washing her wounds with running water was painful enough already, but applying the antiseptic cream was even worse. She squinted her eyes and covered with both her hands, letting out a muffled cry as Jonghyun tightened his grip on Kibum's ankle to prevent her from pulling her leg away and applied more cream.

 

Jonghyun really wanted to laugh out loud because of Kibum's reactions and facial expressions. "of course it's gonna hurt, your wound is quite deeply cut." Kibum let out a muffled 'uh-humm' while she wiggled her head to the left and right, hoping to alleviate the pain and Jonghyun burst out in a small laughter, "Is it really that painful?"

 

Kibum opened her eyes and glared at Jonghyun, this man actually have the guts to laugh when she is suffering such pain. She took advantage when Jonghyun lossened his grip on her ankles slightly, and kicked Jonghyun at his chest. "Ouch!!" Jonghyun rubbed his chest, and caught hold of Kibum's  leg once again before she could get up from the couch and run away again. "Yah you're really naughty you know! You think you can just run away without me catching you back? I can easily pull your records out and track you down."

 

Kibum frozed a little but answered playfully, "Aiksss of course you can, especially when you don't even know my name.." Jonghyun smirked, he pointed at Kibum's nametag which was pinned on the left hand side of her uniform and said, "Yes of course i don't, Kim Ki Bum shii.." Kibum... her name is Kibum... 

 

Kibum gasped and quickly covered her nametag with her hands, "Yah this is so unfair! i don't even know yours." Jonghyun laughed, "You're already in my office..." Jonghyun hoping that Kibum would have already known who he is but obviously she hasn't been paying attention to the sign board at the door and the golden name plate at the wide brown office table behind the couch, "Omo, don't tell me you don't even know who you're working for. I'm Kim Jong Hyun, General Manager of Shinhwa." Jonghyun paused, only to see Kibum's eyes openned wide.

 

Ge...General Manager? What on earth...she actually sold herself to her employer, her boss?!

 

Joonghyun laughed a little and continued to apply the cream on Kibum's wounds, "I know it hurts a lot, but just try to bear with it for a while, okay? Your wounds must be cleaned properly.." Kibum sighed softly and looked down, "I...I will resign as soon as possible.." Kibum was very well aware that the culture in Shinhwa Hotel is that upper and lower level employees are not allowed to have any interactions, let alone a scandal. She thought that Jonghyun would send her away because they had such an inappropriate relationship before and Jonghyun would probably doubt her ability and integrity as Shinhwa's employee, not to mention he is the General Manager. 

"Mwo?" Jonghyun was taken aback, did Kibum said that she were to resign? "Resign? Because you kicked me at my chest just now?" Jonghyun wanted to lighten up the atmosphere abit but Kibum was looking so sad. He sighed, he knew that Kibum must be doing this because of that night's incident. "Kibum shi, listen to me. I...I think i owe you an apology.." Kibum lifted up her head to meet Jonghyun's eyes. Eh?

 

Jonghyun looked into Kibum's eyes with sincerity, "I...I'm sorry if i was too hard towards you that night.." Kibum's eyes was filled with tears immediately when she heard Jonghyun's words. The shame, guilty and fear that she felt that night came pouring into her heart and mind instantly. Kibum held unto both her arms as she sobbed a little. Jonghyun on the other hand was flustered to see Kibum tearing, "I! I..i'm really sorry because of hurting you, please don't cry. If you're thinking of resigning because of that night's incident, you don't have too, you really don't have to." Jonghyun knew that Kibum must have needed money, for whatever reasons. Resigning would mean that Kibum would be in greater financial difficulty.

 

"Kam..kamsahanida.." Kibum said softly with her head lowered. She was really very thankful, this job means a lot to her given her financial situation. Jonghyun smiled a little, but he couldn't hide the pain that was filling his heart. Kibum was cheeky, cute and outgoing, his actions that night must have scared her so much that made her crumbled into tears right now. "Ermm, the money...." Jonghyun didn't know how and what to say, "I'm giving it to you, ermm...since you..ermm...i'm giving it to you okay.." he really didn't know how to put it through in a correct way. He didn't want to make Kibum sound like a e but by right she was entitled to the money since they did have . And Jonghyun really wanted her to have the money. After having such close interactions with Kibum, he concluded that Kibum must be really desperate to sell herself to him. He really wanted to help her.

 

Kibum shed even more tears upon hearing Jonghyun talking about the money, she really didn't want him to view her as a e. "Ani...it's okay, really.." Kibum didn't want the money at all, it reminds her of that night's memories. Jonghyun was flutered even more seeing Kibum cry, "Okay, okay, i understand..Now, just stay still and let me dress your wounds, okay?" Jonghyun was speaking in such a gentle manner towards Kibum that she actually felt secured and trusted him. Jonghyun looked at Kibum and was glad that she wasn't crying anymore, instead she was wiping away her tears and quietly allowing him to put medicine on her wounds. Jonghyun smiled, he gently dressed Kibum's wounds, hoping not to pain Kibum too much.

 

*********************

 

"Doctor Lee, how is she?" Minho asked as the doctor finish checking Taemin.

 

"She is having a high fever. But don't worry, i gave her an injection, the fever should subside by tomorrow."

 

"What about the cuts on her hands?" Minho frowned as he turned back to look at Taemin. She was lying down at one side of the king size bed inside Minho's personal resting room which is connected to his personal office. The injection must have put her to deep sleep. Her hands were placed together ontop of her stomach, and Minho could see the cuts on her hands even from a distance.

 

"The cuts are quite deep, most likely caused by glass. Don't worry, it will heal in time." "Thank you, Doctor Lee." Minho thanked the doctor and sent him off. 

 

Minho entered his resting room after sending off Doctor Lee and sat beside Taemin, observing her. He took out the brown blanket that Taemin left with him and placed it around Taemin, hoping to keep her warmed. Minho was gently folding the blanket when he heard Taemin mummbling some words in her sleep.

 

"....No..."

 

"...omma please...don't..don't leave me..."

 

Is she having a bad dream? Minho went closer and realize that sweat was all over Taemin's face, he wanted to take a towel from the toilet but Taemin suddenly grabbed his right hand with both her hands and held unto it.  "Are you okay..?" Minho wanted to call her by her name, but he realize that he doesn't know her name. Minho carefully lifted the blankets a bit to have a look at her name tag which was pinned unto her uniform.

 

Lee Tae Min.

 

"Tae..min..?" Minho called out gently, hoping to ease Taemin a bit from her nightmare. Taemin slowly calmed down but she was still holding unto Minho's hand. Minho sat on a chair next to Taemin, he wasn't intending to remove Taemin's hands from his, he felt the warmth that was overflowing from her tiny and soft hands, but he could feel the cuts on her hands as well. Minho couldn't explain the pain that he felt going through his heart, he wanted to know how did her hands got so wounded? Was it because of pure carelessness during work?

 

Minho gently Taemin's cheeks. Sleep well and get well soon, Taemin..

 

****************

 

Taemin had a dream. In her dream, she was younger and her mother was with her. She had so many wonderful times with her mother but her mother was going to leave her soon. Taemim was really sad, she creid out for her mother, she begged her not to leave but still she was left alone. But in the midst of her loneliness and tears, she heard a voice calling her, and she held unto a hand that made her felt secured.

 

Taemin slowly opened her eyes. She felt much better now, her body wasnt as hot as she was just now when she was standing at the lobby... The event?! Oh no! What happened just now?? Taemin gasped and sat up on the bed, only to realize that she was inside a very nicely decorated unknown room. She looked around the room and soon realize that she was holding unto a person's hand, and that person was none other than the CEO Choi Min Ho! He was sleeping with his head lying on top of his arms that was placed beside Taemin on the bed and his other hand was held by Taemin.

 

Taemin was really shocked, how did she end up here with Minho? She was trying hard to think back what had happened just now when Minho woke up. Taemin didn't know what to do or what to say, she quickly bowed, "Mr.... Mr Choi...I..." Minho chuckled, she really likes to bow in front of him a lot doesn't she, "Are you feeling better now?" He placed his hands on Taemin's forehead without waiting for her to reply, and nodded his head after he had made sure that Taemin's fever had reduced.

 

Minho's cell phone rang, "Yoboseyo... neh naraboji..i'm sorry i lost track of time..yes..i will be there in a while.." Minho hung up the phone call, apparently he was so occupied with taking care of Taemin that he actually forgotten about entertaining the guests. Taemin heard Minho's phone call conversation and roughly knew what happened, she must have passed out at the lobby area, causing Minho to take care of her and thus he missed the lunch event with the guest. Taemin felt really guilty, "I...I'm really sorry, Mr Choi..." she said softly.

 

Minho wasn't concerned about the lunch at all, in fact he was glad that he was here with Taemin, otherwise he wouldn't have an opportunity for him to get closer to her. "Minho.."

 

"Eh?" Taemin didn't understand, she was expecting Minho to be upset. Minho laughed a little, Taemin's reactions were really adorable. "Call me Minho, don't address me as Mr. Choi, i really hate hearing that.." Taemin gasped, she thought that she offended the CEO by calling him the way that he hated, "So..sorry, Mr Choi! No! I mean...Min...Minho shi..." she felt abit uneasy addressing her boss in such an informal manner, she thought that it was a bit disrespectful. 

 

Minho laughed again seeing how flustered Taemin was, but he really didn't want Taemin to distant herself from him. "Correct.." 

 

Taemin was about to lift the blankets up when she saw her brown blanket on top of her too. "My..my blanket!" Taemin smiled and brought her brown blanket near to her chest. She was really excited and thankful to be able to hold it in her hands again. Minho smiled, seeing how happy Taemin was, "May i ask why didn't you come and get it back from me?" Minho asked curtly, he was trying all he could to find her.

 

"I....urmmm...." Taemin lowered her head slightly, "I...really didn't want others to think that..ermm..." Minho nodded his head, "Arasso, i understand..by the way, how did you get those wounds on your hands??" Minho really wanted to know. Taemin frozed, "I...ermm...this...actually its nothing..I..wasn't careful enough...." Minho sense slight uneasiness in Taemin, he was suspicious but decided not to press on the matter, "Oh..be more careful next time."

 

Taemin smiled, "Thank you so much for taking care of me, really.." she was giving Minho such a genuine and bright smile that Minho couldn't take his eyes off her. Taemin wanted to get out of the bed, "I'm really sorry for taking up so much of your time, I must return to my work now..." but Minho held his hand out to stop Taemin, "Gwenchana, stay here and rest untill you're fully recovered." Taemin was shocked, Minho is actually allowing her to stay longer here at his personal room, "Ani! I can't do this!"

 

Minho laughed, "It's okay. I need to leave now, but i've ordered the kitchen to bring dinner up here for you, eat it and rest well before you leave, okay?" Taemin was really thankful and touched by Minho's actions, she removed the blankets and kneeled on the bed, gave Minho a bow, "Thank you so much.."

 

Mino chuckled, "Okay, i got it. Don't bow anymore, i'm not dead yet okay." Minho's words made Taemin laughed, she must have been bowing a lot to him ever since they first met.

 

******************

 

to be continued..