Chapter 11

Poison to My Soul

"Yah Kim Jonghyun! You're the one right?"

 

Jonghyun sat up straight the moment Kibum budged into his office this afternoon. "Yah stop with that poker face of yours, I know it's you! Take your money back." Kibum said with her hands stuck at her waist, looking like a fiesty little diva, completely ignoring the fact that she is inside the General Manager's office. This morning when she went to the bank with Taemin to withdraw money for this week's living expenses, she got a shock of her life. Her savings account never exceeded four digits usually but today it had extra three hundred thousand won inside it. Aikkss, no need to think much, she already knew who did it.

 

Jonghyun chuckled slightly, he was expecting Kibum to come. Truthfully speaking, he was glad that she came to see him because she had been avoiding him the past few days. Jonghyun was hoping to bump into Kibum in the hotel but no matter how many extra rounds he took, he never seem to be able to meet her. So he decided to look for Kibum personally. But it seems that this cheeky little lady is aware that he is looking for her. Everytime he goes to her station to meet her according to her schedule written in her profile, she wouldn't be there. And when he enquire further, her colleagues will tell him that Kibum swapped her duties with someone else. Is she trying to avoid him?Is he some sort of plague or monster to her? Jonghyun wasn't happy with this at all, so he decided that drastic measures must be used.

 

"Well, it's yours, i'm giving it to you." Jonghyun said.

 

"Mwo?!" Kibum gasped, "Aikss, aigoo, i'm not taking your money okay Mr. General Manager, how many times must I repeat myself." Kibum wanted to faint. Accepting the money would definitely relieve her from her financial distress, but it would only further remind herself of her shameful act, not to mention it's a large sum of money, she didn't want Jonghyun to think of her as a e or a woman with no integrity.

 

"Aigoo, just take it okay." Jonghyun was hoping that Kibum would accept the money. His main motive was to help her, but the secondary motive was to have something to connect him to her. Jonghyun couldn't explain his recent need to see Kibum. He wasn't sure whether he is in love with Kibum or it's just an infatuation, but he was very sure that his heart wants to see her more often.

 

Seems like this guy here wouldn't back out. "Urm. Okay." Kibum turned around and wanted to leave Jonghyun's office but Jonghyun felt something weird. No way on earth will Kibum accept the money to easily. "Yah where are you going?" Jonghyun asked. Kibum flashed a cheeky smile, "The nearest atm, i'm gonna hand carry three hunddred thousand won to you right now since you wouldn't take the money back."

 

"Yah!" this cheeky woman. "I will dismiss Lee Taemin immediately if you do so." Jonghyun's words made Kibum stop walking and froze instantly. Jonghyun let out a victorious smile. He knew this would work. He found out from the floor managers that Kibum entered Shinhwa along with her good friend and that they were extremely close to each other. He knew that Kibum wouldn't want her best friend to be implicated.

 

"........" Kibum turned around and glared at Jonghyun. Omo, how dare he threaten to dismiss Taemin, Taemin needs this job a lot and she has already adjusted herself to the job. Jonghyun went forward, he wanted to continue teasing Kibum because right now her facial expression was really funny but he refrained from doing so. instead he said gently, "Kibum, please, just accept my money okay? I know you need it." He looked into Kibum's eyes, hoping that she would accept it. Kibum bit her lips, "I....it's too much.. I..."

 

"Consider it as a loan then, okay?" Jonghyun smiled.

 

"I..... I will return the full amount to you, I promise." Kibum said softly, in her heart she was really thankful, only God knows how much this money would aid her situation. Jonghyun was even happier, finally she accepted his help. "Yah sure anytime. I mean, of course yes."

 

"Errmmm...are there any terms and conditions for your loan?" Kibum regained her diva-ness and eyed Jonghyun with suspicion.

 

"Conditions?" Jonghyun never thought of any actually, but since Kibum asked, why not use it as an opportunity, "Neh, two conditions." He smiled mischeviously as he looked at Kibum which sent some chills down Kibum's spine. "Yah you ert, I'm not gonna do that again if you're thinking about it!" Kibum immediately wrapped herself with her arms and took a few large steps back away from Jonghyun. "Yah! That was not what I was thinking okay, Kim Kibum!" Jonghyun pulled Kibum closer becuase he wasn't satisfied with how she always try to stay away from him.

 


"Condition number one, you must work here. No leaving, no prolong or intentional MCs or resigning." Kibum nodded her head, this one is easy. Shinhwa's pay is considered good. "Condition number two, you have to clean my office at least five times a week." Jonghyun smiled with satisfaction, he would be able to see her often now.

 

"MWO?! Don't.. don't you have your own maids or cleaners?" Kibum asked. Five times a week? That's almost everyday man! Not that she hate spending time with Jonghyun, but somewhere deep inside her heart she still feels ashamed and fearful for what happened between them in the hotel and she would prefer not to be reminded of the incident.

 

"So you can't do it then?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, "Then your friend Taemin will..."

 

"Ah! Geez!!" Kibum glared, "Don't fire Taemin, don't okay. I will do it." Kibum swear she saw Jonghyun's wide smile through the reflection of the glass mirrors in Jonghyun's office. Oh no, looks like she will be seeing a hell lot more of Kim Jonghyun in the future.

 

******

 

Taemin was in good spirit this morning as she headed to work in Shinhwa hotel. With Minho's help, Taemin managed to pass her first practical examination of the semester easily. Her mind flew back to what happened two days ago when Minho helped her with her practices by being her fake customer and she blushed. Minho really helped her a lot that night, he shared practical experiences of him which made what Taemin learnt in the textbooks easier to remember and understand, consequently Taemin was able to help Kibum with her last minute revisions.

 

What made Taemin blushed was those sweet moments when Minho initiated that resulted in close physical contact between both of them. Ahhh Taemin ahh stop it. Taemin had to mentally slap herself to stop herself from wandering back to those sweet moments. Why did Minho showed these little affections towards her? it can't be that he is interested in her can it? She was just an ordinary employee with no good family background and Minho was from such a wealthy and powerful background.

 

Taemin was still in the midst of her conflict when she was stopped by three female employees standing infront of her. "An...annyeong. Do i know you?" Taemin asked shyly. She wanted to walk pass them but they were blocking the entire hallway. The way they were starring at her with their arms crossed made Taemin shivered a bit.

 

"Oh gosh, Ea Na. I'm so disgusted by her voice."

 

"Yea. I bet this is how you seduce Mr. Choi, didn't you?!" The girl standing in the middle pushed Taemin at her shoulder. Her force was so large that it took Taemin by surprise and she fell unto the ground. "Ahh!" Taemin gasped in pain, "No! I...I didn't seduce him.."

 

SLAP!

 

Taemin wanted to explain herself further but the girl gave one tight slap that made the side of her lips bleed. "Ah! I...." Taemin was shocked.

 

"How dare you act like an innocent little angle, come into Shinhwa just like that and seduce Mr Choi! Let me tell you, you are way back in the line to deserve Mr. Choi, you !"

 

"Unni, enough of it, let's just settle her once and for all."

 

Taemin started to cry when one of the girl started to drag Taemin into the women's toilet by grabbing unto her hair and the other two girls were just laughing as they watch her suffer. "Please, I...I really didn't do it on purpose, please..." Taemin begged, she saw the girls holding several buckets filled of water as they tied her hands, pushed her into one of the cubicles and stuffed a clothe in to stop her from making any noise.

 

"Unni, you first." The older looking girl sniggered as gave Taemin several tight slaps mercilessly, beated her and slammed her head unto the wall. Taemin started sobbing because the pain was excruciating. "Painful, isn't it? Well too bad for you, because i feel so much better seeing you like this than with Choi Minho."

 

The two other girls started ripping Taemin's clothes away and poured cold water and detergen water all over her body. "Serves you right for messing with Minho, you ." "You look so pathetic, i bet you never thought that you would end up like this when you seduce Mr. Choi, did you? Hahahaha!" Three of them locked the cubicle that Taemin was inside and left the toilet.

 

Taemin cried. She was lying on the dirty floor of a deserted women's toilet, her face was bleeding and bruised because of the beating and slapping just now, and her body was freezing because of the water. Taemin wanted to cry out to Kibum to save her but she couldn't even make noises that were loud enough to attract the people walking along the hallway. She slowly drifted into unconsciousness as the winter cold along with the water all over her body peirced into her bones and heart...

 

********