Chapter 1

Poison to My Soul

sorry guys, im rewriting the story. =) i hope to give you guys a good one..

 

**********************

 

Shinhwa Hotel Corp was established somewhat thirty years ago by the capable Choi Yeon Myung. When he was a young man, he had a dream, a dream to have a construction company of his own, and to excel in the construction industry. For years he worked hard, working his way all the up from his bare hands unti today.

 

Today, Shinhwa Hotels have swiped the world like a wind. Not only do they own the few best hotels in South Korea, they also expanded into several different industries. Choi Yeon Myung knew that all these wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for his only grandson, Choi Min Ho. 

 

Choi Yeon Myung was sitted in his wheelchair, as he smiled and greeted the hall full of audience at the stage of theShinhwa Hotels' annual dinner stage. "Thank you, thank you all for setting aside time to attend this important event tonight." He paused a while as he glanced to his right to observe his grandson. Choi Min Ho is looking extremely polished, suave and brilliant in his black tux suit. His slim but built figure, broad shoulders and handsome features has long been the talk of the industry and many young heiresses from the business society are present tonight, all waiting for an opportunity to talk to this handsome young prince charming and hopefully make a good impression. However, unlike in the fairy tales, prince charming here is not interested in these heiresses at all. His dark brown eyes were filled with solemn and behind it hides his sadness, one that grew after his mother committed suicide when he was at a young age not being able to accept his father's infidelity.

"And as promised, tonight marks the official handing over of my sit as the CEO of Shinhwa to my grandson, Choi Min Ho!" Choi Yeon Myung finished his sentence and all the audience clapped their hands. Choi Min Ho had been an excellent candidate to takeover his grandfather's position. Since he was young, he has demonstrated high performance in academics, not only did he excelled in his high school studies, he also gained a first class honours degree from Harvard upon finishing his tertiary studies. After turning thirty last month, Choi Yeon Myung has speeded up the preparations to formally pass the company over to Minho. Minho has proven his ability to the fellow employees of Shinhwa that he is capable since he started serving in the company as soon as he graduated and returned from London. Ever since then, he as taken Shinhwa to the heights, bringing success after success.

 

Choi Min Ho wasn't smiling at all, that stern look that he always had when his face graced the headlines or magazines was ever present. He bowed curtly as the crowd cheered.

 

....

 

Minho tucked his tie properly as he walked our of the gents. He was about to proceed to the ballroom and rejoin his grandfather and the dinner when two figures suddenly appeared in front of him, blocking his way. Minho's eyes didn't even winked the moment he saw them, mind fully aware of what was going to happen next.

 

"hi...hi...Mr. Choi, I..." The first young lady wearing a pale pink dress was trembling as she attempted to introduce herself to Minho. Minho was just too handsome, she just couldn't stop her legs from shaking.

 

Minho's face was still looking stern, seemingly not bothered by the girls.

 

The girl wearing a low bust line yellow mini dress pushed the pink girl aside, "I'm Kim Yoon Hee, heiress of Kim Corporation." she was trying to do her aegyo as she pulled her dress lower, hoping to show her 'assets' to Minho. "I..I want to date you!" The first girl in pink was flustered that her opportunity was taken away, she went forward and pushed the yellow girl aside, "Unnie!! I saw him first!! How dare you!!"

 

"Yah! I saw him too, okay!!" Both girls were on verge of having a cat fight when Minho suddenly spoke.

 

"1.......2......"

 

The two girls were puzzled, both of them were looking at Minho with confusion. They were expecting an answer from Minho, not numbers flying out of the suave young man's mouth."Minho glared towards them with his fierce and cold eyes, "I'm giving you three seconds to get lost."

 

They were shocked, the cold look that Minho was giving them were sending shivers down their spines, "We..."

 

"2....." The girls shrieked and quickly left the ice prince alone.Minho flinched the side of his mouth abit and was about to enter the ballroom.

 

 "Yah Choi MinHo shii!!"

 

Minho jerked because all of the sudden, he felt a person plunging unto his back with an arm around him from behind.

 

Minho turned around and slapped JongHyun on his right arm, "Yah you scared the chickens out of me.." It was only in front of his cousin brother and childhood friend, JongHyun was he able to warm up abit.

 

JongHyun laughed as gently massaged his arm, "Gosh my arm! Yah if it doesn't function well anymore, you'll have to bear full responsibility.." JongHyun playfully pouted as he pretended to be fatally wounded by Minho. As the General Manager in Shinhwa and because of their blood relation, JongHyun too was one of the VIPs of the annual dinner.

 

Minho chuckled, "Like what? Don't worry, you only need your mouth to get chicks.." he teased JongHyun. JongHyun is well known to be a Casanova in the industry, he works hard and 'plays' hard too. And he doesnt hide it.

 

JongHyun laughed, "That reminds me, you still owe me a favour.So let's go the the pub now, you'll have to accompany me tonight." he dragged Minho's arm, hoping that this time he would succeed in bring this ice prince to the pub. JongHyun was aware of Minho's situation, his cousin hated women to the max, no, to be exact, his cousin hated love. But he strongly felt that Minho should follow his footsteps.Jonghyun wasn't sure how much he believed in true love because he knew that both of them would definitely end up in an arranged marriage, given their social status and wealth.

 

Minho tried to push JongHyun's arm away but he clinged on like a koala bear to him, "Yah ani ani, i hate going to those places, you know that."

 

"Ahhh come on..just this once, yah hyung? just this once..."

 

....

 

Taemin gently tucked her folded skirt properly and arranged her tucked-in shirt nicely as she sat down at the second roll in the lecture theatre. it wasn't easy to have an opportunity like this for education, at least not for her. Taemin's family background wouldn't allow so, her druken father is hardly even a father to her. Taemin had to drop out from high school because her father got both of them into deep financial troubles. And Taemin had no choice but to pick up extra jobs just to earn money for food. She remembered how she used to sneak into the school compound just to listen to classes and how she begged her classmates to share their notes with her.

 

Taemin smiled as she took out her stationary and eagerly waited for Kibum to arrive. She met Kibum during high school and both of them became acquainted instantly probably because of their similar family background. Taemin used to think that life wasn't treating her fair, not until she heard Kibum's story. Kibum's losee of parents when she was in her adolescence and her struggle to live on her own made Taemin determined to be a fighter in life.

 

Kibum finally arrived and landed herself in the sit next to Taemin. "Kibum ahh! You're almost late!" Taemin playfully smacked Kibum's hands, "Omo, i thought we agreed that we must  be well dressed, at least for the first lecture of the semester?" Taemin laughed as she pointed to Kibum's ed shirt. Both Taemin and Kibum had finally saved up enough for their second semester in the college. Taemin was eager to attend classes, it was her dream to graduate from college and get a decent job.

 

Kibum laughed. She spreaded her legs and arms wide as she fanned herself with her hands, like a boss, "Yah i ran all the way here okay, Ms Taemin." Taemin immediately tried to nudge Kibum to close her legs and arms because people around the lecture theatre were looking at them with weird glances.

 

"You've been staying up late again, haven't you?" Taemin eyed Kbum with suspicion.

 

Kibum immediately tensed up the moment she heard Taemin's question. "Erm.... yah no, of course not okay. I... I had insomnia..." Taemin bit her lips, Kibum had been acting really strange recently. She knew that it was a usual thing for Kibum to take a few jobs a day, but she had been acting rather weird these few days. "Tell me, are you taking up too many jobs?" Taemin asked with worry in her eyes.

 

Kibum sighed as she though of how her relatives have ganged up against her to get the insurance Kibum's parents left for her. It wasn't a large sum of money, it was just enough to allow Kibum to pay her college fees. But still, her relatives are insisting on their right to inherit the insurance money. "Ahh ani aniyo." Kibum faked a smile and pinched Taemin's cheeks, she didn't want Taemin to be worried, "Don't worry okay,I'm fine, really, it's just insomnia.." Taemin laughed as she smacked Kibum's right leg again, "Okay, put your legs together ahhh, the lecturer is here adi!" Kibum gulped, she quickly sat up straight and pull her legs together.

 

**********

 

to be continued..