Chapter 10

Poison to My Soul

i really appreciate my readers who waited patiently for my updates..writing a fanfic is not as simple as u think, i'm a full time student with other priorities in my life as well, if you cannot wait and can't afford to be polite when you leave comments, you can click the 'unsubscrib' button and get lost.. sorry if i sound rude, i'm pretty sure other fic writers share the same thoughts as well when it comes to impatient and rude readers..

 

anyway, i am really sorry for the late updates..was so busy with lunar chinese new year and i got really sick.. 2min jongkey fighting! =)

 

**************

 

"Mwo?! General manager?" 

 

Taemin frozed after listening to what Kibum told her, "The guy who you and hurt you that night was our General Manager?" Taemin finds it really hard to accept it, it really is such a coincident.

 

"Taeminie, he didn't me, I offered myself okay. And he was really gentle towards me..." Kibum smiled a little, thinking of how gentle Jonghyun was when he dressed her wounds. Taemin laughed and pushed Kibum at her shoulder slightly, "Ouch! Taeminie! My feet still hurts yah.."

 

"Good, don't forget that General Manager Kim is a Casanova Kibumie ahh." Taemin reminded. Kim Jonghyun was a known Casanova in Shinhwa Hotel, many of the female employees fantasizes about him, and some are rumoured to have slept with him before. Taemin was a bit worried that Jonghyun didn't had enough 'fun' with Kibum that night and is trying to get near to Kibum.

 

"Aikss, i know i know." Kibum nodded her head. "Not like i'm going to fall heads over heels for him Taeminie ahh."

 

*********

 

Taemin noticed the unfriendly auro that was surrounding her that evening when she arrived for her shift. She was making her way through the hallway but people that were passing by her were either avoiding her gaze and greetings, or were whispering something to the person beside them.

 

Taemin felt really confused. Did she wear the wrong uniform to work? Is something on her face? Did she do something wrong?

 

Taemin tried her best to ignore all the strange looks that she was receiving and continue walking towards the employees changing area to get herself ready. She arrived in front of her locker and was excited because she saw Mi Sun's locker opened and she was standing behind her locker, probably getting herself ready too. Taemin smiled, she was eager to talk to her good friend, she wanted to ask whether the event went well, she was hoping that her sudden fainting didn't spoil the event.

 

Taemin went forward with smiles, she was about to gently nudge Mi Sun's shoulder but it seems that Mi Sun already knew that she was here. Mi Sun avoided her touch and turned around, her facial expression was so stern and cold. 

 

"What do you want from me?"

 

Taemin was taken aback by Mi Sun's unfriendlyness, "I...Annyeong ahh, Mi Suniiee.. I was wanted to ask you about the event.." Before Taemin could finish her sentence, Mi Sun snapped. Good grief, she actually has the guts to talk about this! Mi Sun thought. Images of Minho carrying Taemin flooded her mind and jealousy instantly filled her heart.

 

"Stay away from me, you liar!!" 

 

Taemin took a few steps back because Mi Sun looked really upset. She was shocked because of Mi Sun's sudden change in attitude. Did something happen? "Mi Sun ahhh...what.."

 

Mi Sun on the other hand, was totally disguster by Taemin's reactions. She couldn't sleep last night because she was so upset that her plans to get closer to Minho failed and it was all because of her best friend who claimed that she wasn't close with Minho but in fact she was. Mi Sun fisted both her hands, "I can't believe that you are such a liar, Taemin. How stupid am i to believe you when you said that you are not close with Mr. Choi!"

 

"Ani ahh Mi Sun, please listen to me.." Taemin wanted to explain. Mi Sun must have misunderstood her. She must have thought that Taemin secretly befriended Minho or did something get in good terms with him. But she really didn't do any of such things.

 

"No!! I'm not going to listen to any of your lies anymore! Don't ever talk to me in the future!!" Mi Sun slammed her locker door closed and left Taemin there. Taemin had to hold back her tears, she felt very sad because she really didn't plan any of the events, she really didn't.

 

Mi Sun ahh, it's not what you think it is...

 

************

 

Minho let out a sigh as he closed the green hard cover file and handed it over to Secretary Han.

 

"Han, make sure this goes to Manager Yun by tomorrow morning." Secretary Han was around the age of fifty, he had been a loyal employee to Shinhwa ever since he entered the company at the age of twenty five. He had served both Minho's grandfather and father before Minho took over their position in Shinhwa. "I need the file with the detailed budgets and the master file of our suppliers." 

 

Minho massaged his temples as he placed his elbow on his wide desk. With the upcoming expansion project of Shinhwa Hotel in Busan, there was a lot of finalisation work to be done for tomorrow's meeting. Looks like it's another night in his office. 

 

Seretary Han frowned slightly, "Mr. Choi, it's already half past twelve, wouldn't it be better if you leave the budgets for tomorrow?" He suggested politely, hoping that the young Choi Minho wouldn't compromise his health for the sake of his family business because he had seen how his grandfather Choi Yeon Myung did so.

 

"Gwencahan Han, i will stay back tonight, you can go now." Minho decided to close his eyes and rest for a while before continuing with his work. No, he didn't really like to go home. Nothing was there at home for him, it's just a huge huge mansion filled with expensive furniture. At least it wasn't like this, not after his mother committed suicide.

 

Minho stood up from his chair. Ahh Choi Minho, not again. He sat back on his chair. He has been having the urge to walk to the basement staff area this whole day. His mind had been constantly 'attacked' by images of Taemin since this morning and God knows how many times he had to stop himself from pulling out Taemin's records from the Human Resource Department to find out about her shcedules. Minho's personal assistants reported to him that Taemin left swiftly that night. They insisted for her to finish her dinner but she ate a little bit and left. Is she feeling better now? Is she okay? Too many questions were popping into his mind, plus he is so tired right now. He stood up and walked towards the door, he decided to put aside all his concerns and go to the basement kitchen area to try out his luck. He was praying, hoping to bump into Taemin again.

 

**********

 

Minho couldn't help but to feel disappointed and started regretting not checking Taemin's schedule. He was nearing the end of the basement hallway and so far he spotted no signs of Taemin. Minho sighed. He made his way to the ground floor through the staircase and heard a familiar voice coming from the side door of the ground floor's restaurant area.

 

Minho's heart skipped, he went near the side door and slowly pushed the door open.

 

"Yes sir, would you like your dessert to be served now? Ermm, no, i shouldn't ask like this... Yes sir, do you want your dessert now?"

 

Minho smiled when he saw Taemin inside the restaurant. She was standing next to a table, conversing with an invisible guest. She was wearing the Shinhwa employees' uniform and looking so cute as she attempted to serve her invisible customer.

 

"So my hotel is haunted, i guess?"

 

Taemin gasped when she heard Minho's voice, she looked up and was shocked to see Minho. "Mr. C...ermm, Min..Minho shi..." Taemin said as she lowered her head, she was blushing. Minho was looking so handsome as he had always been, but she could notice he slight dark rings undernearth his eyes.

 

Minho laughed as he walked towards Taemin. Her cute reactions when he was like an energy pill to him. "I suppose it's your responsibility to report to me if you find out that the hotel is haunted instead of serving him secretly in the midnight..." Minho continued to tease Taemin and she chuckled a little, "Aniyo, there is no ghost. I'm just practising for my upcoming practical test, i hope you won't mind it, i have asked my supervisor for permission.." 

 

"Oh. You're still studying? majoring in hotel management?" Minho asked, he realized that he didn't know much about Taemin yet. Taemin nodded her head shyly, "Neh ermm, i am." 

 

Taemin watched with confusion as Minho smiled and sat on the chair where her invisible guest sat just now. "Urmm, what..what are you doing o?" Taemin asked softly. Minho laughed, "I suppose it's better to serve a live human being than an imaginery customer yah?" 

 

"But...." Taemin was worried. Her colleagues have been throwing her unfriendly glances because of her close interactions with Minho, plus Mi Sun is upset with her, it's not good if she continues associating herself with Minho.

 

Minho kept his laughter and pretended to put on a stern look on his face, "Miss, where is the menu?"

 

"I...ermmm....the menu.." Taemin quickly grabbed the menu from the side tables and showed it to Minho.

 

"Taemin ahh, you should always offer the customer their napkin first before showing the menu." Minho whispered softly to Taemin before 'resuming' to his role as a customer. "Ahhh! I'm so sorry! Neh neh, ermm. Sir, here is your napkin." Taemin quickly handed a neatly folded white napkin with both her hands to Minho, she was epecting Minho to accept it.

 

"Miss, put it on for me please.." 

 

"Mwo?!" Taemin opened her eyes wide and her cute reactions made Minho laughed a little. "Taemin ahh, sometimes customers are demanding you know..." Taemin bit her lips, "But....but it's not in the textbook..." 

 

"Miss..i'm waiting...." Minho resumed his customer role and pretended to be impatient. He wanted to use this opportunity to get closer to Taemin, he missed the way her soft hands held unto his that night in his personal resting room.

 

"I...ermmmm....." Taemin blushed as she slowly bowed a little, unfold the napkin and slowly placed it on Minho's lap. Her heart was skipping because of the close proximity she was with Minho. She was hoping that Minho wouldn't notice her heartbeat and blushing. Minho on the other hand was with all smiles as he enjoyed this moment. He had Taemin so close to him that he could smell the fragance that was coming from Taemin in between her neck and shoulders. Taemin's shirt was slightly opened when she bowed and Minho could see the exposed skin of her collarbone area. Minho felt the temperature rising.

 

Taemin placed the napkin on Minho's lap and quickly went back to stand next to the table. Her face was bursting with redness. The tip of her fingers touched Minho's lap and she was so close to Minho. 

 

"And that is an example of a customer request that you should turn down, Taemin.." Taemin gasped when she heard Minho's words, "But...but you..." but Minho insisted her to do so! "Yah i was just testing you...ah hemmm, let's continue.." Minho had to hide his laughter because Taemin's facial expressions right now was priceless, she was looking so dumbfounded.

 

That night was like magic for Minho. He enjoyed every moment he had with Taemin in the restaurant, imposing as a customer and having Taemin to serve him. Taemin's reactions, her smiles and her everything was like an energy pill that took away all the tiredness that Minho was feeling that very instant.

 

************

 

to be continued...