Chapter 4

Poison to My Soul

Thankies for the comments..appreciate them lots.. :)

 

*****

 

Kibum couldn't remember how she found her way back from Gangnam area to her place. All she remembers was the tears clouding her eyes, how her body ached all over especially in between her legs and the sound of her bare feet pressing against the roads. Her hands were soaked by tears when she tried countless times to fit the key into her room door but she was trembling so much that it wouldn't go in.
 

 

"You tried to cheat on me?!"
 

 

"You can take my money, only after you have provided your service!!"

 

 

Jonghyun's stern voice and the anger that was burning in his eyes were still so vivid to Kibum. She immediately put on extra clothing and pants the moment she managed to enter her room with flashbacks of Jonghyun's faces flooding her mind. Tears were drowning her vision but it could not take away the shame and fear that she was feeling right now.
 

 

The tiny room that Kibum could afford to rent seems to be getting smaller and smaller every second as she put on more clothes, and the walls seem to be closing down on her bit by bit.
 

 

Extra clothing weren't sufficient to get rid of the guilt that Kibum was feeling right now. The moment she saw the love marks that Jonghyun left around her neck and all over her body while he teased and her skin, and the slight swollen-ness around her wrist, arms and waist because he held her with too much force, she started crying again. She made her way into the tiny bathroom that was attached to the room and started turning on the hot shower and scrubbing herself with soap, hoping to wash away the love marks and bruises Jonghyun left on her.
 

 

'Kibumie!!!!"
 

 

Kibum was about to scrub harder, ignoring the pain that she was feeling, but Taemin came bursting into her apartment room.
 

 

"Kibum shii what are you doing?!?!" Taemin was horrified by the sight that greeted her the moment she entered Kibum's place. Kibum was wearing three or four extra layers of clothes and pants. Her whole body is soaking wet, the makeup was a mess on her face and her eyes were swollen red. Taemin was hoping to meet Kibum to do some revision for the upcoming lecture but she got extra worried when Kibum didn't reply her text message.
 

 

Taemin took away the scrub from Kibum's hands, "What...what happened, Kibummie?" Taemin was hoping for a reply from Kibum but she simply started crying. Taemin quickly ushered Kibum out of the bathroom and started taking off the extra layers of clothing after putting Kibum to sit on the floor.
 

 

Thousand and one questions were clouding Taemin's mind but all of it were soon answered when she undressed Kibum from the inner most layer of extra clothing and found the revealing black polka dot dress inside. Taemin roughly knew wat was going on now, "Kibum ahhh, you..." Kibum met Taemin's eyes and started sobbing, "I...I didnt mean for it to go this far, Taemin ahh, really!I thought i could escape in time!" Kibum started confessing everything as she held onto Taemin"s hands. "I...I really had no choice! They will take away my money!" Taemin frowned sadly as she hugged Kibum, "Unnie you're such a pabo! You should have told me, we can think of a solution together!"
 

 

Kibum didn't respond, she merely held unto Taemin and cried. Taemin pushed Kibum away slightly and examined her body. "Did he do this to you?Oh my...your wrist is swollen!" Kibum wiped her tears away abit and took a clear look of the love marks and bruises on her. "Promise me you won't do such things anymore in the future, you could have been murdered...or, he could have been an AIDS carrier or transmit some weird disease to you!" Taemin was worried. Kibum nodded, "But he seemed like a fine guy to me, i was observing him for quite a while in the club, he was rather polite. At least he is good looking...." Taemin smacked Kibum's forehead gently, "To think that you can actually joke after what he has done to you...Does it hurt..?" Taemin asked gently and Kibum nodded her head. Taemin read before that having the first time hurts a lot, not to mention when the male isn't entirely gently. The tearing and excruciating pain was still fresh in Kibum's mind.
 

 

Taemin started applying oilment onto Kibum's bruises and wiped the excessive make up off her face while Kibum calmed herself down. "Kibum ahh, i will tell superior Yeon that you will join me for night shifts from tomorrow onwards....." this was the only way to earn extra income. Kibum gasped, "Mwo?!" her voice were still shaky-ish because of all the crying just now, but..night shifts?! "Ani! Taeminie ahh, you know that im scared of ghosts, and that hotel has it all!" The mere thought of night shifts was sending chills down Kibum's spine, she heard far too many stories about Shinhwa Hotel during her part-time shifts.
 

 

Taemin couldn't suppress the laughter because of Kibum's facial expression, "I'm scared too actually. But ive been doing night shifts for almost half a year already, and i haven't seen one yet...." Kibum gulped, looks like she has no choice after all. Kibum wouldn't want to sell herself off for money anymore. She counted herself lucky to meet Jonghyun. Even though he was rough towards her, but he was good enough to let her go at the end. Kibum doubted that she would be able to survive if she had encountered someone else.
 

 

**************************************
 

 

XOXO Bar, Gangnam area.
 

 

"Still waiting for her to turn up?"
 

 

Jonghyun chuckled as bartender Yoon asked. This handsome Casanova had been showing up here faithfully for the past five days and Yoon found out yesterday that Jonghyun is actually hoping to meet the girl he met here the other day again.
 

 

"You know, there are more than fifty bars down this street..."

 

Jonghyun sighed, "yeah.." he knew that he might be waiting for nothing in the end, but he still wanted to give a try.
 

 

'I...I can explain, please!"
 

 

"Please! NO!! I can explain!!"
 

 

Jonghyun took a deep breathe and closed his eyes. He still hears her cries and pleas the past few nights when he sleeps. She must have been forced to sell herself for money, from the way she trembled, the way she made blunt requests to him and from the fact that she is still a . Was, the correct word to use is 'was'. She was a , not until he mercilessly took her. Jonghyun sighed again and took a big gulp of his drink.
 

 

He should have allowed her to explain, and he should have been more gentle towards her. But he couldn't explain his anger. Maybe he was hoping that she would be different from the other hookers, thats why he was so angry when he saw her wanting to escape with his money.
 

 

"Jonghyun shii...." a few tall, slim and y looking girls approached Jonghyun, "You haven't been spending much time with us lately...we miss you..." they purred, hoping to bring Jonghyun over to their table. Guys like Jonghyun was equivalent to a pot of gold to the girls. Not only is he handsome and rich, he wants a no-strings-attached relationship that the girls are after for.
 

 

"No. Sorry girls, i"m not in the mood.." Jonghyun bent down his head and took another sip of his drink. He heard the girls letting out a short sigh as they went to approach other men that were sitting around the bartender's island counter.
 

 

Why hasn't she appear yet? Jonghyun was hoping that the girl would show up again. Since she is desperate for money, she will ultimately need to do something for it. But Jonghyun was sincerely hoping that the girl wouldn't resort to selling herself for money again. The thought that other men wrapping their arms around her and tasting her made Jonghyun really mad. Not to mention, the possibility of her getting hurt by other men was huge. Jonghyun was seriously contemplating the need to visit all the other clubs in Gangnam street to find the girl, maybe he really should.
 

 

*********
 

 

Taemin placed her casual attire into the locker and smoothened her working outfit as she checked herself in the mirror along with the rest of her colleagues. Another busy day ahead of her in the Shinhwa Hotel and she must work harder, she wanted to share Kibum's financial burden too.
 

 

Shinhwa Hotel had a very standardized working uniform for their female employees, a white buttoned top with an A-shaped black skit, along with a pair of blue navy shoes. And Taemin is always filled with happiness the moment she puts on this outfit. She considers this the best outfit she has, apart from her previous high school uniform because for once, Taemin felt that she could afford to wear something that made her look proper and presentable.
 

 

"Ah, did you hear about the CEO thingie news?"
 

 

"Omo, ya i did, i wonder whose blanket is that..."
 

 

"I think it was a one night stand, and he still wants another round.."
 

 

"Yah Hyorin ahh! That's such an inappropriate thing to think about!"
 

 

"Aish, that's what everybody is guessing, but none of you guys are willing to admit, am i not right?!"
 

 

CEO thingie? Taemin was confused. CEO.... Taemin blushed slightly the moment the thought about her encounter with Minho the other night at the kitchen basement area. She hasn't seen Minho around here ever since then, he must be really busy. Ah, pabo Taemin, of course he is busy, he is the CEO after all, so stop thinking about him..
 

 

"Taemin ahhh, have you seen the thing yet?"
 

 

"Mwo? What thing?" Taemin smiled when her colleague, Mi Sun jerked her at her shoulder. Mi Sun had been working in Shinhwa Hotel for almost five years already. She got to know Mi Sun the moment she started working here and probably due to the similarities in their family background, they became acquainted soon, Mi Sun's family was also poor, she couldn't even afford to finish her high school education.
 

 

Mi Sun was being very stern and quiet today, she pulled Taemin to the staff pantry area where many other employees were talking and crowding around something that was placed in the middle of the room. "Taemin ahhh, isn't that yours?" Mi Sun whispered to Taemin. She couldn't be wrong, she has seen Taemin carrying the same brown blanket during the times when they served night shift together.
 

 

Taemin took a glance at the object. My blanket! Taemin gasped, "Eh!" she was about to go forward to grab it but Mi Sun pulled her back and Taemin was startled. "Mi Sun?" "Aikks, don't tell me you wannt to become the center of gossip among the staff here??" Mi Sun tried to look away to hide the uneasiness and jealousy that she was feeling. It really is Taemin's blanket.
 

 

"Oh.." Taemin pouted, she never thought that much, she only wanted her blanket back, that was the blanket that her mother made for her before she passed away. Mi Sun pulled Taemin to the other side of the staff pantry, "Tell me, tell me honestly, were you really having a one night stand with the CEO?" she was eager to know, really eager.
 

 

Taemin opened her eyes wide, "Aniyah!!" "Really?Then why is your blanket with Mr. Choi? And why did he initiated such a search for the owner of the blanket?" Mi Sun was still skeptical, Choi Min Ho wasn't the kind of people that would do something if it didn't mean anything to him, not to mention he promised to reward anyone with six months' bonus if they can identify the owner of the blanket. Choi Min Ho must be really desperate for the owner of the blanket, he must be really desperate to see Taemin.
 

 

Taemin was confused, "I really didn't ahh Mi Sun. I only helped him that night when he got himself cut and drunk, that's all, really. And i don't know why he wants to find me, maybe he wants to thank me, thats all?" Mi Sun nodded her head curtly, "Yah, i think that's about it too," she eyed Taemin, it was rather impossible for a CEO to have a liking for Taemin, she is way too... skinny and stupid. Words like pretty, kind, innocent, gentle, loyal and loving was surfacing inside Mi Sun's mind but she totally ignored them. "I seriously think that you shouldn't step up and admit it belongs to you.."
 

 

"Why?" Taemin frowned, "But i really want back my blanket..." that was the only thing that reminded Taemin of her mother.
 

 

Mi Sun pulled Taemin out of the staff pantry and towards the hallway, "Think about it, you will be on deep trouble if everyone knows its you, think about how the seniors will hate you! They would probably hate Kibum too! Don't tell me you want both of you to get sacked?"
 

 

The moment Mi Sun mentioned Kibum's name, Taemin immediately pulled back his decision. Yea, many of the female employees have the dream of marrying their handsome and rich CEO. Being the center of a gossip would definitely make Taemin and Kibum's working life tough here in Shinhwa. Taemin can very well get another job elsewhere, but Kibum's situation doesn't permit her to do so too. She wouldn't bear to get her best friend implicated merely because of her own personal desires. Taemin pouted and look one last glance of her brown blanket while Mi Sun silently celebrated.

 

 

*****************

 

to be continued..