Chapter 8

Poison to My Soul

The employees of Shinihwa were running here and there, busy finishing up their preparations. All of them were eager to make today's event a successful one. Taemin was the only one leaning against the huge pillar in the lobby while the rest of the employees were busy. Taemin really wanted to help, but she felt her breathing becoming increasingly difficult as her body temperature rised. She placed her right hand on her chest, hoping to calm herself a bit.

 

Mi Sun was in all smiles right now. She went to Taemin's side, "Everything is almost perfect, you know." MI Sun was really excited, not only was she given the opportunity to do a few major task for today's event, she was actually chosen by Supervisor Yoon to line up at the front door to greet the guest. She was hoping that Minho would notice her, or get to know her through the hard work that she had put in for today's event.

 

Taemin was still panting slightly, but she smiled because Mi Sun looked really happy today and she is happy for her too. "Mi Sun ahh, i think you did really well.." Mi Sun's smile was even wider the moment she heard Taemin's words, "Really?? Well, if only Mr Choi Min Ho thinks so too...." her voice became gradually softer and Taemin couldn't hear it properly. "Mwo?"

 

Mi Sun blushed and shaked her head, "Ani ani ani.. Taemin ahh, do you know who the important guest is?" Mi Sun was too busy anticipating Minho's arrival that she failed to notice that her friend was actually sick. Taemin shaked her head gently, truthfully speaking, she doesn't know. She doesn't know any sort of these news, because she had been working around the kitchen and basement areas mainly. "Have you heard of Han Gyung Min? He runs the Four Seasons Hotel." 

 

"Isn't that..the hotel that is competing directly against Shinhwa?" Taemin heard of this hotel, when the chefs share their stories and gossips in the kitchens. "Neh, ironically, Han Gyung Min is actually a distant relative of Mr. Choi's family. They say that Han Gyung Nim is here for a friendly-family visit, but we all doubt so. Ever since their incorporation, they have been eyeing Shinhwa, hoping to take over Shinhwa." Taemin nodded her head, "Thats why we must put up a perfect event today.." Taemin would definitely want to contribute to make Shinhwa's image better, but she was seriously considering whether she should not be lined at the grand entrance to welcome the guest, she was afraid that her body would fail her. 

 

"Ermm, Mi Sun ahh, i think it's better if i don't......." Taemin was about to suggest to Mi Sun to remove her from today's event but Supervisor Yoon called them to standby.

 

"Guys guys!! All of you in your positions!!! The President's car has already entered the coutyard!!"

 

All of the employees quickly put down or finish whatever they are doing and got themselves ready at their respective positions. Taemin took a deep breathe and tucked her hands properly. She was trying her best to fight the dizziness that was increasing every second as time passed. Oh Taemin ahh, hang in there okay, hang in there.

 

*************

 

"Yah!! Stop there!! Don't run anymore!!"

 

Kibum could hear Jonghyun's voice behind her as she ran for her life along the hallways and into the emergency stairs. Why is he still chasing after me?! Didn't i not take his money?? So many thoughts were going through her mind as she ran. 

 

Jonghyun was hoping that Kibum would stop because she had nothing on her feet and the emergency stairs will lead her to outdoor courtyards of Shinhwa hotel. But Kibum couldn't care less, she continued running even though she could feel the grass and ground beneath her feet.

 

"Yah!! Stop running!! You're not wearing any shoes yah!!" Jonghyun yelled and continued chasing after Kibum, he was worried that Kibum would hurt herself because the courtyard were basically gardens and parks. It was only until when Kibum felt a sharp pain shooting from her feet because she stepped on a few stones that were very sharp, she fell onto the grass as she squeaked in pain, "Ahh...!" 

 

Jonghyun's heart dropped the moment he saw blood flowing from Kibum's feet. He kneeled down, wanted to hold Kibum's feet to take a closer look at her wound but Kibum was so afraid of him. She wrapped her arms around her body and tried to move backwards, away from Jonghyun. "Please don't hurt me, i didn't take your money.. Please..." Kibum started crying, she really didn't want the incident to repeat again. The shame, guilt and pain were too much for her to bear.

 

Jonghyun sighed, he regretted his actions that night even more after seeing how fearful Kibum is towards him. He lifted up both his hands in the air, "I promise i'm not going to hurt you, I promise." Jonghyun looked at Kibum sincerely, hoping that she would allow him to go near her. "Just let me see your wounds, okay?"

 

Kibum stared at Jonghyun warily as she allowed Jonghyun to examine the wounds. She was still wrapping her arms around her chest as a means of protection against Jonghyun. "I need to apply medicine on you.." Jonghyun was worried, Kibum's wounds seem to be slightly serious, it would be better to dress the wound now. He stood up and went nearer to Kibum, he wanted to carry her to his office because it would be painful for Kibum to walk but Kibum squeaked the moment Jonghyun came near.

 

"What..what are you doing??" Kibum held her clothes even tighter. Jonghyun knew what Kibum was worried about, "Im not goin to hurt,okay? Just let me carry you, you wont have the strength to walk." Kibum bit her lips, Jonghyun was right, but she was afraid, this was the same guy who gave her a taste of fear. "Why should i trust you? Even the securitiy guards here look more truthworthy than you.." "Mwo?! You're saying that i look worse than the guards?!" Jonghyun was slightly pissed but amused by Kibum's cheekiness, he was dressed in the most expensive suit that could be found in Korea, he was wearing the golden nametag that only the highest management of Shinhwa have and this little missy is actually saying that even a security guard looks better than him? Jonghyun went towards Kibum, ignored all her protest and carried her like a sack of potatos across his right shoulder and walked into the hotel building.

 

*********************

 

Taemin saw a black limousine stopping at the front porch and out came several men dressed in suits and a woman. Supervisor Yoon signalled Taemin and the girls to clap their hands as President Choi, Minho, Han Gyung Min and the beautiful looking woman made their way through the grand entrance of Shinhwa hotel. Han Gyung Min was a really good looking young man, he was tall and slim like Minho, but his facial expressions were even more fierce and stern looking than Minho's.

 

People around Taemin were clapping their hands and cheering but Taemin could feel her head getting heavier and heavier as she continued to clap her hands and put on a smile. She felt the temperature rising and her vision getting more and more blur. But Taemin saw Minho walking into the lobby, looking all dashing and handsome in the black and white suit. Taemin felt herself blushing. She haven't seen Minho for alomost a week and he still looks so good. If this was a dream, Minho would be the prince charming walking into his grand castle. 

 

Is he looking at me? Taemin wasn't sure, Minho seems to be looking at him, he seems to be frowning too. Mr. CEO.. Taemin's mind was gradually shutting down as the fever took over her. Taemin closed her eyes as she finlly gave in to the fever, little did she know she fell into a pair of strong arms....

 

**********************

 

Minho had no liking whatsoever for today's event. In his opinion, today's schedule was a complete redundant one. If Han Gyung Min wasn't his grandfather's relative, he would have shown him no respect at all. Because this young entreprenuer had been showing no respect to his market competitors ever since Four Seasons Hotel managed to gain establishment in the market.

 

Minho noticed her the very moment he got down from the car. He had been thinking of her for so many nights, wondering why wouldn't she come forth to get her blanket back from him. She still look the same as the other night, her dark brown shoulder length hair is placed behind her ears neatly, except that she seemed uneasy today. The other employees were cheering and clapping, throwing their focus and glances towards them, but she was gazing into the thin air. 

 

Minho wanted to hold her frail looking shoulders. As he went closer to the entrance, he noticed that she seemed to be having slight breathing difficulties, and her face was pale and cheeks flushed pink. His next discovery made him frowned even more. Minho realize that her tiny hands were covered with cuts and bruises.

 

"Minho..?" President Choi realize that Minho stopped walking, "Is something wrong?" Minho shaked his head, "Ani haraboji. I saw an important friend, will join you guys in a while." President Choi nodded his head, "Urm, okay. Don't be too late then." He proceeded to guide Han Gyung Min and the woman towards the convention hall as Minho approached Taemin, ignoring the fact that the other employees were gasping and throwing curious glares.

 

Minho wanted to talk to Taemin, but before he could do so, he noticed that Taemin's eyes were closing and her body was swaying. He instantly went forward to pull Taemin, allowing her body to collapse into his arms. As soon as Taemin's body came into contact with Minho's arms, he immediately felt the heat that was coming from Taemin's body. She's having a fever! 

 

Supervisor Yoon rushed to Minho as soon as they finish escorting the guest into the convention hall, "Mr Choi, i'm so sorry, i apologize on behalf of my subordinate for her careless actions.." Minho wasn't concerned about Yoon at all, "Yoon, your subordinate is having a high fever and still you put her on duty?!" Minho raised his voice slightly. "I...I'm really sorry Sir, this won't happen again, please allow us to take her to the medical bay.." Supervisor Yoon signalled two of the male employees to come forth and take Taemin to see the doctor but Minho refused, "Aniya, I will take care of her." Minho carried Taemin in a bridal style and walked away, leaving all the employees flusttered and Mi Sun burning in disappointment and jealousy watching Minho pouring so much care and concern towards Taemin.

 

*****************************

 

to be continued..