10

One More Try

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?"
Byunghun asked the very not-so Jiyeon.
She's been quiet, and she's always just looking straight. 
There are no emotions on her face.
 
When Byunghun didn't get any response, he poked her shoulder. "Jiyeon-ah?"
Jiyeon blinked and slowly looked at his side. "Hm?"
He rolled his eyes and said, "We'll talk later after this class."
She just blinked and went back to what was she doing earlier.
 
When the class was over, Byunghun held on Jiyeon's wrist and pulled her with him.
Where? On the university's rooftop, where no one would usually come since the university has many spots to loiter on.
"What are we doing here Byunghun?" Jiyeon asked confusedly. It was lunch time, they should be heading to the cafeteria to eat.
He closed the door and walked towards her. "We need to talk."
 
"Talk about what?" She innocently blinked.
"Talk about why are you having that poker face." He pointed at her face. "I'm not used to your quiet side Jiyeon. Usually, you will punch me as your greetings in the morning but these past days, you never did it!"
She just kept quiet and gulped as she looked down. She was just not in the mood these past days that's why.
"Are you being like this because Myungsoo's sudden appearance?" He asked straight to the point.
 
She gulped once more before looking up at him with wide eyes and narrowed brows. "W-what?"
"I know what happened already Jiyeon. I knew it was Myungsoo, your first boyfriend." He firmly said.
She just sighed and sat down with crossed legs on the floor. He did the same.
"You know what? You can actually tell everything to me. And what's best for now is for you to let out what you're feeling right now. I'm always here to be your shoulder to cry on. You do know that." He said as he looked at her.
She raked her fingers on her hair and bit her lower lip to prevent her threatening tears to fall. "I... I don't know Byunghun.. I don't know why I'm being like this after seeing him again."
 
She removed her grip on her hair and looked up at him with watery eyes. "I.. shouldn't feel something right? I... do know that I don't have feelings for him anymore. I moved on already."
Byunghun softened as he saw a tear just fell from her eye. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and slowly leaned her head on his shoulder.
"Maybe you were just shocked to see him again after 2 years." He tried to comfort her.
She just nodded and just let her tears to fall. "I actually felt angry when I saw him from the burial. And felt angrier when I accidentally bumped into him the other day."
"What?" He blinked and looked down on her. "You saw him twice?"
She nodded and said, "He actually saw me first and he's so annoying that time. He has been bugging me and I don't know why. He could just simply walked passed through me like I don't exist."
He just nodded slowly. What's up with Myungsoo's mind?
 
 
 
 
"What's up with your mind Myungsoo?" Byunghun asked as soon as Myungsoo sat down opposite from him in the same cafe where they met the other day.
"What are you talking about L.Joe?" Myungsoo raised one of his brows as he looked up at him.
"The other day? You saw her right?" Byunghun asked with a slight glare.
Myungsoo scoffed. "And so?"
Byunghun gritted his teeth. "What did you do?"
"Nothing okay. Aish. You sounded like you are her father, you know." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"I'm serious. What did you do to her?" Now Byunghun gave him a really, really serious look which made Myungsoo to feel uncomfortable.
"Aish." Myungsoo made a face. "What's up with your sudden serious attitude? You sounded now like you are her boyfriend."
Byunghun continued to glare at him and that made Myungsoo to gave up.
"Fine. I'll tell you." Myungsoo sighed. "After meeting up with you the other day on the same cafe, it rained! So I ran into the nearest convenience store which is just beside this cafe and bought an umbrella. And when I got out, I saw her standing. And because I knew the stubborn her, I told her to stop what she was thinking to do and she was totally shocked to see me. I just wanted to walk her to the waiting shed and maybe ask if how is she already but I didn't even had the chance because she was too stubborn! All I did was walked her, that only."
 
"You.. wanted to know how is she?" Byunghun slowly asked as he raised one of his brows.
Myungsoo nodded his head. "You see. It has been 2 years already since I last saw her.."
"Pshh. But an like you doesn't deserve to see her again." Byunghun said as he leaned back on his chair.
Myungsoo studied Byunghun's mad face and asked, "Why do you sound so mad? Ever since you knew about me and Jiyeon, you've begun to sound so mad in front of me!"
He gave Byungun a look and slowly asked,  "Do you like Jiyeon?"
 
"What?" Byunghun sat up on his chair with wide eyes. Do I like Jiyeon?
 
 

 

Happy weekend everyone!!! ^_____________^