Remaining Of a Boy

Time Turner

15. And the snow fell

Sehun brushes off his honey-colored locks off his eyes as puffs of smoke escapes both his and Jongin lips each time they exhale. The night is young and the first few stars had just begun to appear, twinkling bright across the dark blue horizon. Sehun glanced at Jongin on his side, absentmindedly smiling as the yellow shine from the street lamp lands on Jongin’s profile. The air is chill, making him tighten his burgundy coat as he raps his neck with his knitted scarf.

“Thank you.”

Sehun shifts his attention to the boy beside him, eye brows raised in confusion at the sudden confess.

“For what?” Sehun asked as he encircles his arms around Jongin’s waist, pressing his forehead with Jongin’s.

“Thank you for finding me, for taking me with you, excepting me for who I am, even if I was transparent, for being there when no one is. For loving me. Just…..thank you…for everything…”

Sehun smiles and claims his lips in a soft kiss. A soft touch. When the both pulled away, Sehun could still see that Jongin still had his eyes closed, the tips of his eyelashes brushing the tops of his cheeks, before his eyes fluttered open, meeting Sehun’s.

There was a silence. A nice and peaceful silence. Sehun scrutinized at the expression Jongin had worn, trying to figure out words of his mind, the thoughts behind his gentle face. But Jongin leaned in, closing the gap between them once again, and Sehun lets Jongin take dominance this time.

It was something wet and cold, landing on the tip of Sehun’s nose that made him pull away from the innocent kiss. He scrunched his nose at the feel, annoyed that their sweet moment had just been ruined. At first, Sehun thought that it was a drop of rain that had fallen.

But then there was white. White and white and Sehun could see small specks of more white twirling down from the sky from his phereperal view.

Winter is here and Jongin was already staring in awe at the first snow of the year, eyes wide and twinkling in amazement. Sehun stretches out his hand to collect the flakes. They were almost like dancing, twirling and whirling before it drops to his palm.

“Jongin, they’re beautiful, right?” Sehun’s eyes are formed to a beautiful eye-smile as he begins to collect more of the snow.

Jongin hummed nonchalantly, eyes busy raking over Sehun’s features from the gentle slope of his forehead to the sharp angle of his nose and the perfect curve of his lips.

 

“Yeah, just like you.”

 

 

16. Contrast

Jongin likes the color of their skin. The color of his and Sehun’s skin.

Ebony and Ivory.

Black and white.

It’s contrasting, but Jongin thinks they fit with one another; Sehun’s snow-white and Jongin’s sun-kissed skin. it’s perfect. Even if Jongin’s body is translucent, but the color of his skin remained solid, he is a ghost after all, a lost soul? maybe.

The color of their skin glistening under the dim light of Sehun’s night lamp is still stunningly beautiful, and Jongin is never tired of the sight of their skin, pressed to one another as they mold into one, every night Jongin makes love to him. He can never get enough of Sehun’s body. He would never get enough. Even If right now Sehun’s in a bare state, His body fully exposed, Jongin will never get tired.

 

It’s the same with their voices. Jongin’s tone of voice is low and a slight baritone, stuttering on his own tongue when his cheeks bloom red, while Sehun’s voice is light and gentle, yet still very manly as the words of love flows out from his lips perfectly, every word clear and precise.

 

And Jongin always finds himself at home when he’s close to Sehun. Because home is when his heart is next to him.

 

 

16. Remaining of a boy

“Hey.” Jongin, greets as he opens the door for Sehun. The other smiled briefly and mumbling out a quiet thanks as he steps inside the apartment, sighing in content at the warmth that welcomed him.

“So how’s school today?” Jongin asked casually as he floats his way back to the couch, Sehun following behind him.

“You don’t need to ask. You know I hate it.” Sehun mumbles incoherently and starts to flip the channels of the television.

He stopped when they came to a program that shows an audition of a talent contest and a young boy stood on the middle of the stage. He seems nervous though, not like the other contestants, he lacks of confidence, hands trembling slightly as his knuckles grew white from gripping the microphone to tight.

Jongin sits straight up as he laughs at how cute the boy is, suddenly feeling interested at the show.

“I don’t think he’s going to pass.” Jongin chuckles as he gulps down the canned coke in haste. But Sehun’s mind was somewhere else. Sehun was to busy studying this boy on the television, and god, why does he seem so familiar?

The pretty black haired judge speaks up, a fond smile appearing on her face as she asked him what’s your name and why did he want to join the talent show. The boy answers softly, struggling on his own words as he didn’t dare to look up to the audience at the venue, million pairs of eyes watching him.

“What song are you going to sing?” the other judge asked finally. The boy stood still and seemed to gather up himself before speaking up.

“This is a song I had written myself. A song for my deceased lover. He’s brilliant, he’s smart and very very loving. And I can only hope he would see me here right now from heaven.”

Every one grew silent, the audience, the judges and the host, every one. One of the female judge only wished him good luck before the music comes up and the boy starts to sing sad melodies.

“Style of your hair
Shape of your eyes and your nose
The way you stare as if you see right through to my soul
It's your left hip and the way it's not quite big as your right
The way you stand in the mirror before we go out at night
Our quiet time, your beautiful mind”

Each tune that flows out of his mouth flows perfectly, and Jongin was drawn to this boy. He watches as the boy’s body visibly relaxes within every words that comes out of his pretty lips. Jongin watches and watches, he idly wonders to himself if he’s ever seen this boy somewhere. Somewhere.

“They're all part of the list
things that I miss
things like your funny little laugh or the way you smile or the way we kiss
what I notice is this
I come up with
Something new every single time that I sit and reminisce”

The boy finishes with the low bow and a quiet thank you, his remarkable performance leaving everyone and Jongin stood in awe. The claps and the cheers of the audience echoes the whole venue and after receiving praises from the judges knowing that he had passed the audition, the boy finally left the stage.

But not before Jongin sees a single tear slid down his face.

Another contestant comes in view and starts to sing, but Jongin’s attention to the show had completely been wiped off right after that boy with the light blonde hair had left earlier.

A deafening silent occurred and Jongin shifts his gaze to the boy next to him.

Sehun was crying.

His eyes are settled to the television, but he clearly wasn’t watching. His gaze remained still and avoiding Jongin’s. Tears are welling down his pale, pale cheeks. He then finally wipes them away carelessly, eyes still not meeting Jongin’s.

And that was when Jongin had realized his own cheeks were also wet, wet with tears, so he touches his cheeks with the tips of his fingers, a dull ache settling in his chest. His heart clenches painfully and he wonders why.

 

“Hey Sehun...”

 

“Hm?”

“...Have you ever felt like you’ve seen someone before, but you don’t know when or where? Like as if you’ve known that person forever?”

Sehun straightens himself, getting back to his feet and heads towards his and Jongin’s shared room, without sparing Jongin a single glance.

 

“Yeah. I’m feeling it right now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : The end~ lalalalala~ Anyone needs a tissue? hm? no? oh well then :P So you know the song that 'the boy' aka Luhan had just sang? Well If you want to know, It's Ne-yo's Part Of the List I just had soooooo much feels for that song ;AAA; guys, really, you must listen to the song~ it's very heart wrenching and very sad ;m; btw, please comment and tell me what you think ^^