Time Turner

Time Turner

7. Time turner

The quiet ticking of the pocket watch was the only sound that could be heard in the room. Luhan was silent, his eyes remained steady on the little golden clock that laid in his hands. It was beautiful, encrusted with detailed carvings of willow trees and angles. He watches as the delicate second hand of the clock came ticking within every second, passing each numbers as it goes. The chain of the golden watch was hanging down, slipping out of Luhan’s hands in between his fingers.

A sigh escaped his delicate lips as he slipped on the chain around his neck. It hang low, dangling down as it bumps against his chest within every step he takes.

 

 

A time turner, was what the old man had told him what it was earlier.

A few hours ago, Sehun and Luhan was taking a stroll on the nearby park (a date, was what Sehun liked to call it), the chill air was biting on Sehun’s skin and he shivers from the cold, but Luhan seems to enjoy their walk. He was left amused at the beautiful park that was blanketed with a thin layer of snow and the laughter of the children that were attempting to build snow mans had Luhan smiling.

It was then until an old man with crutches approached them did their step come to a halt. He seemed to be in his late 60s, his frail fingers were shaking as handed Luhan the time turner. His eyes were kind and gentle and a small smile was drawn on his face, making the wrinkles on his features stretch a little wider.

The man had his glasses set on the bridge of his nose and he looked a little tired. But the smile was still present on his face.

“Keep it.” He said, his voice in a gruff and Luhan flinched. The tone of his voice was different to what Luhan had expected, much too harsh for his liking.

“Use it to change your past. You might want to change your fate on dying on that fire accident.”

Luhan gasps at this. His past. How did this man know about his past life? Sehun glanced at Luhan worriedly when the elder stood silent in astonishment. But truthfully, Sehun himself was quiet surprised too at the statement.

“Wait, how did you-“

But Luhan stops when the man merely points at his see-trough body.

“You’re not a human.” He spoke confidently.

 

“That’s what gives it all away.”

 

 

8. A guest

Luhan fiddled with the chain from the time turner; his gift from the old man he and Sehun met yesterday. He neared the younger boy, taking a seat beside him. Sehun who had his nose buried on the book he was currently studying looked up and gave the blonde a brief smile, before returning his attention back to the book.

Luhan’s brows were creased in concentration as he tried to think back to what had happened this morning. Another blast of memory attacked him earlier when Sehun was still fast asleep.

His head throbs so badly and his visions blurred as the memories of the past makes its way back into Luhan’s head. He saw an image of a white cloth in his hand and he sees himself trapped inside a building that was burning down.

He saw the image of the stranger that he had once told Sehun, but this time, his face was much clearer, despite him still not knowing of who it was. Lastly, he saw himself, as he dove down from the building before everything grew pitch black.

 

A small ding-dong broke Luhan’s train of thoughts and Sehun’s attention on the book. The younger rose to his feet, slipping in the bookmark in between the pages of his book hurriedly.

“He’s here.” Sehun muttered quietly to Luhan and the elder only responds him with a confused look.

“Who’s here?”

Sehun who was walking towards the door turned his body back slightly to face Luhan and a small smile was etched on his handsome face.

“My friend. That new guy that I told you. The one who moved recently to my school last Monday. He said he wants to come over today.”

Luhan only gave him a small oh and sits back on his chair, waiting for Sehun to open up the door. He could hear little laughter of Sehun and his friend from the living room and the little conversation of the two. He could hear the sound of the front door being closed again after Sehun had invited his friend to come in and the sounds of their footsteps as they make their way to the living room.

When Sehun and the boy had stepped in the room, Luhan straightens up to his feet, pushing the chair back under the table and he could finally see the guest.

He was a handsome tall boy, a head taller than him, his brown tresses falls perfectly covering his forehead and his eyes were glued to Sehun when he smiles. For the first time, Luhan felt like he’s known this boy since forever. Something like Dejavu. He had dark circles under his eyes and he seems tired, like he had seen too much of this world at such a young age.

Sehun was first to break the silence, introducing his friend to Luhan.

“Luhan, this is my friend, Jongin.”

 

The boy next to Sehun instantly looked up at the word Luhan. His body grew rigid and his eyes were wide in shock and Luhan couldn’t help but to flinch uncomfortably under his stare, fiddling with the zipper of his jacket nervously. He reassured himself that this Jongin guy was just shocked to see his tranparent body like everybody else he has met. But Jongin lets out a whisper that was barely inaudible, his eyes lit up with a glint of hope and his tone was desperate.

 

 

“...Luhan….?”

 

 

 

 


A/N: Sooooo......a cliffhanger I guess? hahaha If you like the story, please subscribe hahaha. Oh, and watch out for the next chapter ;) comments are very welcome <3