A Memory

Time Turner

5. A memory

Confused. That was how Luhan was feeling right now.

Since morning, Luhan was silent and he kept everything to himself, sitting alone in front of the television (without really watching it) which had caused the younger to worry.

Luhan… he called out to him only to be answered by silence. Luhan was thinking. Thinking of every possibilities of his past life, again.

That morning, when Luhan was getting out of his bed, a blast of image shot right through his head and Luhan stumbles back, falling back to the bed. He clenches his teeth when images of a place, a building and a person were being flashed in his mind right before him.

Then he saw fire.

The red flames that set ablaze before his very own eye attacking him and Luhan almost screamed at all the sudden memory that brings him back a little further more to the past. Sehun was shaking Luhan’s shoulders as the boy in his grip was panting and shaking. He takes him in a tight embrace and Luhan finally snaps back to reality, releasing his pent up tears, eyes wide in fear.

When dusk has set, Sehun had Luhan pinned under him on the couch, his eyes lit with determination.

“Tell me….” Sehun spoke ever so quietly, his voice husky and low. Luhan squirms uncomfortably under Sehun’s intense gaze, nevertheless, he feels a dark desire, creeping within him.

“Sehun, get off me….” Luhan’s voice trailed off, avoiding Sehun’s eyes that were sparkling with curiosity.

“Oh? Trying to avoid my question aren’t we?” Sehun leaned in closer to the elder, sandwiching Luhan’s not-so-solid body (he is a mere presence after all) with the soft surface of the couch and his chest. This position was a little too uncomfortable Luhan’s liking and he hides his face in the crook of Sehun’s neck, but that wasn’t enough to cover up his already reddening cheeks.

“I know that something is bothering your mind, Luhan.” He whispers in Luhan’s ear, making the elder shiver.

“Luhan, you saw something didn’t you?”

Luhan gasps and his body remained stoned as he no words came out from his quivering lips. He clutched Sehun’s shirt, desperately trying to regain all of his thoughts together. It’s like all his strength had been drained out his body when Sehun whispers that sentence; Luhan, you saw something didn’t you?

You did Luhan, he reminds himself having a little conversation of his own in his head. You did. You saw your past. Tell Sehun, Luhan. You need to tell him what’s wrong. And that was how he ended his thoughts.

“Y-yeah….I – I saw my past…” His voice was barely a whisper, but Sehun hears him nonetheless.

“The place, the building, the fire, and…me…” Luhan’s eyes were down casted. Sehun had held his breath without he himself knowing and sighs, his expression was hard for Luhan to tell.

“You saw something else, didn’t you?” Sehun breathes out against Luhan’s lips. Yes, Luhan did see something else, but this other thing that Luhan saw was a something Luhan knows might affect on both Sehun and him. But the look in Sehun’s eyes flashed him a sign to go further. Luhan hesitates, but he heaves out a sigh as he went on.

 

“I….I saw someone…”

 

And Luhan crumbles in the inside out. His body slumped and he chokes out a quiet sorry when he feels Sehun’s body grow rigid.

“He might be someone from my past, I don’t know. But I vaguely remember him, a boy with dark brown hair, his face in dismay and the last thing I remember of that boy was…was his frantic expression….”

And there was a silence.

Nobody spoke a single word. The air was tense, both made no movements, scared they might make a wrong move. Sehun stared straight at Luhan whose eyes were tightly shut. He kissed both his eyelids before breaking the silence.

“I – I see…” he utters quietly. “Your past lover.”

The statement made Luhan breakdown into nothingness and he trembles as silent tears flow down.

“I miss him, Sehun.” He sobs. “I miss a stranger from my past that I hardly know and it hurts, Sehun. Damn it hurts so much. I don’t even remember what his face looks like, but I know I longed for him….he’s-he’s like a shadow…. ”

Sehun feels his heart throbs and he somehow finds it hard to breathe when Luhan rambles about somebody else. Somebody else besides him. Luhan buries his face in Sehun’s chest, wiping out his tears in the younger’s shirt as he did so.

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I’m sorry.” He croaks out. “I’m sorry, but you’re not the only one…”

And Sehun didn’t realize how much he cried until a sob escapes his lips. He breathes out shakily and pulls the elder in a tight embrace. His shoulders are shaking but Luhan doesn’t need to know how weak he is, so he forces himself to relax and gives Luhan his handsome smile, even if his eyes are red with tears.

Even if his heart is screaming in agony.

 

“I don’t mind as long as I still have you.”

 

 

6. A life time with you

It was one of those rare moments where Sehun came home from school with a big smile on his face, skipping his way to the living room, his bag bouncing up and down behind him as he did so that Luhan cherishes.

Sehun is madly in love with Luhan and he insists on quitting school to spend the rest of his day, his time, his life only to be with his one and only Luhan. But Luhan never approved on Sehun’s will on ditching school just to be with him. He tells him that he should be grateful because there are many other people who also wants to attend school but never had the chance to. Someone like me Luhan thinks to himself.

Every single day, Sehun goes home with his usual glum look he had on, his brows knitted together into a frown. It was always the grumblings of Oh Sehun that Luhan had always finds it adorable instead, listening to the younger’s complaints about his days at school.

He’d often tell Luhan about his fight with his teacher for not doing homework, or how he would be late to go to the canteen and having to miss his lunch portion, or his lists of detentions.

Luhan listens intently about Sehun’s day at school and he wonders to himself what it would feel like to be also attending school, to have new friends just like how a normal person would. But of course, he’s different, he’s not human, just a mere presence.

Luhan could not help but to think how lucky Sehun is. He’s got plenty of decent friends like the genius Kim Joonmyun or the handsome student council, Wufan. Every single word that spills out of Sehun’s mouth of his school days, Luhan feels a tug in his chest but within every pain, Luhan hides it behind a small smile.

“Why can’t I just quit already?” Sehun breathes in Luhan’s ear as he sits the elder in his lap. Truthfully, Sehun was getting tired and sick of school now and his only source of happiness is Luhan.

“Why can’t I just spend my time with you?” He asks again, not expecting an answer, because he knows, Luhan would only respond to him with the same old answer again; that he should be grateful of what he’s got.

“Sehun…I-”

“Ssshhhh.” Sehun silenced him, his eyes softening as he gazed the elder’s face over his small shoulders as he leaves a trail of kisses on each of the Luhan’s fingers, and Luhan was left flattered.

“Luhan…” he whispers as his kisses trailed further to Luhan’s inner wrist.

 

“I just want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 


So, have you got an idea of what the story might be like? :)

don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment. <3

hope you all have a happy holiday :D