Christmas for the Singles

My Love(On Hiatus)

 

Jonghyun Pov
 
I walked inside the building and was greeted by the employees. I arrived at my office and as expected, many files are already at my table. I sat down and start doing my work.
 
-Beep Beep-
"Sir, you're meeting Mr. Jung today at the ------ restaurant (note: sorry didnt know any good restaurant :P) at 2pm." the assistant called me at the phone, reminding me that I still have to meet Mr. Jung. When will I have a break?
 
Feeling tired of signing the papers, I look at the window, giving me the full view of Seoul. Its already raining snow and I can see children playing around. I cant help but smile and remember our first date, under the snow. We were having the time of our lives and didnt care about other people..
 
--Flashback--
I was holding her hands and walking side by side. I decided to asked her for a date since we were together last week and we didnt have any official date. This day is our very first official date of being together. We were walking on the side walk with a smile plastered on our faces.
 
"Oppa where are you taking me?" she asked with her most delicate voice.
 
"To my favorite place.." I simply replied.
 
We continue walking hand and hand as we were telling each other about random stuffs. I stopped walking and that made her suprised. She looked at me with her confused but cute face. I just smiled at her and lead the way, going inside the cafe, my favorite cafe.
 
"So this is your favorite place.." she said as we entered. I just nodded as a replied and gently pulled her to my very own seat at the corner of the cafe. Not a long moment when Taeyeon noona, one of my closest friend went near us.
 
"Hi Jonghyun. Nice seeing you and you must me Jessica.." she friendly greeted us with her smile. 
 
Jessica nodded, feeling shocked that Taeyeon knew her.
 
"I'm Taeyeon. Jonghyun's best noona.." she dorkily said and made Jessica smiled warmly at her.
 
"Nice meeting you Taeyeaon shi.." she replied. 
 
After giving Taeyeon noona our orders, she quickly leave us and went to the counter.
 
I looked at Jessica, who was now looking at me with her lovely smile.
 
"What?" I asked her.
 
"Nothing.." she shortly replied and looked away.
 
"Am I that handsome?" I playfully asked her and made her blush. Aigoo~ So cute..
 
" Oppa~ Who are you going to celebrate Christmas with?" she asked me.
 
"No one.." I answered and give her a smile. I watched her face turn to sad one, I hold her hands and smiled.
 
"I'm used to it.." 
 
"It must be lonely for you.." she said with a sad tone. " but not for this Christmas.." she said going back to her usual cheerful tone.
 
I looked at her with a puzzled looked and she replied a smiled and wink.
 
"My parents wont be celebrating Christmas here in Seoul since they have business to take care in America.. So we are going to celebrate Christmas together!!" she said, still smiling.
 
I chuckled at her and then nodded. 
"That's going to be fun.."
 
 
--End of Flashback--
 
Finally got to my senses when the door swung open, revealing my beloved friends. Aish.. These guys really dont know how to knock.
 
"What's up?" Minho greeted me along with Key and Taemin behind. Unfortunately, Onew is spending time with his wife, Taeyeon noona in some place far away here. He doesnt really want us to know where.. Afraid of being stalk by us..
 
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked while glaring at them. They didnt seem bother by it, instead they just comfortably sit on the couch.
 
"Nothing.. Just visiting a friend, who seem not pleased to see us.." Key replied.
 
"Guys.. Its not like that.. I'm just busy." I tried to reasoned out. I dont want to hurt them. They are the only friends I have. More likely family, they are like my brothers.
 
"We know hyung.. Key hyung is just joking right?" Taemin said as he looked at me then glared at Key.
 
"So brother.. Do you have plans for  tonight?" Minho asked.
I looked at him and shook my head side ways, telling it was no.
 
"Thats good.. Party at your house. Only us." Key said.
Giving him a confused face and said, "Why? Is it Minho's birthday? I thought it was last last week.. Didnt we celebrate it?"
 
"Yes, we did. But hyung dont you know what date is today?" Minho asked.
 
I looked at the calendar at my table and it read, "December 24. Why is there occasion we need to celebrate?"
 
"Gosh Jonghyun what happened to you?" Key complain and look at me in disbelief while I was giving him a still what-are-you-talking face.
 
"Hyung.. How can you not know?Have you forgotten? We are going to celebrate Christmas Eve tonight." Taemin answered me.
 
Oh right! How can I forget? Chirstmas.. We are going to celebrate Christmas eve together. The singles and unmarried men. How pathetic, right?
 
"Let's eat.. I'm hungry.. Key's treat.." Minho said, changing the topic that made Taemin and I laugh while Key keep cursing Minho, who seem not to care and just smile.
 
Atleast, Christmas wont be lonely this year right? These past years, I kept celebrating Christmas alone. Although I'm used to it but my heart breaks, every Christmas day I would always wish to see her. Even just a day, to be with her. I'll be happy.