Because I Don't Know How To Love - The Plan

Because I Don't Know How To Love

            The day that I wait from yesterday is arriving now, peace cold day. Calm without any traffic jams today. All the people in the town look calm do their own work. I never try to skate but I would like to try it now. “Okay! I’ll give the instruction now. Please pay your attention.” Jae Jin says breaking up the quietness. As I thought, we just only three but then two of Jae Kyung unni friends come and as normally Hong Ki, Min Hwan and Jong Hoon will be here too.

            “Jae Jin, please be hurried!” Jae Kyung says straight forward. “Okay please be calm, the weather today make me a little damp. Sorry. We will go for this by pair. I’ll be with my sister. She is scared but she doesn’t want shows it in front of you all so, I’ll be with her. Choose your own pair I’ll go now. Bye.” They just leave six of us by skating down. “We want pairing with Jae Kyung unni’s friend. So, you both will be the last pair. We want go first.” Min Hwan and Jong Hoon laugh as loud as they can.

            “Never mind, we will.” Hong Ki just says like that without asking for my opinion. “Okay! I just follow.” I am delightful when seeing my cousins. Min Hwan and Jong Hoon have gone now. And at this moment is our turn. “Min Jo, after we finish this can I talk to you personally?” He asking. “Sure, why not?” I wonder what he will say to me. “Prince and princess! What are you talking about? We have waited for you for ten minutes. Go now!” Jong Hoon, the reticent begin to be a talkative person now. I thought he is learning it from Jae Jin.

            We go for it together, we are the last pair. Actually, the place that we skating around is a freezing lake. It is a bigger lake. We get down to the lake through the bank. We begin it as usually, nothing different. We make our own way, playing around, turning there for a few times gracefully before stop to take rest. “Min Jo-ah, can you get me a hot chocolate?” Jae Jin asks and lies on the white snowy ground. “Hong Ki, can you help me buy a hot drink? Anything.” Min Hwan says. “Me too.” Jong Hoon says after that. “Okay! I can buy for you but Jae Kyung unni must follow me.” I say strict.

              Two of Jae Kyung unni’s friends have gone for toilet and now Jong Hoon and Min Hwan are going to the toilet too. “Oh, sorry Min Jo. I can’t follow you by this time. I’ve a stomach ache as you know every girl will get it on some date or day of the month.” She explains to me. “Okay, never mind. I understand and I can go myself.” I say, bored. “No! I’ll not allow you to go alone. You must go with Hong Ki.” Jae Jin stops me. “Whatever!!!” I know this is his plan, he wants Hong Ki and I befriend to each other.

We go together to the drinks stall not far from the park that I bumped into Hong Ki for the first time. We buy the hot chocolates from the vendor and go back to the place that we leave the rest. Finally we get there but all of them are not here anymore. “Where are they?” I venture to open my mouth. “Let’s we go back to the park.” He says in a lower tone and just goes without waits for me. I run for him and we reach to the park again. We search for them around the park and the place that nearer to this park. “They are not here too…” He mumbles but I heard it. “Min Jo, can you make a phone call to Jae Jin or Jae Kyung unni?” He asks me. “Alright.” I say simple.

            I try making the calls but they are off their phone and now are Hong Ki turn to make a call for Min Hwan and Jong Hoon. “They are off their phone too.” He says to me. We seat on the bench together to take a rest. For about 15 minutes we are mute and after that Hong Ki asks me “Have you take your pills today?” “Oh yes!” I give a smile. “Hong Ki, thanks for this pretty necklace.” I continue. “You’re welcome. The handmade card is beautiful too. You’re creative person.” Hong Ki claims. “Oh thanks. The cheapest present from me.” I say but at this moment my heart is beat faster and more in every second.

            “Sorry for not making a call.” He asks for forgiveness. “It’s okay but something wrongs with your present, no greeting card even a word.” I open my eyes widely. “Actually, I give you a note.” He feels uneasy. “Where?” I keep asking. “Have you opened the locket up?” He asks me back. “Never. I don’t know I can open it.” I say. “Let me open it for you.” He opens up the love-shaped locket. There is a piece of small paper in it, I take it and read it alone.

            Merry Christmas, Kim Min Jo.

            Nice to meet you and sorry for being cold with you all this while. I never thought to be like that before but when I meet you for the first time I feel the love presence in my pure heart. You’re the one that have change me a lot, from antisocial now I can friend with all of them. I’ve nothing to say. Goodbye.

            Kim Min Jo, saranghae.

From the coldest person,

Lee Hong Ki.

            “Hong Ki! Why you make me like this? Why you lie me? Why you get cold to me? Why? Why? Why?” All the questions get out from me and I start to cry. I lost my control, I can hide my tears right now. I am sobbing. “Actually, I am like that because I don’t know how to love. Would you accept my love now?” He is stuttering asks me. “I will.” I sob again. He embraces me and says “Thank you for be understanding person.” “Saranghae, Min Jo.” He whispers at my ears.

            “This is good for you both.” Suddenly, they all appear from the back of a big shady tree at the park. We are blushed. “Congratulation!” Seung Hyun appears from somewhere. Actually, he is there too before, spying on us. “I saw you just now. I know why you didn’t love me Min Jo. Don’t tell me the useless excuse again Min Jo and the watch, you can keep it forever. Goodbye.” He waves at me and then leaves us just like that.

            “I’m sorry! I’ve made many faults in my life.” I kneel down. “Min Jo, don’t regret to the things that we have done. We can get mad because of that. Let we begin our new life.” Hong Ki smile sweetly. “Yay!!! Success.” Jae Kyung jumps up and shouts. “Hey, unni! You said you get stomach ache but…. You lie on me….” I run after her.

            “The cold ice will melt although only a bit of sunshine hit it.” Jae Jin says and laugh.

Finished.