FLOWERS

SunSun Collection fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The bell chimes ding once a handsome lad stepped inside the flower shop....

He was greeted by a young lady he hasn’t seen here before, considering he comes here way too often. She was the only person inside the shop as it was too early.

 

 

“Good morning, sir. What can I help you with?” She began the conversation, flashing her contagious smile. Her smile was too genuine, that even her eyes formed into a crescent shape.

“I need a bouquet of red roses, please.” He casually answered. Upon hearing his answer, she couldn’t help to be impressed. She skidded her way to where the flowers were placed.

“You know, a man would usually give his girl red roses.” She tried to avoid an awkward moment by small talking him. “...because you see, every color and every kind of flower represents something.” She continued.

“Really? I never knew that.” He answered, amused because she sounded just like his mom.The moment he heard her chuckle, he felt something tickling from inside.

“I kind of expected that.” She stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. “Men usually do not give a time of the day to small details.” She continued, changing her tone into a bitter one. Silence filled the room until she realized what she had just caused.

“I’m sorry.” She said cheerfully now. “Mood swings.” She tried to reason out a defense to her previous action, trying to finish the final touches of the bouquet he needed.

“Hey, it happens.” He answered wanting to assure her it was fine.

 

 

Silence......

 

 

“You know-“

“I have-“

They talked at the same time. Just like magnets, their eyes met in an instance.

There it was again, that smile... He thought

“You go first!” She initiated.

He smiled cheekily saying, “Uh, it’s just that I haven’t seen you here before.” He watched her skilfully arranging the flowers in order. Looking at her hands, he wondered how someone with creamy, soft and flawless hands can be this precise at doing this work. If he hadn’t met her here, he will think of her as an elite young woman who would need an assistant just because she needs a glass of water. But seeing her do her work, she was really different from his impression. He then elevated his gaze, not realizing he was already staring at her face intently. He studied every facial feature she possessed. She was saying something but he couldn’t even hear her. Her perfectly-shaped full lips, moving every utterance she makes. Her cheeks, displaying a tint shade of pink. He was fascinated every time her eyelashes bat against the skin under her eyes. Her chocolate brown orbs, so expressive that it feels like you can see through her. Her eyebrows furrowed, indicating she’s too focused on what she’s doing. That moment, she looked like an angel to him.

He just snapped out of his trance state when he saw her waving at his direction.”.....done”, was the only word he heard from her.

 

They proceeded to the counter, just as the telephone rung. The lady picked up the call, excusing herself from the customer. “Good morning, Adabana Flower Shop. Oh, Taeyeon....” But her enthusiastic state suddenly dimmed away as soon as she heard the other line. “Sunny, I’m sorry. I wouldn’t be able to come today. I’m seriously ill.” Taeyeon tried her best to speak clearly despite her clogged nose.” Sungmin heard the girl let a sigh out. “Well, if you’re really sick then don’t come here anymore. Just......just take a rest and be well.” She brought the receiver back on its rightful place pouting sulkily.

He cleared his throat trying to catch her attention. “Oh, I’m sorry.” She apologized for her inattentiveness. “So, that was Taeyeon?” He asked.  “You know her?” She didn’t know why but she didn’t like that idea. “Isn’t she the one who was supposed to be in here? I mean, I always see her here.” She winced inwardly because of his statement. “Ah, she’s sick so she couldn’t be here.” She tried not to sound hurt. She knew he had someone else already, basing from the fact that he bought a bouquet of flowers, and she doesn’t even have the right to be jealous but she was. She really was. She wanted to smack her head because of that idea. She just met this guy for less than an hour and now she was possessive of him already?

Oh, I’m sorry that she couldn’t be here, mister. But don’t make me feel like I shouldn’t be here at all. She tried to compose herself, but inside, she was aiming daggers on his chest.

He was confused as to why she’s now acting cold.

Mood swings, I guess. He thought.

“Here’s everything you need, Mr.........”

“Sungmin. Lee Sungmin.”

She just nodded, leaving him disappointed.

She watched him make his way out of the shop. Just then, she let out a long sigh...

 

 

He arrived at his mother’s house. She held out a welcoming embrace for his son.

“Someone seems to be in a good mood. May I know the reason why you can’t wipe the smile plastered on your face?” He hasn’t realized he’s been smiling all throughout his drive.

Just as he hands the bouquet of flowers to his mother, he tried to compose himself.

“Wow, the way this bouquet was arranged is especially unique. I like it. Did they hire a new florist?”

“From what I’ve heard, Taeyeon was sick this morning. So I’m guessing they hired a new one.“

“Well, she did a fantastic job. She’s my favourite now. Do you know that when a girl is practically good at taking care of things, like these precious little flowers, that someone will be a good wife? She must’ve paid extra details trying to make this as lovely it is now. What’s her name, aegi?” Then it finally dawned into him....

“I haven’t asked her that.”

 

 

 

The next week, he visited the flower shop. He’d be lying if he’ll say he wasn’t ecstatic to see her again there. Much to his anticipation, she wasn’t the lady he saw there.

“Welcome, sir, Tiffany at your service. What would you like?” A lady cheerfully asked him. She was cheerful, but not as much as the girl that served him last time. Tiffany had a more beautiful eye smile, but it didn’t have an effect on him.

Because of his delayed response, Tiffany began to feel sceptical. “Is there any problem, sir?”

“Uh, none. I’m sorry about that. Can I have a bouquet of red roses?”

“Wait a moment, sir.” She answered, flashing yet again her eye smile. She started to cover the flowers inside a roll of a beautifully woven piece of paper cloth while he observed her every move. He was disturbed by the fact that he was disturbed on the difference of Tiffany’s work from the-girl-from-last-time’s work.

“I see that you’re new here.” Surprisingly, even if he was the customer, he initiated the small talk.

“Ah, yes. The management decided to shuffle the employees from all of their branches”, she answered obediently.

He was shocked by the information he just knew but he decided to keep it all in. “Do you happen to know where the previous worker here is now?”

“Last week? Isn’t that, wait, what’s her name again?”

He patiently waited for her to finally say the lady’s name.

“Kim Taeyeon?”

The look of disappointment was evident on his face.

“No. I don’t think so. Well, that lady is a bit short and....” He tried to describe the girl that consumed his thoughts all week long.

“Taeyeon is short” The girl pointed out. He realized she was right. Just then, the shop’s telephone rang.

“Hello, Sunny?” Tiffany chirped to the person on the other line. “Ah, yes. So you’ll be here” she looked at her watch, “a little bit later than lunch, I see. Fine, then.”

Seeing the customer in front of her, she remembered his query. “Uh, hang on a sec, Sun. Did you hire someone to accompany Taeyeon here last week?” Sungmin’s ears perked up.  “None? Oh, I see. Ah, Nothing. Okay, bye. Take care!”

Tiffany redirected her attention back to the disappointed Sungmin. “I’m sorry, sir, but there was no other florist here other than Taeyeon.”

“I see.” He smiled as a sign of his appreciation for her effort.

When he was inside his car, he caught a glimpse of his phone.

 

                                3 Missed Calls

                                From: Eommeo-nim

 

He wondered why he began to feel anxious but he dialled his mom’s digits.

“Hello”, he didn’t know who this voice is from, but it sounds familiar. “Do you know Mrs. Lee?” she asked.

“She’s my mother.” He responded

“You know Seohyun, do you? Uh, because you see, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter