Chapter 8

Fireworks

 

“No! No! Sunny?!”

 

Tiffany feels Sunny sliding down to the floor slowly and holds her hard to prevent her from falling to unconsciousness. 

 

*This can’t happen. She can’t faint.

 

Holding Sunny in her arms, Tiffany whisper to her ears.

 

“What can I do? What can I do to make your forget the painful memories?!”

 

*I hope I can at least able to sing a song that will cheer her up and make her forget the pain. 

 

Unconsciously even to herself, Tiffany sings softly into Sunny ears.

 

**

 

Unleash the rope, see the inner heart

For whom you are hurting yourself

With this little hand I want to protect

And wish strongly upon a falling star

 

~~~

 

Thousands of twinkling stars swallowed by the night sky

I hope one day I’ll be able to give this to you

This song that would bring a smile to that certain someone

I hope that one day you can make the flower bloom

 

~~~

 

I send my song into the night sky, with a little magic

I don’t want you to be alone in the sadness forever

I look up at the starry night and make a wish

That someday a bright smile will be drawn

And protect you once and for all

 

**

 

An angelic voice echo within Sunny mind and she feels a light from somewhere above where it does not belong in the dark war memories. A voice which brings a ray of hope and endless love echo within the chamber of the tunnel in her mind. The inner self of Sunny reach out a hand in an effort to grab the shining hope.

 

Then, as if it is a dream, she hold on to the voice and feels that strong pull of hope to which she open her eyes to a beautiful singing voice louder than the fireworks and clearly than crystal.

 

She look up to meet Tiffany still singing softly to her. For the first time, her tears drop for something other than memory of explosion.

 

*

 

At last, the fireworks stops and the balcony is full of smokes from the release of the fireworks. Tiffany open her eyes and meets with Sunny’s one which is brimmed with tears but with a smile etches on her face. Both smile and no words can express the love and trust of friendship between the two girls there. The moment which only a true friendship can reach.