Chapter 5

Fireworks

 

~~ You better Run Run Run Run Run.. ~~

 

The remaining girls perform their second songs for the night in a scared and confuse mind state. Their choreography is messier than usual with the absent of two key members and the atmosphere is just downright serious.

 

Jessica loses her footsteps and bump into Sooyoung during the dance.

 

Hyoyeon sounds out of tone covering Sunny’s part.

 

Even, the usually calm Taeyeon sings her ad-lib out of key.

 

Everyone eyes are moist and smile is a forced action. During the line dance, Taeyeon place hand onto Sooyoung shoulder where else it should be on Sunny’s. Suddenly, her mind flashes back to the incident where she got dragged off the stage at this part of the performance. Sunny hold on to her and even abandon her dance to save her from the intruder. Her voice sound harsh eventually from the memory.

 

Hyoyeon sensing something wrong with Taeyeon tightens her grip on her shoulder as some encouragement.

 

~~ Run Devil Devil Run Run… ~~

 

The performance end with a quick bow to the audience and the girls speed off the stage only to find that their manager standing backstage with a worried and disappointed look on his face. He looks at the girls with a sad face.

 

“Girls, I can’t find them around here,” manager tells them. “But the staffs have been informed to search around the area. And your upcoming practice is canceled. Get change quickly and try to figure out where Sunny might be. Join the search.”

 

Sooyoung take the lead and ran off to change. The girls follow suit.

 

Meanwhile, the manager receives a phone call from SM Entertainment director Kim Young Min regarding the absent of Sunny and Tiffany from the performance.

 

“… That is what happened. She is shocked and did not join the second performance,” manager explains through the phone.

 

“Find her and make sure she is safe and Tiffany too. I will deal with the press and reporters,” director hangs up.

 

“Sunny~.”

 

*

 

“BING! BONG!! BANG!!!”

 

The waiting room is nothing but chaos!

 

Things flies around and the girls trying to get something to change into.

 

Sooyoung being the fastest, had already finish changing and ready go out to search for Sunny. She had her hand on the door knob before there’s a loud crash behind.

 

Jessica knocks right into the table while trying to get her shoes underneath it. She withers with pain and collapsed onto the floor.

 

“Sica-yah!”

 

Sooyoung rushes over immediately and pick her up.

 

“Are you alright?!”

 

Only choking sound of tears come out of Jessica. “I am scare! What if Sunny do something stupid like…”

 

“DON’T SAY THAT!”

 

Sooyoung interrupt before Jessica can finish her sentence.

 

“Don’t you dare think of it! Nothing will happen to her! She is a strong girl! She is our strong Sunny! And we will find her and she will be alright.”

 

“Unnie.”

 

Seohyun walks over with teary eyes and says, “We can’t break down. Be strong unnie!”

 

Jessica nod weakly.

 

Hyoyeon comes over and hug both of them. “We will find her. And Tiffany is searching already. Let’s go now!”

 

The nine girls rush out and spread into teams to search for Sunny and Tiffany.