Chapter 6

Fireworks

 

Her hand grips her shoulder until it is all red and painful.

 

*I am sorry… I leave you girls… I am sorry…

 

For a while, she though she heard footsteps and the door closing.

 

*Who is there? A guard?

 

 Sunny see a silhouette standing in front her reflected by the moonlight. She tilts her head upwards to find Tiffany looking at her with tearful eyes. She could not believe her eyes and continue to look at her standing there basking in her reflection from the moonlight.

 

She found me.

 

Again.

 

“Tiff--…”

 

Without words and any delay, Tiffany crouches in front of her and put her arms around the shaking body of Sunny and hugs her tight. The unfinished sentence found itself through to Tiffany during the hug. It tells all.

 

The hug which convert so many words and unsaid affection and emotions.

 

The bond of love and friendship. Precious tears continue to fall from the two girls.

 

“Stupid… stupid… you are so stupid…”

 

Tiffany muttered into Sunny ears. “Don’t ever run off like that again or… or… I will~… will…”

 

“I am sorry. I am too scared and I can’t control my emotion. I don’t want to let you all to see me like this,” Sunny sob into Tiffany shoulder.

 

Tiffany releases her grip on Sunny and immediately started to check her hands and legs.

 

“Are you hurt anywhere? Did the fireworks explodes and hits you?”

 

Seeing Tiffany like this, Sunny couldn’t help but touched by the action leading her to form a smile on her battered face. The horrid feelings inside her vanish bit by bit into thin air, her breathing steady down and she feels her heart beat slows down to almost normal rate. The memory of shaking grounds, screaming and shrieks and bombs explosions fade away, replaced by the sight of this nervous girl looking at her with concern and nervous eyes. The distant cheering sound of the concert sounded more clear and real this time.

 

*Why do I feel so much protected now than in the past?

 

Who is this girl in front of me now?

 

Dil-fany? No.

 

Mushroom-fany? No.

 

Hwang Mi-Young had grown up to become a strong girl to take the role of protecting now…

 

Our Tiffany ~…