Chapter 4

Fireworks

 

Tiffany twists off the staff hold on her and runs off ignoring Taeyeon calls!

 

All that’s in her mind now is Sunny!!!

 

She could not forget the first time when Sunny screams and covers her ears during one of their outdoor performances when the fireworks went off. Her face looks horrid and she dunked for cover behind Tiffany. Her terrified face was forever etched into Tiffany mind and heart.

 

From that moment onwards, every time there are outdoor performances she always looks out for Sunny and stay close to her prepare to cover her ears in case any fireworks or stage explosion went off. Each time, Sunny will goes to her embrace and stays until the fireworks ended.

 

*But, Tiffany thought to herself. That was fireworks up the sky. Even that kind makes her screams and shakes badly under her cover. This time, it explodes so close to her and it happens so suddenly too. She – She - … No! Sunny, where are you?! Please don’t scare me … please…!!!

 

Tiffany stops to ask some of the staffs about Sunny whereabouts. Some of them points that Sunny runs to the emergency exits. Tiffany rushes there and bang open the door to a silent stairway. She peeks over the edge below and saw only darkness. Following her instinct, she runs up the stairway. Pausing on every level, she opens every exit doors on each level hoping to find Sunny there.

 

At last, she reaches the final level pave way.

 

*This is it. Tiffany pants heavily. Sunny… please be here. I can’t hold it anymore. Please… don’t make me go crazy. Please don’t do anything stupid.

 

She pushes open the door. A cold gush of wind blows in and she shivers. A dark balcony greets her eyes and amidst the distance concert sound, she heard a sobbing. Walking towards the sound, she turns a corner to find Sunny on floor huddled up in a corner shaking and crying.

 

Tiffany heart feels relieve for the first time today and her body tense loosen a bit at the sight of Sunny even though she is in a battered state.

 

*She is okay… This shorty is okay… Everything is going to be fine… The girls will be relieved…

 

Unknowingly, tears starting to fall down on her cheek as she watch this girl in front of her looks back at her with red swollen eyes…