Chapter 10: Affection - Human Version

Unbreakable

 

A/N: This is kind of a double update and it is IMPORTANT that you read Chapter 9
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
When the unknown guy turned his eyes on him one of two things happened.
 
Firstly he stooped screaming, the soft vulnerable look in the guys eyes had Donghae's heart stop fluttering so erratically. If he wanted to hurt him he would have smothered him in his sleep already. 
 
But instead the other guy had a rather childlike expression to his face, tangled in the blankets his hair out of place and held his body in such a slouched position as if he had just fell out of heaven an didn't quite know how to hold himself.
 
"oh my god. " Donghae breathed crouched on the furthest side of the bed away from the stranger, both wide eyed and daring the other to make a move. 
 
A few more seconds of silence before the wind interrupted them and the unknown blonde shuddered as the cold touch his bare shoulders and he finally stared down in shock, turning his hands around and staring at them letting out a low eery whimper in the back of his throat that had even Donghae unsettled. 
 
The man made a move to crawl over to Donghae causing the him to squeak, shooting off the bed and pressing himself against the wall. "don't-" Donghae started wondering if this was just some messed up dream to conclude how crazy he had been feeling lately. 
 
When the other guy paused, curled up with large watery eyes trained on Donghae, he ducked his head until his mop of blonde hair fell over his eyes and held his hand, palm facing upwards in Haes direction a sign of submissive defeat. 
 
The action was all too familiar to Donghae and he felt his blood run cold as he stepped over to him taking the guys hand between his fingers. Pale and shivering it wasn't the first thing that he noticed, but it was the oddly shaped birthmark lining his palm that had him shooting back like he'd burnt him. 
 
This can't be happening. This. Is. Not. Real.
 
"Hyukjae." he whispered, yet it was loud enough for the other guy to lift his head up, round brown eyes giving him such an every day affectionate look that when he saw the shock and complete fear on the other guys face he was completely overwhelmed by human emotions that he had yet to experience.
 
Hyukjae bursts into small sobs that formed at the back of his throat and startled him causing him to curl in on himself flinching at the water running down his face. 
 
"Hyukkie don't cry. " he murmured empathy setting in despite the strangeness of the situation and reached over to ruffle Hyukjaes hair a familiar action that calmed the both of them as Donghae tried to think. 
 
Hyukjae was back... but more importantly Hyukjae was human.
 
He was still his pet and he still expected him to care for him.
 
It wasn't like he could take him to any sort of zoo now.
 
Hyukjae didn't know how to be human and Hyukjae was...-
 
The confused male threw himself at Donghae, unaware to his new weight and reduced mobility and started making a pitiful attempt at climbing up him, not at all use to the length of his limbs now or the effect it would have on poor Hae. Turning an unnatural shade of red he froze helplessly at the guy clambering all over him, eyes practically bulging out of his head as he tried to look anywhere other than at the guy clinging onto him.
 
"O-oh my gosh, Hyukjae you can't do that anymore!" He stammered, trying to prevent the monkey from his ultimate goal of curling up onto his shoulders like he use to do. 
 
Hyukjae began squeaking in annoyance, Hae realised that was the only noise Hyukjae was even capable of making and although this was so confusing that he wanted to just tear his hair out in an attempt to wake himself up, instead he just fell back at Hyukjae's attempts, landing hard on his back and blinking up at the pale face nuzzling into his. "Mmfft." Donghae complained, not use to such close contact even if this was some strange form of his previous pet.
 
It was impossible for Donghae to completely grasp how on earth this was possible, because it wasn't, it shouldn't be. And that scared him because he didn't completely trust his mentality not to lie to him at the moment. But Hyukjae was such a solid form right now, obviously since he was crushing Donghae's lungs at the moment, and even if this wasn't Hyukjae there was a and very clueless guy in his house who was acting like nothing more than a pet at the moment. 
 
Would Hyukjae turn back into a monkey...? Or was this a long term thing?
 
What would Kyuhyun think.
 
Oh my god.
 
Donghae managed to crawl out from underneath him and made it halfway down the hallway running before he heard a soft whimper behind him and he caved.
 
Hyukjae was standing there and Donghae really looked at him for the first time, his brown eyes giving him an expressionless once over, gulped for a moment and told himself to focus on his face. He was scrawny and he could tell by how his hands were twitching that he wasn't entirely sure how to walk, it was obvious that he wanted to crawl to him but his arms weren't long enough anymore. 
 
Okay. Donghae. Think.
 
Clothes, most importantly he needed the distraction of Hyukjae's milky white skin to go away before he could even bring himself to consider how this was possible.
 
"Arm's up Hyukkie." He murmured, hesitant to even touch him because this was just too damn strange for him.
 
Hyukjae obediently lifted his arms up above his head, eyes wide at the movement, everything was strange to him, seeing Donghae from this angle where he was completely face to face with him at eye level.
 
Pulling one of his old t-shirts over his head was the easy part but Hyukjae kept shifting awkwardly at the feel of clothes on him now. 
 
Taking his hand in his Donghae led him along slowly, trying to wipe away the smirk on his face at how Hyukjae stumbled along behind him, to anyone else he might look slightly intoxicated but Hae knew he was struggling with this new posture.
 
"Are...are you hungry Hyukkie?" Donghae questioned, tugging him down the stairs carefully.
 
"Hyukkie."
 
Donghae paused, almost missing a step in his surprise and turned himself back around to gape at the blonde.
 
"What did you just say?" He whispered, the clarity of hearing Hyukjae speak made it all the more real to him.
 
"Hyukkieee." Hyukjae repeated, about the only word he'd always heard Donghae say that he could fully understand. Beaming at Donghae anxiously the other guy couldn't help but smile back, the usual baring of his teeth as a monkey well... looked even dorkier now that he was human.
 
His teeth practically took up his whole face.
 
------
 
It was while Hyukjae was currently trying to balance a spoon between his fingers and scoop cereal into his mouth that donghae was torn between wanting to help him from not spilling it all down his chin, that he realized his pet wouldn't know how to be human at all. 
 
Donghae had always had way too much free time on his hands but now... he needed to spend all of it teaching Hyukjae how to be human.
 
Honestly he couldn't keep his eyes off him. He was Human. Human. And yet he was still just as cute and precious as he had been before, not anything he had ever labelled upon a man before. 
 
Part of him was scared that if he looked away Hyukjae would be a primate again or worse, he wouldn't be here at all.
 
"You can't run away again okay..." Donghae murmured, breaking the silence. If he got scared and got out, no one would return him to him. He wasn't Donghae's pet anymore, he didn't own him... yet he was still responsible for him in every way possible.
 
Hyukjae nodded enthusiastically, the movement surprising him and he grinned around his mouthful at Hae, accidentally spilling his breakfast down his chin.
 
Donghae tensed, upon instinct reaching out to wipe it away fingers curling around his chin for a moment before he cleared his throat and went back to his laptop, his eyebrow raised as he forced himself to look away from Hyukjae.
 
Fiction fiction fiction.
 
All he could find upon searching is fiction of things like this happening.
 
But this was real life... or at least, for him it was.
 
Part of him wanted someone else to witness this just so that he could be sure he wasn't going insane.
 
His hand hovered over his phone but Kyuhyun couldn't see this, he wouldn't believe him even if he had solid proof of the guy in front of him.
 
Donghae marveled at the fact that Hyukjae had blonde hair, from what he could tell the guy was naturally a bleach colour, just like his fur had been atop his head when he was a monkey.
 
Typing away on his computer Donghae was acutely aware of movement out the corner of his eye and having finished his breakfast Hyukjae decided to crawl across the table, sliding his way over to Donghae on his stomach.
 
Almost choking on his own spit at how uncivilized and confusing Hyukjae was at the moment he scooted his chair back when the other guy tried to get into his lap. "Hyukkie you can't." He protested, causing the other guy to pout and sit cross legged where he was, and even when Donghae's eyes anxiously went back to the screen he could see Hyukjae staring holes into his head.
 
Giving up and slamming his laptop shut he lifted his eyes up to him. "Can you try and talk again?" He whispered.
 
"Uh.." Hyukjae mumbled, testing his vocal chords, not use to diverse languages but rather simple grunts of agreement.
 
"Donghae." Donghae offered, pointing at himself and smiling encouragingly at the boy curled up on the table. 
 
"....Duh...H... Hae." Hyukjae managed, wriggling around in his own self praise. 
 
Aish so cute. Donghae complained to himself, breaking out into a smile. 
 
"HaeHaeHae." Hyukjae muttered, wiggling like he was about to spring at him from where he was crouched on the table.
 
Oh boy. Donghae murmured, knowing he was still a monkey at heart and really, he had a voice now which would make him even more annoying. 
 
Donghae couldn't deny it though, despite having a heavy feeling in his stomach that this was wrong, that it was completely defying nature and that he was slowly and surely going insane, why not give into it? He'd always had friends, family but he'd always depended on people too much.
 
Now he well and truly had someone who depended on him, had nothing better to turn to and Hae liked the sound of that as selfish as it was. Whether he preferred Hyukjae as a monkey or not yet he couldn't tell, but the guy was certainly trying to persuade him when he dived at him, knocking him off his chair and burying his face into his shoulder. Completely oblivious to how strong his grip was now Hyukjae completely smothered Donghae as he hugged him, and for the first time in a long while Donghae didn't mind.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Ahh so yes it is Hyukkie ^0^

This chapter is a bit short but i'm open to suggestions as to what you want to happen now

<3