Reality

Secret Love Affair

 

Chapter 4.

 

"You'll like her. I'm sure of it." Yuri stated, telling her without any hesitation as she stared into Jessica's brown eyes.

 

Jessica let her eyes staring back into the latter and gave a soft chuckle. What made Yuri was so sure about it? 

 

"I like her?" Jessica finally questioned, her eyebrow furrowed as she wanted to know more why Yuri was so doubtless about it.

 

"Not like in that way," Yuri remarked, "But you can get along with her as friend. I know you don't have many friends in here. Sunny said it all."

 

Jessica felt doomed and wanted to spat on Sunny at that moment, making Yuri to know her weakness, yes, she never being good in her social life. Her closest friend was just Sunny, and Sunny, and Sunny. But it didn't mean Sunny should tell all about this to her childhood friend. It made her feel so vulnerable.

 

"I can't wait to meet her then." Jessica answered without asking more. She wasn't quite like the topic either.

 

"Great! she's quite loud, but don't worry, she could make someone to be comfortable with her!" Yuri told her enthusiastically, receiving a laugh from the older girl.

 

"Seems like you like her a lot." Jessica giggled, "She must be lucky girl." Her last statement was successful to make Yuri's cheeks turned pink.

 

"It's not just I like her." Yuri stopped all of the sudden, "I can't even imagine if she leaves me. Maybe I can be crazy if she does."

 

"Cheesy, crazy." Jessica giggled, trying to make fun of it.

 

"And how about YOU?" Yuri asked, emphasized at her last word. "You haven't tell me!"

 

Jessica just smiled and stared into the younger girl who was wanting to know her answer. "I was..like you."

 

"You're..like me?" Yuri's eyes widened, surprised with Jessica's answer. "So you're..."

 

"I had been dating a girl once." Jessica stated nonchalantly, it was no use to cover her past from her childhood friend. Yuri was one of her friend that she trust of, and soon she would know about it. 

 

"But the relationship itself didn't go so well," Jessica moved her head down, averted her gaze from Yuri to ditch the eye contact between them. It seemed easy to tell the truth, but in fact she hadn't ready about this yet.

 

"Because of the society?" Yuri asked, Jessica could feel the anger in her eyes. "They had no right to judge your love life." 

 

"There's always a reason behind it." Jessica spoke in a low voice, her eyes were now looking at the younger directly. It's not she didn't want to tell her or didn't trust her, it's just she didn't want to open her memories anymore. What have done is done. "Maybe we're just not meant to be."

 

"Okay, let's not talk about it anymore." Yuri tried to change the topic as she checked on Jessica's expression that have turned a bit. She could see that she was holding something, like she was going to cry, and she decided not to push her limits. "By the way, you should wake your sister or else I can't even get to see her today."

 

"You're right." Jessica rise from her seat and walked towards Yoona's room. Placing her fist in front of the wooden door, she was already to wake her up like  always. She rotated her head towards Yuri again before she said, "Sorry, Yuri, I think it's gonna be long."

 

"Don't worry, I have a patience." Yuri smiled.

 

"Yoona-yah!" Jessica shouted, her voice echoed throughout the area. She knocked at the door many times. Didn't receive a sign, Jessica sighed and took the duplicat key from her pocket. She plunged the key into the hole and rotated it. The door was instantly opened, but Jessica stayed in her place as she saw Yoona was already standing in front of her, with her messy hair and her blue pajamas with a dot motive. 

 

Yoona let out a little yawn as she stared at her sister with hald-lidded eyes. "What is it? I've told you that this is Saturday and I don't have a class. You shouldn't disturb my sleep."

 

"Your new lecturer has came." Jessica said firmly, she had always like that whenever she was with her, maybe that's why Yoona didn't feel comfortable when she was talking to her. For her, her sister was completely changed and it reminded her about her father.

 

"What the hell are you talking about, unnie?" Yoona asked, her voice was a bit loud to Yuri to hear. "New lecturer? Hell NO."

 

Yuri lifted her head into the side, trying to peek the situation between them, but she couldn't see properly. She just could see Jessica's back at the moment.

 

"It's not my demand. It's dad. Just change your clothes now and meet her." Jessica replied, flat.

 

"You must be crazy! I'm not a child who need a lecturer." Yoona rolled her eyes, but Jessica didn't budge. She turned her head and called her childhood friend.

 

"Yuri-ah, come here."

 

Hearing Jessica's demand, Yuri thought that she could get to know about her sister now. She carelessly left her seat, didn't look at her phone which was on the table.

With a quick move, she made her way towards the two people who were still in a unfinished argument. She approached them and bowed. She lifted her head, looking into the mess girl straightly and gave her best smile.

 

"Hello, Yoona. My name is Kwon Yuri and I'll be your lecturer today. I hope we can get along well. " Yuri said without any obstacle. she had memorized all and practice the speech. 

 

Hearing her greetings, Yoona could only hissed before she looked on the tanned girl once again. It was like all her previous lecturer, they'll give up after they know her. It was easy. Her lips curled inwards, but she tried to hide her smirk as soon as possible. "Whatever," She said. 

 

"Yoona! please respect her. She's my old friend." Jessica told her, but she just received a laugh from her sister. 

 

"Friend? I thought you don't have a 'friend', unnie." Yoona giggled.

 

Jessica sighed, slightly embarrassed at her sister's mock. She looked at Yuri again, "Yuri, I leave it to you."

 

Yuri nodded as she watched Jessica who was slowly disappearing from their presence. Like Jessica had said yesterday, now she knew the reason Jessica told her to be patient with her sister. But a job was a job and no matter how rude she was, Yuri was not going to give up. 

 

She brought her gaze into the younger one and smiled.

 

"Let's start, shall we?"

 

 

---

 

 

"I thought you don't have a 'friend', unnie."

 

Jessica walked into the living room again and jammed herself on the seat, her mind was still engrossed to her sister's statement earlier. She didn't take it seriously, knowing that her sister was mad at her, being change like this. She knew that but still; her words sounded harsh and she couldn't accept it.

 

It's not her fault isn't it?

 

She was just trying to help her, keeping her promise to her father that she'll take care of her seriously from now.

 

She was just following her father's command.

 

*KRING*

 

That though was snapped from her mind as she heard a sound of a phone in her ears. She frowned as she found that it wasn't her ringing tone. It was other.

 

She looked on the table, and glanced on it furiously. it was Yuri's phone. Looked like someone called her. The sound was stopped for a while, but it was ringing again, and it was getting louder.

 

Staring at the phone who was still ringing, Jessica couldn't help herself to bring her to the place. She didn't want to steal on someone's privacy, but how if it's an urgent?

 

Grabbed Yuri's phone, Jessica quickly directed her gaze into the screen of the phone. Looking on the caller, Jessica couldn't stop looking around the familiar figure inside the phone.

 

One call- Fany

 

She knew it clearly who it was. Even the color of her hair had changed, but she still knew her. Her eyes that were turning into crescent moon when she was smiling, like in the picture. That smile, she wasn't wrong. But still she couldn't believe her eyes. Is fate trying to play with her again?

 

They hadn't met each other since their break up and hadn't kept the contact since then.

 

"You'll like her. I'm sure of it."

 

"She's quite loud, but don't worry, she could make someone to be comfortable with her."

 

And Jessica didn't know why her hand began to move itself. Her fingers pressed the reject button and she dropped Yuri's phone on the table.

 

Why it was her?

 

And why it has to be her friend's lover?

 

---